Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I hate my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
i have yet to see a girl (or guy....whatever your into) go omg your car has boost, F*CK ME NOW!!!!
so your statement is not even close to true

i hate my evo too
then u my friend dont live in chicago.

besides that, it was a joke. Go have a drink, and sell your car if you dont like it.

Last edited by MissionSk8r21; Apr 8, 2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ill be old enough next week
Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:25 PM

In my opinion, my evo sucks when it comes to DD. My daily driver is a stock automatic honda civic. Just brake and gas in traffic. great gas mileage and drives comfortably. The evo is more of a weekend and joy ride car. If anything breaks at least i have the civic for transportation.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:38 PM

Is it just me or is everyone experiencing some sorta bad luck w/ evos overall? I bought mine just recently for a good price (used) and hearing these comments concern me a bit. But anyways, I used to own a car that was a "money pit" as well so I guess this shouldn't be a big concern as I would've imagined.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

hehe, I bought my Evo w/ 55k miles... GT30R kit went on at 60k miles. Motor blew up at 69k miles. **** happens. You rebuild and move on. After the motor is fixed, my tranny will probally blow. It's just how things are. We all bought an Evo knowing it would be a pain in the ***.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by guapoholic
I was being sarcastic when I said I hated my Evo in case the next poster decides to make that their opening/closing statement. But yeah not having enough money blows fasho btw you don't actually own a FQ-400 do you...

LOL, what if I said I did?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i love my evo except for stupied rattling comeing from downpipe i checked it out about 20 times still cant figure it out
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by injentech42
i love my evo except for stupied rattling comeing from downpipe i checked it out about 20 times still cant figure it out
Are you running a 3" downpipe? Did you put washers on your lower tie bar? Your downpipe is most likely rattling against that if you didn't put the washers.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:38 PM

a beater..... my future EVO is going to be a beater. I have had enough cheap beaters in my live and now I'm ready for something to improve my abilities on track. No mods or anything, just stock 200 awhp car ready for to be abused. i'm between subie and evo, and evo's seem to be more reliable, that's why I'm here. Any garage queen nor crazy mods to hit .25mile every weekend, I'm more about good driving than showups, just simple, small, "light" car to have fun with. Wasn't an EVO built for that? Correct me please if I'm wrong.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:58 PM

hell yeah dude i feel that way to but when that boost kicks in everything is better gotta love boost
Old Apr 8, 2009, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Love the car now, won't when I need the spend the money for brakes and rotors soon...and then a clutch I'm sure. I tried the two car thing and it sucked ***. Double the oil changes and little tiny maintenance crapm double insurance, and the nice car is in the garage while the DD is outside. I remember always being pissed on the way to work driving in my car that was near zero inside and having a car in the garage that was probably ~40 that I wouldn't drive until it was perfect out. It's a big difference. Same thing with the summer.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Well, I dont have my Evo yet. But, thats why Im keeping my 90' Accord 4dr. So, if I dont want to drive the Evo I can drive that. Its got a few things done to it, and the fact I only paid 1200 for it and dumped about 1k into it to get it where I want it mechanical and drivability wise, I cant complain.
Hope everything works out for ya, though. Its tough being tight on money. Wait until you buya house!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

All cars, will run forever if you take care of it. 'Nuff said. =P
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by injentech42
Most likely your downpipe is rattling against the lower "chassis bar" thing. Just jack it up and look for rub marks. But like what the other guy said, just put in a .50 inch washer between the bolts (you might need to buy longer bolts of matching thread) and stick em back in there. I had the exact same problem.... not anymore though. =)
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish I still had my EVO.

Quick Reply: I hate my Evo...