Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I hate my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
100% agree.

This is the absolute number 1 reason I don't DD my Evo. So I can keep my appriciation for it and I don't get so bored. Not only that, but the mainteance on it is killer, so the less the miles, the less maintenance, the better
The less miles. My ITR was perfect...but I racked up 80k on the odmeter jut driving it everyday....I never appreciated that car the way I wanted to because I couldn't afford to break anything since it was my dd.

Don't drive your car for 2 Weeks.....you will fall in love all over again.....better yet drive a corolla or tercel
Old Apr 22, 2009, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel your pain man ive spent soo much money into fixing my car that i could have bought another one. Im on my 3rd clutch and had to spend $2000 fixing all the brakes and rotors when i first got it..... But i still LOVE my baby even tho she does have her time(s) of tha month. HAHAHAHA
Old Apr 22, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Green Meanie
The less miles. My ITR was perfect...but I racked up 80k on the odmeter jut driving it everyday....I never appreciated that car the way I wanted to because I couldn't afford to break anything since it was my dd.

Don't drive your car for 2 Weeks.....you will fall in love all over again.....better yet drive a corolla or tercel
My built b18c-r Del Sol put a smile on my face EVERY time I got in it. And I used to beat the crap out of that car, it loved every minute of it. I owned that car for 5 years, never gave me a 1/4 of the issues the Evo gives me.

And I say it once again, as many times as I tried to sell my Evo....... how the FAWK do you replace AWD/TURBO?

On the same note, I miss my S2K. Dearly.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 08:49 PM

i agree, me and my evo have a love/hate relationship
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:22 PM

i just got me IX MR Not even a month Ago and the SES light Turned on, WTF.
Old May 5, 2009, 09:22 PM

I've owned my evo for 3 months. 2 weeks after I bought it the stock clutch gave out. since then the front lower control arm joints have gone, the trans is in need of rebuilding, It needs brakes and tires and here comes the real kick in the nuts... IT WAS BROKEN INTO YESTERDAY!!

never ending money pitt and nothin but trouble.

I still love it to death though
Old May 5, 2009, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Yea you're right. I still remember the feeling of adrenaline I had when I drove the Evo for the first time. I immediately thought to my self, "I'm going to ruin my life with this thing."
Old May 5, 2009, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I have changed my transfer, but I still love it

Last edited by Lukelis; May 5, 2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old May 5, 2009, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I have changed my transfer, but I still love it
Old May 5, 2009, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kdash106
i only hate it at night.... i can't stay out too late cause if i see one cop on my way home, i will get a ticket...good thing my girl has a car so she can drive me home at night. lol
seriously?
that sucks
i get cops that give me thumbs ups and such
Old May 5, 2009, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

I bought mine brand new in 2006 with 0.5 miles still wrapped in the plastic stuff, and to this day at 52965 miles I have had no problems at all!!

The only small issue is the clutch is starting to show signs of slippage, but thats to be expected.

I love my Evo, and love it more every time I put my hard earned cash into it.
Old May 6, 2009, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Seems like a good majority of people complaining in here need to do some re-evaluating. You're buying a car that is already not within your means price wise yet you forget to consider maintenance. And then when a regular wear and tear item (Clutch) goes some of you can't afford to replace it? Honestly that's totally absurd.

Having a fun car is cool, but owning a car that handicaps you financially and affects your lifestyle is really some ridiculous decision making.

I thought I was on the M3 forum, but I just read through this thread and it hit me that we're talking about a Evo here which is by no means a expensive car to maintain. Can't imagine what some of you will buy next.

Last edited by abdizzle; May 6, 2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old May 6, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
i know what you're talking about. right now i need an oxygen sensor for my car and i can't find them ANYWHERE. all the dealers and parts stores i've talked to need to order it and apparently the only place i can get them is atlanta.... and they're on a two-week back order <ugh>

anyways i feel your pain about the car - if it ain't damn one thing, it's another
Old May 6, 2009, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

i had a electrical harness go bad which cost me over 1k to fix
Old May 6, 2009, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
i have yet to see a girl (or guy....whatever your into) go omg your car has boost, F*CK ME NOW!!!!
so your statement is not even close to true

i hate my evo too
Haha yeah those kind of ladies are hard to come by I'm sure. Most girls worth pursuing, in my opinion, don't care what you drive. The evo is the manliest of compact cars and I doubt the huge wing, crap interior, and throaty exhaust are going to scream F*** me to many classy ladies.

I am a little shocked at how many people in school and their early 20s are springing for evos. To put so much financial strain on yourself at such a young age, that's dedication! I'm 23 and don't feel like I'm in any place to be spending 30k on a car, or buying a used evo which is bound to have maintenance issues due to the more than likely abuse it endured from the previous owner.

I'm sure it is worth it to some people. I have driven an evo XIII and IX and loved it! But I mean, when you are making less than 60k and planning on more education or a family or a house, are you kidding me? I live in DC so living expenses are higher here, but even in the boonies... that's a lot of cash to be throwing down when you have your whole life ahead of you.

Quick Reply: I hate my Evo...