Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fastest 1/4 time or Highest dyno numbers using XEDE

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2003, 12:05 PM
In Timeout

Location: My name is Ananda Robinson.Stupid people should be killed. i live in Maryland
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe on of the XEDE users can chime in and share their dyno numbers and or 1/4 mile times using the Vishnu tuning XEDE. A complete mod list would be helpful as well.

This product appears to be very similar to the DSM-Link used by many 2nd gen DSM owners. It appears to offer better resolution then the S-AFC and offers many additional features then the S-AFC. Such as timing control, data logging...ect

If at all possible, if you have not had you're vehicle dynoed or made any 1/4 mile passes. Please refrain from posting results such as personal driving impressions and seat of pants feel. These results are very subjective and not very definable or accurate.

Thanks for the space.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 02:33 PM

Re: Fastest 1/4 time or Highest dyno numbers using XEDE

Originally posted by Turbo-Weapon
This product appears to be very similar to the DSM-Link used by many 2nd gen DSM owners. It appears to offer better resolution then the S-AFC and offers many additional features then the S-AFC. Such as timing control, data logging...ect
Please don't soil the name of ECM Tuning and DSMLink like that. XEDE is nothing like DSMLink. XEDE is a piggyback while DSMLink uses all the factory ignition, fuel, and timing maps without having to hack up the airflow signal and change timing maps. Nothing is hidden from the ecu with DSMLink. It also has about 10 times the features of the XEDE and it costs less, so I really don't see how it's in any way similar.

If anything, it's more like an AFC with an ITC.

Oh and DSMLink requires no tuning to get the car running either. Because it's still the factory ECU. It also correctly compensates for larger injectors by allowing changes in dead time and global fuel which allows us to do crazy things like get 850 cc injectors to idle like stock, and still allow the MAF to see every molecule of air that it's supposed to see.

Last edited by rarson; Sep 25, 2003 at 02:36 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not familar with the DSMLink, but my immediate question would be why is this product not offered to Evo owners? Like I said, I do not know anything about it, but if it is so good I would expect some intrest might be shown from the Evo crowd. I already know that the Xede is a good piece but I would be willing to hear what the DSMLink is all about.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 03:00 PM

DSMLink was the product of years of work done by Dave Mertz and Tom Dorris picking apart the ecu code by themselves and engineering a way to modify it. There are two immediate reasons why this is not offered for the EVO (yet):
1. It took years. If EVOLink, or whatever you want to call it, ever comes out, it will be in a few years. Two guys using their brains can only do so much in their spare time, and they are still working on DSMLink, making it better and adding new features all the time.
2. DSMLink relies on the car having an EPROM ecu. These were only offered in early '95 DSMs, but luckily these ECUs can be found and installed in later DSMs. But, this obviously means that EVOLink's existance would hing on the availability of an EPROM ecu for the EVO. I have no idea whether or not the EVO has an EPROM ecu, so I don't know if it will ever happen. But I think that Tom and Dave would be willing to work on it if it were possible (HOWEVER, I'M NOT TOM OR DAVE SO DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!). If you're interested in learning more about DSMLink and it's huge list of features, check out www.dsmlink.com.

So basically, it could come eventually, but it's not even realistic to assume so at this point.

Now back to the topic at hand, I'm also interested in hearing from XEDE users on 1/4 mile times and horsepower numbers! Sorry for so blatantly hogging your thread, Turbo-Weapon.

Last edited by rarson; Sep 25, 2003 at 03:02 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 03:07 PM
In Timeout

Location: My name is Ananda Robinson.Stupid people should be killed. i live in Maryland
You can check it out here. Give it time,Im confident that a version of the dsm link and many other proven tuning devises used in the dsm community will be offered for EVO application very soon.

Those who have proven successful in the dsm community tend to test and test and test products to make sure they work before they are offered as a new product.

There will be a **** load of awesome products for the EVO from dsm shops in the very near future, Its the next logical step.

Take Mr. Buschur for example. He goes out and test builds and refines products then offers them to the community with hard numbers to back up his claims. He Operates from a no bull**** position. If it does not make power he does not sell it.

This is why he currently has the fastest pump gas daily driven EVO 8 in existence.

Experience over hype.

Last edited by Turbo-Weapon; Sep 25, 2003 at 03:19 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 03:10 PM
In Timeout

Originally posted by rarson

Now back to the topic at hand, I'm also interested in hearing from XEDE users on 1/4 mile times and horsepower numbers! Sorry for so blatantly hogging your thread, Turbo-Weapon.
No problem bro, you beat me to posting the link you bastard.

EDIT you read way to much into my first post.

Last edited by Turbo-Weapon; Sep 25, 2003 at 04:27 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 03:12 PM
Hal

Just to chime in on DSMlink.

It is SO good that someone figured out how to install a 2g ECU into a 1g DSM.

The data available for logging (including things like individual cyl knock data) is light years beyond ANY "piggy back".

You don't need a laptop either, there is a FULLY functional Palm based client for it (available at no charge).

Hal
Old Sep 25, 2003, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by Turbo-Weapon
There will be a **** load of awesome products for the EVO from dsm shops in the very near future.
I would like to point out the key words in this statement:
awesome
dsm
Old Sep 25, 2003, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yet we STILL wait ,any one BUY the XEDE
Old Sep 25, 2003, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by Hal
You don't need a laptop either, there is a FULLY functional Palm based client for it (available at no charge).
Yeah, thanks to you, Hal. Jeez, take some credit.

I have a question about the XEDE, I mean so many people are buying these and having Shiv tune them. What's the point in having that ability if you can't even do it yourself?

At this point I'd like to hear ANYTHING from XEDE users.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

bump!
Old Sep 25, 2003, 03:37 PM
In Timeout

rarson:

I agree with you 100%. However threads that contain post from many of those who have already made comments tend to follow a particular trend.

Lets try not to get this thing locked down. We have already heard the selling points from the person responsible for the XEDE's development.

I have personally seen many threads about this unit. I have even seen that Vishnu offers custom tuning dyno events across the country. Maybe some of those that participated in those events can post there results in this thread.

I am very interested, in the finding from those who have dynoed this product. It appears to have many advanced features, that put it far ahead of much simpler piggy back fuel management systems such as the apex-i S-AFCII for example.

Thanks for the space.

Last edited by Turbo-Weapon; Sep 25, 2003 at 03:47 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

I have the XEDE, but have not had it on another dyno besides Vishnu's. I made about the same as a stock STi on their dyno, with the original stage 0 (catback and XEDE with only fuel and timing control). I know no one cares, but I could definately feel a differance in power, especially up-top past 5K RPM.
Also the reason i didn't get an AFC is because i wanted control of timing, and in the future boost. Having control of both fuel and timing when tweeking boost, i always believed would be beneficial in the long run for the car. In addition, i am close to their shop, so they custom tuned my car for me.

Maybe one day i will take my car to another dyno, when i do, i will post my numbers. Also, have not run 1/4 mile yet.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 04:23 PM

Personally I'd like to see some non-moon dyno numbers and some track times, but it seems like most of the people that buy these aren't interested in real-world performance increases. Which is fine as long as they're happy, but I think more people would buy it if there were some quantifiable results available.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Hi

2 months ago, I ran the xede wif

1. HKS RS Kit
2. HKS Turbo-back exhaust
3. HKS EVC V BC @ 21psi

60' @ 1.8
1/4 @ 12.96

DynoJet: 285 whp

Hope this helps a little