Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rain Damage :(

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2009, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I NEVER drive hard in the rain, even with my Z1's. It's not worth it. My wet driving skills are nowhere near good.

The pictures are mad small, but it looks like the camber has been pushed WAY positive. Could just be the camera lens, or lens distortion, no clue. Other than that, just look for bent/broken suspension components, obviously a new wheel. And definatly, get an alignment
Old Apr 4, 2009, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

It all depends on how the slide started whether or not he should have lifted or fed it more gas.

If the slide started due to the rear LSD doing it's job and making the rear step out at WOT, obviouly, you want to lift. If the slide started as an understeer, you want to lift slightly, enough for the nose to tuck in, but not enough the unsettle the car so much it drifts. Fun to do on purpose (same with hard braking at turn in), but deadly if you're not expecting it.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You want to know what really happened? Bad driving skills + rain + Evo = wrecked Evo. Before you experiment with trying to be a Tokyo drift master in the rain, please practice in an off road closed environment.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 02:38 PM

that sucks!!! acd mode really does make a difference take the evo on the dirt WOT in a straight line and it will want to squirm around...change it to gravel and you could go no hands and it will stay smooth and straight, same applies in the turns and rain.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...everybody.html
Old Apr 4, 2009, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

What is with the general attitude of the community? You all are so ridiculously negative. After the first guy said the ACD wasnt the cause and poor driving was, leave it alone. 95% dont know how to drive your cars any better so lets not go nuts condemning this guy and his friend. There are way to many high strung people on here... its a forum for christ's sake... intended to HELP other people with their problems...

Smile more
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Protostar1
What is with the general attitude of the community? You all are so ridiculously negative. After the first guy said the ACD wasnt the cause and poor driving was, leave it alone. 95% dont know how to drive your cars any better so lets not go nuts condemning this guy and his friend. There are way to many high strung people on here... its a forum for christ's sake... intended to HELP other people with their problems...

Smile more
Thanks! Couldnt have said it better myself!
Old Apr 5, 2009, 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My guess is your buddy bent the trailing arm. Just take a peak for bent parts on the assembly and replace as needed.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Protostar1
Smile more
Good point man. I do get pretty disapointed when people make a question a base for jokes and insults. My bad, did not think about it.

But, as I said before, just start tearing it down. The damage should be obvious to anyone with the slightest bit of mechanical skills.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

I just showed those pics to my father, whom owns a collision repair facility here in Austin. He said the first and most common thing to make that happen is a bent lower control arm. Next would be the suspension cross member. Then, last but not limited to, the knuckle that the wheel bolts to. Hopefully I have redeemed myself and thats some help to you. heh.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the hub and spindle parallel? Cuz honestly everything else looks "normal"

Last edited by LancerEVA06; Apr 5, 2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn he just got ****ed!
Old Apr 5, 2009, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Old Apr 6, 2009, 05:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sievers
I just showed those pics to my father, whom owns a collision repair facility here in Austin. He said the first and most common thing to make that happen is a bent lower control arm. Next would be the suspension cross member. Then, last but not limited to, the knuckle that the wheel bolts to. Hopefully I have redeemed myself and thats some help to you. heh.
Appreciate it! thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

ouch... 7amdellah 3al salama.. what u going to do ?

Quick Reply: Rain Damage :(