Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I hate my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you think the evo breaks a lot, you should go and buy yourself a big block mopar. Ran them for years, and the evo is ultra reliable in comparison, and cheaper in the long run. To get a 13 flat 67 belvedere you have to dump about 10K just into the motor, and then it isnt going to hook up. By the time your done, you could have bought an evo anyways. Plus, the evo will get 25mpg on the highway and the mopar 6.
I love driving my evo every day, my wife has an 06 mustang that i could drive instead, but i save it for the occasional breakdown. With 70k, only major thing is the clutch, and looking at brakes now. I love this car.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Thats funny because people think I am joking when I say I dont drive my evo after dark...
Originally Posted by Kdash106
i only hate it at night.... i can't stay out too late cause if i see one cop on my way home, i will get a ticket...good thing my girl has a car so she can drive me home at night. lol
Old Apr 10, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus
I'll never understand this mentality. Why would you strap yourself to a car payment you knowingly cannot afford?

It's not that I can't afford the payments, it's I would rather have extra money to buy upgrades. LOL.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Like others have said, pick up a cheap DD. Evos do not make good DD's; I didn't mind driving it everywhere, but it was the paranoia of leaving it parked places and the constant attention from the public and police that made me a nervous wreck. I took about 4K that I was going to sink into the Evo for a FP Red + supporting mods and picked up a Prelude instead, now I drive the Evo for fun when it's appropriate and I couldn't be happier - it puts a smile on my face every time.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 08:55 PM

yeah i have been seriously considering buying another car to DD especially with the winters here in buffalo.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Wow I never thought this thread would have grown so much. I hope it becomes like the 'spotted' thread. Anyways my Evo is parked right now. It's really bad, it's not catching until 4k OUCH! so I'm officially whippin' the G-wagon!
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, where do I even begin?

Whats wrong with this pic?

And this one?

Not one track day on her.

Last edited by revvin9k; Apr 10, 2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

1x1 method on studs blows, had it re done.

Last edited by revvin9k; Apr 10, 2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dude i hear ya

yesterday went to the dealer to check on my acd lights coming on - it appears that I'll be needing another tcase which was covered under warranty at 35K and now has gone kaput again at 64k right on time for the warranty to expire!!! dealership has been cool though and tried to talk to rep into covering it bc i had it previously done - on top of that, my trunk is getting rusty in between the wing and trunk area and of course the dealer doesn't want to cover that until it eats through the metal...silver and copper colored rust isn't so bad, i guess

i've been having dreams of owning a honda fit...the amount of money i'd have in my pocket vs. realizing i'm driving a turtle powered coffin
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

And who can forget the great drive train noise?

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...t=PICS1466.flv

As much as I want to sell her, how do you fill the Evo's shoes?
Old Apr 11, 2009, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

I didnt bother to look at all the posts but if you want to save some money ona clutch try and get a used twin disk and buy the rebuild kit. To get it put in is gonna rape you. Mitsu was gonna charge me 13 hours for it. I said f that and went to a shop that does work on talons and they got it done in 8 hours.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by revvin9k
And who can forget the great drive train noise?

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...t=PICS1466.flv

As much as I want to sell her, how do you fill the Evo's shoes?
This man has a testament to a 4 door DSM. Seriously. I've seen it, felt it, heard it, and driven it. NUTS.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PaperClip
I didnt bother to look at all the posts but if you want to save some money ona clutch try and get a used twin disk and buy the rebuild kit. To get it put in is gonna rape you. Mitsu was gonna charge me 13 hours for it. I said f that and went to a shop that does work on talons and they got it done in 8 hours.
Well I guess I'll be sticking with Exedy Stage 1 and traditional $550 for labor
Old Apr 12, 2009, 05:12 PM

I agree, I want another drifting car that I can upgrade for a lot cheaper and bang up and not care, not to mention the car payment. My Evo is for sale now. I like it, I love it, but not enough to put up with it or keep it.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After having several highly modded Honda's I realize 2 things. Driving it everyday makes you lose appreciation for the car, losing appreciation for the car means your going to drive it harder to "feel" that same thrill you felt before, you will want to keep throwing money into it in order to make it faster until you get "bored" with it again...then repeat the same process all over again.

Along the way you break stuff and you start resenting the car because the money you had set aside to make it faster now has to go into "keeping it on the road".

When you have a beater, or another car to drive.....you realize why you love the car and minor/major repairs don't hurt as much because you have an alternate means of transportation and you can fix your car the right way (aka: upgrading a clutch wit ha twin carbon, upgrade the transfer case if you want big power etc).

I don't own a EVO yet but my plan has always been to have another means fo transportation so the EVO could be used for fun, possibly on the occaisional long trip (Yeah I know long trips and EVO don't belong in the same sentence but I drove a ITR power 93 hatchback with no AC from Georgia to Canada so I'm no stranger to not having cruise control etc). My wife has just recently experienced driving her favourite car into the ground (01 IS300).....everyday wear and tear, mileage racks up...its frustrating.

After I buy an EVo at the end of the month in August I'll be buying a CRV (no motivation to mod the beater)...that being said anyone who has an EVO they "HATE".....contact me please...preferably Weightless Weight.

As an example my friend had a turbo'd integra and decided to get an S2000 after all the countless issues he had putting a turbo on a Honda.....He's had Volk wheels to put on the S2K for a long time hasn't been motivated to get them on the car since he doesn't drive it everyday he is just happy getting into it......less motivation to modify.

Try it. I think you will change your mind.

Quick Reply: I hate my Evo...