Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I hate my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my fourth modded car now. Was able to let go of the others with little to no regrets.

This is the worst for me personally. How do you replace it? With what?
Old May 16, 2009, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by revvin9k
On my fourth modded car now. Was able to let go of the others with little to no regrets.

This is the worst for me personally. How do you replace it? With what?
i feel you on that, where do you go from this point? anything else for me is a downgrade
Old May 16, 2009, 12:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lots of fun, let me tell you. Re wired, re soldered, heat shrink, and then taped in the are the size of a shoe box to work in. The car is parasitic, I can't seem to get tid of her. Never been like this with a car before. Love/Hate.
wow how the hell did that happen man? Ive owned a dsm prior to my evo, so I cant say the evo is that bad

Last edited by tscompusa2; May 16, 2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old May 16, 2009, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

That maybe it for me.

I hate myself for getting in this car in the first place. Had I not, and stuck with my S2K, I would have been much more open to other cars on the market now.

I've brainwashed my self to believe if it's not turbo and AWD, it's not worth it to me.
Old May 17, 2009, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've brainwashed my self to believe if it's not turbo and AWD, it's not worth it to me.
You have brainwashed yourself correctly.
Seriously though, how did those terminals get corroded like that? Those were inside the cabin of the car right? My DSM is 20 years old and I don't see any corrosion like that on the connectors. The connector problem I had was due to some monkey getting into them with a needlenose or something and messing them up. My solution was a massive wiring project to replace the connectors to the ecu, and I relocated the ecu while I was at it.
Heat shrink tubing
Electrical tape

Gary
Old May 17, 2009, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Talonboost
You have brainwashed yourself correctly.
Seriously though, how did those terminals get corroded like that? Those were inside the cabin of the car right? My DSM is 20 years old and I don't see any corrosion like that on the connectors. The connector problem I had was due to some monkey getting into them with a needlenose or something and messing them up. My solution was a massive wiring project to replace the connectors to the ecu, and I relocated the ecu while I was at it.
Heat shrink tubing
Electrical tape

Gary

There is a harness that runs in the drivers side wheel arch area. It travels from there to inside the cabin, down the harness, into the connector.
Old May 17, 2009, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

There is a harness that runs in the drivers side wheel arch area. It travels from there to inside the cabin, down the harness, into the connector.
Oh ...ouch, if they still use salt on the roads there in winter it could be pretty salty water sometimes dripping down that wire. Dang.

Gary
Old May 17, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by guapoholic
No I really love it but... Have any of you ever woke up and said to yourself.. man I'd rather be driving my moms Geo instead of my Evo today"? I have lately... All of our Evos has been plagued by an unforeseen mechanical/electrical problem at some point. Some of them are cheap and easy to repair, some are expensive and unexpected, etc etc. Some of us can afford to get them fixed right away.. and some of us are under warranty... I'm neither.

Right now I need a clutch and I'd rather (insert sarcasm here) stand outside in the bone chilling below zero weather of Boston for the bus than drive my Evo. I'm a bit tight on cash at the moment so I've been putting it aside for a couple of weeks now and will be doing so for at least a couple more. Just thought it would be nice to hear someone of you guys pain so it could ease mine a bit
I understand. Once you get your clutch in you'll love the beast again. Sure it can be a little biatch sometimes but hey its the nature of the beast.
Old May 18, 2009, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Fast, Cheap, Reliable
Fast + Cheap = won't be reliable
Cheap + Reliable = won't be fast
Reliable + Fast = Won't be cheap

If you REALLY live your automotive lives according to this credo then it all makes sense.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 03:57 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
its a big domino effect, if you change something you have to change something else, then that something else makes you change something else, infinity.

the good part is all those something else parts add power, at the end you wind up with a full blown racecar with over 700whp++.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

I've been having a whole lot of electrical problems from headlights, stop lamp switch, windows..... Thats pretty much it; I beat the crap out of it everyday
Old Jun 28, 2009, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

I've probally had one of the tougher first 2 months of ownership than most. Have maby 400 miles max on the car since the t case made noises when I got home from the dealer and then other problems began.... HOPEFULLY after a month being outta commission this wed we'll get the t case in it and see if my transmission is now completely F'd or if the new t case fixes it.
I have thought about selling it multiple times before and during it being under the knife, however If i was to sell it i'd same day go and buy a brand new murdered out evo x.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

try building a complete race engine from bottom to top spending thousands of dollars and doing something stupid as hell yourself like ummmm not putting tranny fluid in my car.. ya i did that. blowing the motor to pieces and the transmission... that was an expensive mess up.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

^ Wow....., At least it was your fault, thats another reason why nobody drive or rides my stuff, I can live with something breaking with me in it, not some one else!
Old Jun 28, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

took approx. 2 months to get my tcase and tranny back from shep. I have never driven my car since purchasing it. I'm crazy.

Quick Reply: I hate my Evo...