Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fastest 1/4 time or Highest dyno numbers using XEDE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One should note that even with a blown turbo, the 1G DSM came in 5th at the road course at the USCC.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:11 AM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to be honest but the 1g and 2g cars are POSes to me. They can be fast but they are NOTHING special, I never though I would own a until the EVO and you see a lot of others with c5's and NSX's getting this car. I am sure they did not want the 1g and 2g cars as well. I had a NSX that was 12 years old and loved it, sold it for the EVO. Also just because someone does not work on there car does that make them a dumbass? What if I have the money but not the time because with I do for a living I am good at doing and don't have to change my oil, does that mean I am stupid? Finish school, get a job, and get a life. Also if you are such a pro get a evo and show us what YOU can do. If not SHUT UP you *** clown.

Originally posted by Gunner
Sorry if I can't compare notes. I'm just a 22yr old college senior who has been around performance cars and drag racing longer than the collective lot of you on this board, and it pains me to see what could be well performing cars turned into mundane, docile tree hugging ecoperformancemobiles. When I'm not at school, work or wrenching on the DSM I'm often busy travelling the country where I crew for a professional drag racing team. At that level money is what counts. At this level, more money for less performance sounds pretty ignorant for me. And if $$$ are what impress you guys here, the motor in the race car costs roughly what you would pay for 2 EVO's.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:17 AM

Shiv, I dont understand how you can talk down about DSMs, when that VERY same engineering has been ported directly over to the EVO that you hold so dear (albeit in newer form). What? Do you think that the engine codes are the same by coincidence or something?

I just cant see justifying the cost to performace ratios going on with your system. The only thing that you offer that is superior to standard piggyback + MBC (hell, even EBC) is the timing control, which I think is fine for most people. Reliable horsepower? I dont see how your Xede is any more reliable than a guy using an AFC and a MBC. Stock feeling power delivery? I dont know about you, but Id rather have my car throwing me back in my seat with raw power. Maybe you EVO guys are looking to buy an old ***, smooth riding cadillac or something.

What IS it that makes you product cost so much? Or are you smarter than you sound? I mean, DSM retailers know that their customers will only shell out so much for a $3000 car. I guess you work on the same level as BMW or Mercedes or whatever. You know your customers got the cash, so you might as well be the guy to take it from them, right?

Personally, I think that if the Xede system costed less, and you didnt act like such an *** all the time, you'd probably have a winning system on your hands. But, I dont think either will happen in this millenium.

BTW, how can you possibly talk down about DSMs when you, yourself have sung praises about the very car you claim is a piece of ****????

I believe you wrote the article about Scot Gray's AWD car in SCC sometime in 2000...It was called Double Entendre...Ring a bell?

Thanks for the space.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:20 AM

I have to be honest but the 1g and 2g cars are POSes to me
What is there about 1g's and 2gs that make them a POS? The EVO is not far from those POSes, so consider your own car a POS.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:24 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Funny you call shiv an ***- funny how NONE of the subaru people ever thought that but I guess they are stubid sLoWbaru owners huh? I also think its massively funny you think the xede is overpriced when you yourself think that the 3K dollar DSMs have a limited market Ughh a Laser the smelliest of the DSM pile

Originally posted by Keaka26
Shiv, I dont understand how you can talk down about DSMs, when that VERY same engineering has been ported directly over to the EVO that you hold so dear (albeit in newer form). What? Do you think that the engine codes are the same by coincidence or something?

I just cant see justifying the cost to performace ratios going on with your system. The only thing that you offer that is superior to standard piggyback + MBC (hell, even EBC) is the timing control, which I think is fine for most people. Reliable horsepower? I dont see how your Xede is any more reliable than a guy using an AFC and a MBC. Stock feeling power delivery? I dont know about you, but Id rather have my car throwing me back in my seat with raw power. Maybe you EVO guys are looking to buy an old ***, smooth riding cadillac or something.

What IS it that makes you product cost so much? Or are you smarter than you sound? I mean, DSM retailers know that their customers will only shell out so much for a $3000 car. I guess you work on the same level as BMW or Mercedes or whatever. You know your customers got the cash, so you might as well be the guy to take it from them, right?

Personally, I think that if the Xede system costed less, and you didnt act like such an *** all the time, you'd probably have a winning system on your hands. But, I dont think either will happen in this millenium.

BTW, how can you possibly talk down about DSMs when you, yourself have sung praises about the very car you claim is a piece of ****????

I believe you wrote the article about Scot Gray's AWD car in SCC sometime in 2000...It was called Double Entendre...Ring a bell?

Thanks for the space.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:25 AM

Ryanmcd2 wrote: "Also just because someone does not work on there car does that make them a dumbass? What if I have the money but not the time because with I do for a living I am good at doing and don't have to change my oil, does that mean I am stupid? Finish school, get a job, and get a life. Also if you are such a pro get a evo and show us what YOU can do. If not SHUT UP you *** clown."

If you don't work on your car it does not mean you are a dumbass, it just means that you are ignorant like I said. Therefore, you should listen to the people who have worked with the 4g63 for years and years and value their input. I put on a suit and tie for work and will make a fine salary with my MBA in finance/mgmt and labor relations when all is said and done. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty on the weekends or after work. You could find time to work on the car if you wanted to. I currently go to school full time, AND work full time, so claiming no time is a moot point with me. If I did purchase an EVO it would be a long time before I would do so. I'd let all the sheep herd themselves out of the fray and wait until todays DSM owners had the keys to the evolution in their hands. That would be a bit of a waste though seeing as I already have your motor in my 13yr old pile that is lighter and has more parts available for it. Yes, I think I'll keep that and purchase a nice tow vehicle instead. What a grand idea.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:28 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by Gunner

Yes, I think I'll keep that and purchase a nice tow vehicle instead. What a grand idea.
Is it just etched into DSM owners heads that its OK to have to maintenance as much as you drive??
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:29 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Well, I think this thread is done.