Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wish Me Luck!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wish Me Luck!

ok, so, my civic got stolen last week. with all the mods on it, the car should be worth somewhere around 14k (including the 7k for the car)... so if all goes well with the insurance, i'll be getting an evo sooooooon.

i've definately got my hopes up, but am still VERY wary about getting paid off for everything. i have boxes and receipts, but who knows what the insurance will say...

fingers crossed i guess. i'll be talking to the insurance folks in the next couple days.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodluck. Hope you get your Evo
Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:44 PM

i will wish you luck....

When i had my civic stolen, i had about 8k worth of mods done to it, which where all covered by insurance (had all the receipts submitted to them and was paying extra insurance for the parts to be covered too), I fought the insurance for about 2 months trying to get them to give me what they should of. They literaly came up w/ every excuse on why not to pay me for the mods. long story short after 2 months of grinding my teeth they finally agreed to pay up...
if they start giving crap PM me and i'll try and help you as much as i can.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, that's what i'm terrified about... but my car has been broken into before, and the claims lady didn't give me any grief at all. in fact, the claims person was the one that told me to get the reciepts and boxes together to see how much it was all worth.. which i think is a good sign....

who's your insurance co?
Old Sep 22, 2003, 11:41 PM

then once they see you spent $1500x2 for your cams and springs and etc,etc all that Mr. insurance adjuster will say is "that mod to your car was done for your liking and all that is needed to get your car running again are these $400 cams, we are only going to give you $400." Its hell and they will walk all over you trying to pay the small amount they can.

Last edited by DoingAnything; Sep 22, 2003 at 11:51 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 03:50 AM

I hoped you paid the insurance to cover your mods. If not your SOL, they wont pay you what your mods are worth.

My old car got broken into stole the stock rims damaged steering wheel, smashed the window, dented door, insurace was nice enough to give me JDM steering wheel, repair ALL damage to the car, and $1500 to buy a new set of rims. I didnt pay extra coverage.