Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I hate my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I am thankful that my evo is still running and has no problems right now. But payments are killing me at the moment. I was not hurting on payments before but after a 15% pay cut from where I work, I am starting to feel the pain. So goodluck with that clutch man. I hope my pain ease your pain.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

I drive my GEO, 6 days out of the week. But hey! Atleast I dont get tickets when I speed!!!!!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:49 PM

I know the horrible feeling for a clutch to go unexpectedly. I burned through the crappy stock clutch just 2 weeks after buying the car. 2 weeks!! Luckily I had the money to get it fixed in a timely manor but thats after it leaving me stranded and having to get it flat beded to a shop.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by coryco19
I know the horrible feeling for a clutch to go unexpectedly. I burned through the crappy stock clutch just 2 weeks after buying the car. 2 weeks!! Luckily I had the money to get it fixed in a timely manor but thats after it leaving me stranded and having to get it flat beded to a shop.
But threw in all ACT stuff and it hasn't given me any problems since
Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get a beater.... that will solve most of the problem
Old Apr 7, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by coryco19
wow what in the world did you do to that car are you sure it wasnt beaten on before you got it?
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Man, I love my evo, even when it is down for repairs or upgrades. It cost an arm and leg but it's part of having a nicer car. I have a DD 04 F-350 crew cab long bed dually and I love it more sometimes. Smokin civics and such. I've modded the crap out of that truck though.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
sounds like a lot of you need some money management skills or should have considered this before modding/buying the evo
I can afford to keep my car but times are tough right now and I'm sure I'm not only speaking for my self when I say that. Money management has nothing to do with it, at least not in my case. This just hit me at a bad time just like it could've happened to anyone with other prior obligations. Thanks for the advice though Dr. Phil.

Originally Posted by MrBonus
I'll never understand this mentality. Why would you strap yourself to a car payment you knowingly cannot afford?
What's your definition of not being able to afford something? I may not be able to mod my car like I want to and not immediately fix a mechanical issue right away when it occurs, but I think I'm doing pretty dam fine considering my age. I also have a child and making plans to move out my parent's while going to school and I'm 20.

I coulda bought a Honda.. but I got an Evo instead and I'm happy with it and I don't work 70+ hrs a week just to put gas in it. I may never be able to afford one after my life gets established and I have a big family and own a house but I own one now and I think that's an accomplishment no matter how you wanna look at it.

Last edited by guapoholic; Apr 7, 2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by EvolNinja
Get a beater.... that will solve most of the problem
+1

It's sooo much nicer driving some crap car you don't care about when you need to, then getting a nice vacation from life driving in your Evo.

Do anything with a 4+ year old exhaust component, and after hours of PB blaster and rust in your eye, tell me you don't want to wrench on anything ever again, and i'll say "been there" lol
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kdash106
i only hate it at night.... i can't stay out too late cause if i see one cop on my way home, i will get a ticket...good thing my girl has a car so she can drive me home at night. lol
I know man, they are bad out in CO.. Radar helps
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear bout that man... i would recommend a beater as well..
i live in Tx.. so you can probably guess what my beater is

04 Yama R6
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:31 AM

yea i deff agree that one should get an evo only if one can afford to pay for it and maintain it... but ofcourse we all think of all that after something bad happens. at the end of the day i think is more than worth it.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 11:54 AM

I know how you feel. My clutch just started to slip and it's my only car to get to work (bus doesn't go out to where I am). Now it's more money out of my pocket out of nowhere just after I got some summer tires. But I knew this was coming, I've got just under 34K miles.

Good thing for credit cards. Especially when the financial system goes down and there is no credit...fight club lol
Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:03 PM

Boost gets you laid. plain and simple.

Modifying a car like an evo is an addiction and can even be an obsession. Its like a drug, and look where drug addicts end up.......on the streets broke as ****.

However, if we didnt spend money on modding these cars, we'd probly spend it on something else to satisfy our desires.

You live once, my philosophy is do watevr the **** makes you happy.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MissionSk8r21
Boost gets you laid. plain and simple.

Modifying a car like an evo is an addiction and can even be an obsession. Its like a drug, and look where drug addicts end up.......on the streets broke as ****.

However, if we didnt spend money on modding these cars, we'd probly spend it on something else to satisfy our desires.

You live once, my philosophy is do watevr the **** makes you happy.
i have yet to see a girl (or guy....whatever your into) go omg your car has boost, F*CK ME NOW!!!!
so your statement is not even close to true

i hate my evo too

Quick Reply: I hate my Evo...