Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I hate my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it seems everytime something happens to my evo its alot of $$$$$ but just got a good raise so its time to finish my little evo project!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine is a love hate relationship, i love the attention i get with it and love how fast it is but i hate how uncomftable the ride is. so now i have a DD a POS nissa sentra which drives like a cloud compared to the evo and is cheaper in every aspect so i love the nissan better that way also lol
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:09 PM

When a true driver gets his hands on an evo he instantly falls in love with the car (I know I did). My evo is my daily driver and I would never wanna drive your run of the mill "Daily Driver". I personally commute to work everyday and I don't know about you guys but if I was driving a 92 corolla to work everyday I would quit and then kill myself

Love My Evo
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by coryco19
When a true driver gets his hands on an evo he instantly falls in love with the car (I know I did). My evo is my daily driver and I would never wanna drive your run of the mill "Daily Driver". I personally commute to work everyday and I don't know about you guys but if I was driving a 92 corolla to work everyday I would quit and then kill myself

Love My Evo
<<<< "Drives: An Evo VIII like its stolen"

YOU TOO?!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

I dont hate mine! Oh wait,thats right...i dont drive an EVO.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

lol every turbo'd car is like that... hell i want an evo so bad.. ill take it off your hands... haha
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:46 PM

yep i have the same problems lots of problems the last little bit and every time i drive the car i get pulled over for little nit picky things haha i think the cops are just a little jealous
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by green meanie
after having several highly modded honda's i realize 2 things. Driving it everyday makes you lose appreciation for the car, losing appreciation for the car means your going to drive it harder to "feel" that same thrill you felt before, you will want to keep throwing money into it in order to make it faster until you get "bored" with it again...then repeat the same process all over again.

Along the way you break stuff and you start resenting the car because the money you had set aside to make it faster now has to go into "keeping it on the road".

When you have a beater, or another car to drive.....you realize why you love the car and minor/major repairs don't hurt as much because you have an alternate means of transportation and you can fix your car the right way (aka: Upgrading a clutch wit ha twin carbon, upgrade the transfer case if you want big power etc).

I don't own a evo yet but my plan has always been to have another means fo transportation so the evo could be used for fun, possibly on the occaisional long trip (yeah i know long trips and evo don't belong in the same sentence but i drove a itr power 93 hatchback with no ac from georgia to canada so i'm no stranger to not having cruise control etc). My wife has just recently experienced driving her favourite car into the ground (01 is300).....everyday wear and tear, mileage racks up...its frustrating.

After i buy an evo at the end of the month in august i'll be buying a crv (no motivation to mod the beater)...that being said anyone who has an evo they "hate".....contact me please...preferably weightless weight.

As an example my friend had a turbo'd integra and decided to get an s2000 after all the countless issues he had putting a turbo on a honda.....he's had volk wheels to put on the s2k for a long time hasn't been motivated to get them on the car since he doesn't drive it everyday he is just happy getting into it......less motivation to modify.

Try it. I think you will change your mind.
ty...
Old Apr 14, 2009, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

The evo and I have a love hate relationship..

the red one is mine-->

It was in the shop a week after I purchased it(14kmi) leaving me stranded as my only means of transport. I have owned the car for about a year and 2 month(currently at 34kMi). In that time i have gone through 2 sets of tires. Some issues with the K2 coilovers Blew out a front brake line somehow. First time driving a car with not brakes. Had to get the stock suspension put back on. Not to mention the constant alignments I went through. Had a few check engine soon lights due to O2 and fuel levels. The oil changes rack up when you use the car as a dd.

Yet, i get a big smile on my face everything i jump behind the momo steering wheel. As previously stated, "no better way to escape from reality." Going for a ride in the evo after a stress filled day is the best medicine. I try to baby the car as much as I can when I am putting to and from work. I feel this is the best way to avoid problems. Find a good shop you trust, baby the car as much as you can and be easy on the mods if you are on a budget, that's my 2 cents.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:06 PM

i had to go through the same problem that some of you guys had with the clutch, i drove it until the clutch was dead not b.c i wanted to though, after about 2 months i got the money to buy a new clutch.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

i love my evo to death!! i knoo my pocket feels it but i spend money on w.e it needs with a smile in my face!!
Old Apr 15, 2009, 02:21 AM
Evolving Member

One thing i am confused is the evos rough ride. Its nothing at all compared to a 97 eclipse with blown ksport coilovers lol. I jump and fly all over the road friends call it the death box Thats my dd beater for when the evo is broken which is now. But seriously how can you be mad at a car that you get in fire up rev it up a little warm it up and tear *** like a crotch rocket down the road. Yes i cant afford the repairs but life is all about sacrifices what you pay to play the game. But one thing said ftw
Old Apr 16, 2009, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

I love my evo no problems ever that sucks man possibly a junk yard clutch for temp?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

IMO its worth it.. just the thrill of driving and seeing it daily.. Yes im a evo fanatic
Old Apr 22, 2009, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Green Meanie
After having several highly modded Honda's I realize 2 things. Driving it everyday makes you lose appreciation for the car, losing appreciation for the car means your going to drive it harder to "feel" that same thrill you felt before, you will want to keep throwing money into it in order to make it faster until you get "bored" with it again...then repeat the same process all over again.
100% agree.

This is the absolute number 1 reason I don't DD my Evo. So I can keep my appriciation for it and I don't get so bored. Not only that, but the mainteance on it is killer, so the less the miles, the less maintenance, the better

Quick Reply: I hate my Evo...