Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fastest 1/4 time or Highest dyno numbers using XEDE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ShapeGSX
Ummm, 2WD vs AWD won't make up for a 70hp deficit.
Never said it would ? I was just stating you can't compare dyno numbers. Only way to truly compare is in a 1/4 mile run, but 292hp on AWD is pretty fast .
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by kdogg

Never said it would ? I was just stating you can't compare dyno numbers. Only way to truly compare is in a 1/4 mile run, but 292hp on AWD is pretty fast .
Ya but that's up to the driver really. I'm sure Dave would be able to out drive me in 1/4 because he has bin doing it for years.

Eric
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Come on dude I know you know this. You have bin around a long time. And you have to agree 292hp at 10.7 to 1 on a AWD dyno jet with a cat back and xede is very good.
For what it cost you, you could have done a whole lot better. A boost controller ($50), AFC($300 used, I know where to get one with a field harness for that price ), turbo back ($750), and IC piping (includes a 1G DSM BOV for $330) wouldn't have cost that much. And you would be way ahead of where you are right now.

So yeah, maybe you are happy with what you have, but I'm never going to consider what you got for $1500 to be a good deal. Sorry.

Oh, and deleting the A/C is not worth 15hp. No freaking way. The A/C clutch is disengaged when A/C is off, so all you are doing is spinning a pulley.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky

Ya but that's up to the driver really. I'm sure Dave would be able to out drive me in 1/4 because he has bin doing it for years.
Naah. Dave sucks at driving a manual transmission car at the drag strip. Even he will tell you that.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

For what it cost you, you could have done a whole lot better. A boost controller ($50), AFC($300 used, I know where to get one with a field harness for that price ), turbo back ($750), and IC piping (includes a 1G DSM BOV for $330) wouldn't have cost that much. And you would be way ahead of where you are right now.

So yeah, maybe you are happy with what you have, but I'm never going to consider what you got for $1500 to be a good deal. Sorry.

Oh, and deleting the A/C is not worth 15hp. No freaking way. The A/C clutch is disengaged when A/C is off, so all you are doing is spinning a pulley.
Even with all those mods there is no way I would make that power at my rich A/F. and Also it will take less then 10 min to pull out xede for dealer servicing instead of pulling out all that stuff listed above will take me a full day.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Naah. Dave sucks at driving a manual transmission car at the drag strip. Even he will tell you that.
Put it this way I don't even know how to stage
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

This discussion just illustrates how blind and stubborn you have to be in order to be a Vishnu customer. I doubt Eric has ever heard of Curt Brown or John Shepard, but even if they were telling him how ****ty of a deal all this Xede stuff is he still wouldn't listen.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Even with all those mods there is no way I would make that power at my rich A/F. and Also it will take less then 10 min to pull out xede for dealer servicing instead of pulling out all that stuff listed above will take me a full day.
You would definitely make more power than you have right now with all of those mods. What is so magic about the XEDE that makes you think it would do so much better than an AFC and a boost controller? Tune your own car, and you will end up with a faster car.

On top of this, by optimizing your exhaust and intake tract, you increase the efficiency of your entire system. So you could probably run more boost without getting detonation.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by clappton
This discussion just illustrates how blind and stubborn you have to be in order to be a Vishnu customer. I doubt Eric has ever heard of Curt Brown or John Shepard, but even if they were telling him how ****ty of a deal all this Xede stuff is he still wouldn't listen.
John Shepard full uni-body DSM runing 8s know right? I think last weekend he made the record pass yes pa? Dude do you think I'm stupied?? Be honest??

I have used both and Xede is very nice and worth my 895 bucks. All in one unit with great software for tuning. I'm a happy camper
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

You would definitely make more power than you have right now with all of those mods. What is so magic about the XEDE that makes you think it would do so much better than an AFC and a boost controller? Tune your own car, and you will end up with a faster car.

On top of this, by optimizing your exhaust and intake tract, you increase the efficiency of your entire system. So you could probably run more boost without getting detonation.
Ing control. I'm Sold you can make more power with richer A/F and cool exhaust temps and the xede never skips a beet. I'm runing 21.33 psi of boost at this point I'm out of turbo and octain limited.

Eric

Last edited by Eric Lyublinsky; Oct 7, 2003 at 11:08 AM.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

With all the mods I listed, you would make more power for every pound of boost you run.

And yeah, you would give up ignition control. For the bolt-on level, ignition control isn't all that important.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

With all the mods I listed, you would make more power for every pound of boost you run.

And yeah, you would give up ignition control. For the bolt-on level, ignition control isn't all that important.
Oh ya why?? 292 with a cat back and xede Two parts that's all.

You really don't have a understanding of Ing advance and why it's so important for safty, driviablity, and constant power.

But hey too schools of thoughts. OLD SCHOOL and New School.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:17 AM
In Timeout

There is no reason to bust this guys *****. If he spends 3,000 and gets 3HP guess what? It's his ****ing money and his car. Get a EVO then do the mods you think are right and blow him away. I don't think he gives a **** what you think and I don't either. Stop bashing him for being happy, you bunch of bitter *******s
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Ryanmcd2
There is no reason to bust this guys *****. If he spends 3,000 and gets 3HP guess what? It's his ****ing money and his car. Get a EVO then do the mods you think are right and blow him away. I don't think he gives a **** what you think and I don't either. Stop bashing him for being happy, you bunch of bitter *******s
They just have somthing against Shiv. Why I would never know maybe a outside influence that is pushing them to bad month Vishnu.

Come on guys the numbers are in front of you the facts are there. You have to admit it's pretty darn good.

NO hating here!! And I have learned alot from the DSM guys over the years.

I respect AMS. PRUVEN, Buscher and Mark from BM tranny.

My Best

Eric
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Oh ya why?? 292 with a cat back and xede Two parts that's all.

You really don't have a understanding of Ing advance and why it's so important for safty, driviablity, and constant power.

But hey too schools of thoughts. OLD SCHOOL and New School.
Actually, I have complete control over my timing advance and air to fuel ratio. I tuned my own car using dsmlink. I'm the one that made it run a 12.21@113.5mph in the 1/4 with a 7cm Evo III 16G the first time I raced with the turbo. I built the engine in my car, too. http://www.geocities.com/shaperebuild/ That is my engine, my car, my (old) garage. I installed a new clutch and flywheel 3 weeks ago.

If old-school means tuning and building your own car, and new-school means dropping $1500 on a piggyback computer and cat-back and letting someone else tune it for you, then I'll gladly call myself "old-school." Of course, I also know how to spell without relying on phonics.

What have you studied and tuned to make yourself an expert? What does your timing advance curve look like?

Like I said before, you may be happy with what you got for $1500. I'm just saying that you could have gotten so much more for the money, and ended up with a lot more power.

Quick Reply: Fastest 1/4 time or Highest dyno numbers using XEDE