Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fastest 1/4 time or Highest dyno numbers using XEDE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2003, 08:39 AM
In Timeout

Location: My name is Ananda Robinson.Stupid people should be killed. i live in Maryland
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by bigd

It would seem that your intent is not as stated in your original post. Why do you have an interest in the XEDE when you have a well tuned DSM?

Dyno numbers and drag times are so dependent on specific equipment, operators, conditions, etc. Were you looking for someone to boast so that you could shoot them down? Just curious.
Not at all, I would honestly like to know what the fastest times and largest dyno numbers are. As a reference if nothing else.

Dyno numbers and drag times are so dependent on specific equipment, operators, conditions, etc.
Thats my entire point im glad someone gets it
Old Oct 3, 2003, 08:50 AM
MP5
In Timeout

You make great arguements Eric about Vishnu the DSM guys are too but I side with Eric and shiv on this. You DSM guys have been around the block for sure and it might be true that the dsm is a simple hybrid between a import and good ole boy domestics is its go fast approach. There are certainly guys out there that can make cars go fast with tried and true old school minimalist approaches. Shiv is absolutely opposite and is a computer whiz and techo dyno junkie. I feel no need to post his accomplishments in the oem and scca relms here. I have used his wrx approaches and spent tons of time on the phone with him in the past 2.5 years this guy knows what hes doing he always makes power that is absolutely stocklike! thats what a lot of people are looking for in a 30K roadrace car- Sure we can go AL or Buschur and standalone or SAFC our way there on the strip but its the package we are looking for - drivability, safety, power prolly in that order. BTW I have the Buschur exhaust it works it functions perfectly but I grimiced putting it on the new car. Vishnu I would have no problem putting it on my new 911 tt if I had one- Thats the difference DSM is going upscale now and I dont mind paying for it If I was after ETs in am import I woulda gone the same way as old 1st or 2nd gen buschur and FP parts. Please dont take my post as a slight its not the tecno side makes more sense to me its what I know and I like the sideeffects of a slower (maybe) stocklike car from a drivability, quality, and sound standpoint
Old Oct 3, 2003, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Turbo-Weapon

2wd/4wd dyno numbers are the same. Buschur uses the same dyno to dyno tune his 12 flat bolt on evo that he drives to work each morning. Spilling coffee and munching on donuts. He uses this same dyno to tune his 900HP 7 second talon race car.

This discussion is moot because your position is based on personal feelings and opinions, Not facts and data. I have faith in you,I feel you are a lot more hard-core at heart then you think.

Its just a matter of time and exposure. I cant tell you how much money I spent on paper performance and vender sales pitch. To come back full circle to what has been proven to works.
The only thing hard-core is the **** I watch. And no facts or data you much mistaken. Yet again Monday I will post up dyno charts with AF from a AWD dyno.

And no diffrance between AWD and FWD dynoing?? What every your smoking I can sell a ton of it here!!!

Now go on and play with 8 rpm fuel adjustments reading off a slow cheap packet loger and your autometer ETG gauge in hope for a good run down the track with race gas in the tank, with a nice tail wind going down hill!!!
Old Oct 3, 2003, 08:57 AM
MP5
In Timeout

I like this guy!!!
Old Oct 3, 2003, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MP5
You make great arguements Eric about Vishnu the DSM guys are too but I side with Eric and shiv on this. You DSM guys have been around the block for sure and it might be true that the dsm is a simple hybrid between a import and good ole boy domestics is its go fast approach. There are certainly guys out there that can make cars go fast with tried and true old school minimalist approaches. Shiv is absolutely opposite and is a computer whiz and techo dyno junkie. I feel no need to post his accomplishments in the oem and scca relms here. I have used his wrx approaches and spent tons of time on the phone with him in the past 2.5 years this guy knows what hes doing he always makes power that is absolutely stocklike! thats what a lot of people are looking for in a 30K roadrace car- Sure we can go AL or Buschur and standalone or SAFC our way there on the strip but its the package we are looking for - drivability, safety, power prolly in that order. BTW I have the Buschur exhaust it works it functions perfectly but I grimiced putting it on the new car. Vishnu I would have no problem putting it on my new 911 tt if I had one- Thats the difference DSM is going upscale now and I dont mind paying for it If I was after ETs in am import I woulda gone the same way as old 1st or 2nd gen buschur and FP parts. Please dont take my post as a slight its not the tecno side makes more sense to me its what I know and I like the sideeffects of a slower (maybe) stocklike car from a drivability, quality, and sound standpoint
I agree with you! Congrats on your new ride!! Enjoy it!!
Old Oct 3, 2003, 09:02 AM
In Timeout

Location: My name is Ananda Robinson.Stupid people should be killed. i live in Maryland
Originally posted by MP5
he always makes power that is absolutely stocklike!
Im sorry if I am to spend 2800 on a fuel computer and exhaust system. I don't think my car should be anything relative to as you put it stock like. I envision violent and animal like power. this is what can be found using proven tuning and modification methods from other shops.

It has nothing to do with vehicle purchase price. Many hard-core dsm enthusiast have over 10K setups and own other 30-40K cars and trucks. We use these cars as toys. The point is, what you paid for your car means nothing. Its that same motor all the same power production methods apply. shiv is not a 4g63 pioneer nor does he offer revolutionary tuning hardware.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Turbo-Weapon, You are textbook troll. You are doing nothing more with this post than trying to bait anyone with an XEDE into a fight over cost/performance. You DON'T even own an EVO. And yet you want to wage war with Shiv because you have some chip on your shoulder. No one (besides Eric) is replying to your post because they are smart enough not to take your bait. This is very typical of DSM owners. They have a lot of pride in cost/performance and cheap 1/4 mile times and they/you think that is the key element in tuning. Some people, like myself and many other here are not running a cost/performance exercise. We are willing to spend extra money for custom tuning and top quality products that do not require end-user intervention. I find it so childish you have not realized this is a HOBBY and we are using disposable income on a fun endeavor. This is not a 1/4 grudge match club where cheapest 10sec wins. Few here drag race there cars because most of us bought them for there handling not just straight line speed. I don't see you DSM guys in here want to compare lap time at the local track or autox. You only want to talk about 1/4 and dynos and you blame us about "arm chair" racing. You got a good sense of humor. So bugger off and find some 911 turbos or M3s, or what ever cars that would make you feel like a man when you dust off and get the 500lb chip off your shoulder!
Old Oct 3, 2003, 09:10 AM
In Timeout

Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky

Now go on and play with 8 rpm fuel adjustments reading off a slow cheap packet loger and your autometer ETG gauge in hope for a good run down the track with race gas in the tank, with a nice tail wind going down hill!!!
My car makes 400whp on pump gas and runs 117 MPH in the 1/4 mile again on pump.I also run 25 psi of boost eveyday on pump, and my car is wideband tuned. Please dont bring a butter knife to a machine gun battle.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Im sorry if I am to spend 2800 on a fuel computer and exhaust system. I don't think my car should be anything relative to as you put it stock like. I envision violent and animal like power. this is what can be found using proven tuning and modification methods from other shops.

It has nothing to do with vehicle purchase price. Many hard-core dsm enthusiast have over 10K setups and own other 30-40K cars and trucks. We use these cars as toys. The point is, what you paid for your car means nothing. Its that same motor all the same power production methods apply. shiv is not a 4g63 pioneer nor does he offer revolutionary tuning hardware.
That's right cheap toys. Who care if you blow it up!!! I would not. hell the next 3gs I spend will be on a GSX.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

My car makes 400whp on pump gas and runs 117 MPH in the 1/4 mile again on pump.I also run 25 psi of boost eveyday on pump, and my car is wideband tuned. Please dont bring a butter knife to a machine gun battle.
Oh ya Great post some data DUDE. I got to tell you guy your not my bother maybe a retared cousin twice removed. Now go back to the DSM board were you can utilize your 56k connection.

Don't Bring a butter knife to a machine gun battle. YEEE HAA

By the way I like you man!!! Don't take what I say close to hart. But come on why are you so hard up??? If you know anything about EM and tuning cars why would you be saying the Dumbest ****? Just because Shiv does not like DSM cars nor wants to support them with this tuning hardware?

Eric
MP5
In Timeout

Stock like as in M3 911 refinement not camaro like shake and rumble 110 DB sulfur spewing catless gearbox crunching, sound deadening, seats, and carpet removed for that extra 10th redneck pealouts. Thats not the way 99.95 of EVO owners want to do it its fine if the DSMs of the last gen want to and the reason I never got a 1st or 2nd gen is if you want to do it play hardball and get a mustang or camaro you can get 9 second slips for the money of your 11s. What are we arguing about again?? Oh yea its trying to make a camoro out of out 4 bangers just like our past bretheren so we can have pain in the *** high maintenance almost drag cars- wait I thought we had a ferrari beater on the track oh thats right we do
In Timeout

I find it so childish you have not realized this is a HOBBY and we are using disposable income on a fun endeavor.
Good call.

This' is my reason for having my dsm. Its one of my hobbies. Just like paint ball, motorcycles and jet skiing. Something to blow some disposable income on.

Anyone have any XEDE dyno/track times yet
Old Oct 3, 2003, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EVO Rosso
Turbo-Weapon, You are textbook troll. You are doing nothing more with this post than trying to bait anyone with an XEDE into a fight over cost/performance. You DON'T even own an EVO. And yet you want to wage war with Shiv because you have some chip on your shoulder. No one (besides Eric) is replying to your post because they are smart enough not to take your bait. This is very typical of DSM owners. They have a lot of pride in cost/performance and cheap 1/4 mile times and they/you think that is the key element in tuning. Some people, like myself and many other here are not running a cost/performance exercise. We are willing to spend extra money for custom tuning and top quality products that do not require end-user intervention. I find it so childish you have not realized this is a HOBBY and we are using disposable income on a fun endeavor. This is not a 1/4 grudge match club where cheapest 10sec wins. Few here drag race there cars because most of us bought them for there handling not just straight line speed. I don't see you DSM guys in here want to compare lap time at the local track or autox. You only want to talk about 1/4 and dynos and you blame us about "arm chair" racing. You got a good sense of humor. So bugger off and find some 911 turbos or M3s, or what ever cars that would make you feel like a man when you dust off and get the 500lb chip off your shoulder!
WOW now I'm not smart??? You cut me man you cut me real deep!!

No this is fun a waste of band with but fun.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 09:29 AM
In Timeout

Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky

Oh ya Great post some data DUDE. I got to tell you guy your not my bother maybe a retared cousin twice removed. Now go back to the DSM board were you can utilize your 56k connection.

Don't Bring a butter knife to a machine gun battle. YEEE HAA

By the way I like you man!!! Don't take what I say close to hart. But come on why are you so hard up??? If you know anything about EM and tuning cars why would you be saying the Dumbest ****? Just because Shiv does not like DSM cars nor wants to support them with this tuning hardware?

Eric
Facts often seem laughable and even unrealistic to the ignorant and misinformed. Every EVO owner does not live in the same Vishnu fan i want a stock car bubble as you appear to. Im sorry if you cant accept the facts.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

2wd/4wd dyno numbers are the same.
The only thing same about 2wd and 4wd dynojet numbers is that they are both printed on white paper. Any dyno which spits out the same numbers in 2wd and 4wd configuration should be closed down for servicing because those extra wheels, rotors, driveshaft, etc,. take quite a bit of power to spin

On a serious note, before we got our AWD dyno, I used to test/tune our Subaru kits on a local 2wd Dynojet (The Dyno Room in Santa Clara CA). With the WRX converted to FWD (by using a modified differential), our original Stage 1 kit (up-pipe, exhaust, pulley and unichip) used to put down a repeatable 255-265WHP on 91 octane.

But on the AWD dynojets at Pruven and BMTranny, they put down 235-240WHP. And that's on 93 octane.

On or Dyno Dynamics AWD Dyno, FWIW, they put down 210-215whp. That's on 91 otane, of course.

Moral of the story: Dyno numbers are just that. Dyno numbers.

Cheers,
shiv

PS. The XEDE software, while perhaps not "revolutionary", is quite nice. You can download it at:

http://www.xede.com.au/Files/XMap%20...20Beta%202.zip

Quick Reply: Fastest 1/4 time or Highest dyno numbers using XEDE