Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I hate my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2009, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by abdizzle
Seems like a good majority of people complaining in here need to do some re-evaluating. You're buying a car that is already not within your means price wise yet you forget to consider maintenance. And then when a regular wear and tear item (Clutch) goes some of you can't afford to replace it? Honestly that's totally absurd.

Having a fun car is cool, but owning a car that handicaps you financially and affects your lifestyle is really some ridiculous decision making.

I thought I was on the M3 forum, but I just read through this thread and it hit me that we're talking about a Evo here which is by no means a expensive car to maintain. Can't imagine what some of you will buy next.

Superb first post.

You also forget to realize that everyone wants to mod, and by having FI there are many more avenues to cover.

And how much more expensive is an M3? lmao
Old May 6, 2009, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

i wouldnt say i a money pit, but yea when something big goes out your mind tends to worry too much. i love my car to death. but also im with some of you guys, sometimes i wouldnt mind just driving a regular car..
Old May 6, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

i say...drive it like a girl until you can afford to drive it like a cougar
Old May 6, 2009, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

any normal person wouldn't own an evo....unless they are just filthy rich and have the cash to throw around....most evo owners are like me...in their 30's and still single with no kids...basically it's a car for losers that have no responsibilities....lmao...jk....anyways i'm at 40,000 miles with no problems...basically my goal has been to get the car paid off before anything breaks....then you will have the money that you would be making car payments with to use to fix whatever breaks...lol...oh a tip for people worried about maintenance cost...don't modify your evo....that makes things break faster....that is a fact of life.....maybe wait til you pay it off first then begin to modify it
Old May 6, 2009, 03:16 PM

Yep...I'd have to agree with you there. I like reliability and compared to my old Honda civic the Evo doesn't come close. To be exptected though from a 4sec car. I heard ferrari isn't that much more reliable

It does put a smile on my face everytime I drive it though.
Old May 6, 2009, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

i hate my evo cause its dead
Old May 6, 2009, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Cry me an effin river. If you have an issue, use a tissue.
Old May 6, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

love my baby
Old May 6, 2009, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AviKM
i hate my evo cause its dead
+1. that seems to be the case with me atleast a few months outa the year
Old May 6, 2009, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by revvin9k
Superb first post.

You also forget to realize that everyone wants to mod, and by having FI there are many more avenues to cover.

And how much more expensive is an M3? lmao
What exactly did you accomplish with that post?

What does a owners desire to mod a car have to do with an inability to afford the car to begin with? All that demonstrates is that some peoples priorities are way off the map, thanks for pointing that out. You've just made clear how stupid some younger owners are.

"Hey! I'm going to buy a car because of the huge aftermarket/modding potential and invest all my money into upping power but WAIT! I can't even keep up with payments and regular maintenance! I'm a genius!

M3's, or any M car for that matter can be pretty expensive to own given the unexpected expenses. Own one before speaking on the matter please. The Evo is no different from any other import in terms of maintenance, it's just blown way out of proportion by owners who abuse their cars and expect everything to just "work."

Still makes me laugh when some Evo owners refuse to daily drive the car as if it's some exotic, it's a relatively inexpensive (when put in perspective) 4 door that is a great all around car. Not a single characteristic of the car makes it unfriendly to someone who wants to drive it 7 days a week, that's just the attitude some owners have toward the it that seems to have spread making people believe otherwise.
Old May 6, 2009, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Alright, the Evo and the M3 are alike in ways that you described. You want to mod them, but you also have to maintain the car. It can get expensive very fast.

I had an S2000 before this and I DID buy the Evo for the HUGE market to mod them and make them fast for cheap. I on the other hand, will never neglect my car. I treat my cars better than myself. I hear a noise, I address it. Shes my baby, no matter how many times she pisses me off.

While I do not think my Evo is some "exotic" as you put it, I do drive it year round, even in the dreaded snow.

And who cares if someone buys a car "out of their means"? You live life once, have fun with it.

I am flattered that 31 is young.
Old May 6, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

I currently DD my S2000 and am a new owner of an Evo.

As for buying a car out of your means, I personally think going for broke and putting a toy in front of essentials like your life/family is absolutely retarded. You've never run into someone who's put every penny into his car but he's eating Top Raman for lunch and dinner? Sure i'll give him props for his car which will stroke his ego but otherwise I'll consider the person a total moron.

The world doesn't revolve around driving a nice car. Some people find other things to be more important and I see dropping $30K on a car when you're "young" based solely on desire it's dumb IMO. There are a lot of mature owners on here but I've come across just as many dumb young owners who are blinded by the importance of their car. But then again just like any hobby peoples views are subjective.

If I use your saying, well then I should neglect everything and go out and buy a Enzo while I'm at it even though I wouldn't even be able to afford the first oil change, never the less be completely broke and forced to live paycheck to paycheck but you only live once right?
Old May 6, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

i love my evo alot however driving it everyday is rough
Old May 6, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Putting the car before the family is nuts. But, I will sacrifice things for myself for my car.

No one said the world revolved around a nice car. But like most people on these boards, ( I KNOW s2ki too) we like to have nice cars. It never has, and NEVER will make the man. Thats just crazy too.

You only live life once....
Old May 6, 2009, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
I hate mine when I am not driving it, love it when I am. Mine has been 100% reliable though. Great weekend/track car. I would never DD it though because it is just a little to goofy looking for where I work, plus I hate parking it anywhere but my garage lolz

Quick Reply: I hate my Evo...