Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

what complaiants do u evo owners have? about ur car

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2003, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock clutch wore out at 5k
get lots of attention

it's so hard not wanting to mod it
Old Sep 26, 2003, 04:10 PM

my gripe with the EVO is that the gauges suck. They're too dim, doesn't have an oil level guage, has that ugly "Lancer" label...

I want the RalliArt one (http://www.z1auto.com/10.02/Mitsu/in.../RAGauges.html)... but it's so damn expensive!
Old Dec 13, 2003, 09:32 PM

from what i heard, theres major problems with rust, gauges, and clutch...hmm...why would you wanna spend that much money to replace thinsg on a new car? , but a person who loves lancers will always love lancers....,but......

DEATH TO THE STI!!
Old Dec 13, 2003, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

The problems aren't major. Okay the rust was a little weird but people panicked. The gauges, you can just wish they were better, but it's not that hard to get over. The clutch, can't stand much ABUSE but for every so many people that are having a clutch problem, there are many more who aren't.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

the worst thing about an evo is the hate stare you get from the camero drivers that you just destroyed... my evo four Z28s zero and counting. One camero kill was with a girl drivning my car (actually she is a long haul trucker and can flat jam).
Old Dec 13, 2003, 09:50 PM

hard to see behind when switchin lanes my only gripe. i only 18, so what do i know?
Old Dec 13, 2003, 09:57 PM

i see, so rust is easy to get over and the gauges, but the clutch is the only problem? .......
Old Dec 13, 2003, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by WildRice
the worst thing about an evo is the hate stare you get from the camero drivers that you just destroyed... my evo four Z28s zero and counting. One camero kill was with a girl drivning my car (actually she is a long haul trucker and can flat jam).
made you hard when she won the race in your car didn't it?
Old Dec 14, 2003, 02:10 PM

pros- the car loves to be driven hard! puts a grin to your face!

cons- after some hard driven, going to the gas station, takes away the grin.

and repeat...
Old Dec 14, 2003, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

ehh, only thing i can complain about is the clutch really,.. i think mine is starting to slip now at 15k.. pretty good run compared to some others.. and i know i definately beat on this car pretty good BUT.. wish they would have put a stronger clutch.. ahh well...just an excuse to upgrade..
Old Dec 14, 2003, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had problems with the brakes on mine, nothing serious, just an annoyance really. Clutch is fine though, 14k miles and counting. I don't track my car, just the occassional pedal to the floor fun between lights and on the freeway. Fit and finish are fine, who the hell needs leather in an EVO?

Turbo spooling, motor growling, with my back glued to the seat, oh yeah, it's worth it. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Complaints?

Yeah, I have a big one.....Other friggin drivers.

Namely the one who decided to pass me and the 2 semi trucks on Interstate 10. I was driving behind to 18 wheelers who were blocking both lanes of traffic and this asshat in a Dodge Dakota with a trailer on the back decided that he needed to pass us all using the break-down lane. Rocks flew everywhere, paint chips all over the front of my car ensued. My insurance company was notified, my car will be getting repainted in the near future. I can't beleive that I owned the car for just under 4 months and I already have to repaint the damn thing. Oh well, it would have chipped the paint no matter how thick the clear coat was, so don't think I am busting on the weak paint that Mitsu uses. This is a car that can run right up there with cars with exotic names and cost in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, and we got it all for $30,000. I am tickeled to death with my car, waited over a decade to see it finally hit the US showrooms. It was worth the wait. During that waiting period, I had the fortune of owning 2 1st generation Eclipse GSX's that really introduced me to the whole "4-cylinder/turbo/all-wheel-drive/fun-as-****" thing.

My clutch is fine now with 12,800 miles and I have never launched the car. I always rev match when shifting, always use engine braking while slowing, never missed a gear when shifting. I love this car.

I want to really start the modification process, but I am having way too much fun with it as it is.
Old Dec 16, 2003, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

My complaint?
-its WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to easy to speed in this baby...hehe
-Kinda bumpy but I really don't gib a crap bout that since I was expecting a lil bumpiness...for the love of god this is a rally car...u dont expect a smooth ride like lexus or whatever ya?
-Only comes in manual (sucks for all ppl who doesnt like manuals) but I LOVE MANUALS
-Attracts soo much unwanted attention...like everywhere i go i see heads turning towards my car...gets me paranoid...cuz of that i can't drive to places like LA or something where car can be jacked
-Everytime i see heatwaves coming up out of the vents on the hood I always found myself goin for the IC button...(is the car overheatin or what)
-IC is not on by default (but doesn't really matter...only a button away to turn that baby on to auto)
-Car eats up some gas (18mpg on city)...but its worth it though..come on turbos eat a lot of gas anyway

Pros?
jeez...so much to list...light as hell...awesome acceleration...sexy engine sound...list goes on and on...

rocks hard now

GO MITSUBISHI

Last edited by TwoMix9900; Dec 16, 2003 at 03:31 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2003, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by TwoMix9900

-Everytime i see heatwaves coming up out of the vents on the hood I always found myself goin for the IC button...(is the car overheatin or what)
Totally natural on this car. THe IC sprayer won't make it go away, either. If it freaks you out, just think about how envious the guy with the Honda with a hood vent is because your vent is functional. The motor on these cars gets HOT, and the vent will help dissapate that heat. The IC sprayer is only there to prevent heat soaking of the intercooler, and has nothing to do with the overall engine temperature.

I can't agree with you more about these cars being too damn easy to speed in. I REALLY want cruise control for that sole reason. Perhaps I should put in some sort of rev limiter that keeps the car under 3000 RPMs at all times............NO WAY!
Old Dec 16, 2003, 03:57 PM

Ha, my only complaint is that other people hate my evo for some reason...
some dude drove me off the road... now the body of my cars F'e up
My Clutch isn't slipping... then again i only have 4,800 miles... AHa

Seriously though, no complaints other than other people beating on my car and running.

BTW, going 60 in this car feels like going 40 in anothers...
Its crazy
(i got a ticket last month cause of a stupid mistake like that)

Last edited by Hien; Dec 16, 2003 at 03:59 PM.