Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I hate my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate my Evo...

No I really love it but... Have any of you ever woke up and said to yourself.. man I'd rather be driving my moms Geo instead of my Evo today"? I have lately... All of our Evos has been plagued by an unforeseen mechanical/electrical problem at some point. Some of them are cheap and easy to repair, some are expensive and unexpected, etc etc. Some of us can afford to get them fixed right away.. and some of us are under warranty... I'm neither.

Right now I need a clutch and I'd rather (insert sarcasm here) stand outside in the bone chilling below zero weather of Boston for the bus than drive my Evo. I'm a bit tight on cash at the moment so I've been putting it aside for a couple of weeks now and will be doing so for at least a couple more. Just thought it would be nice to hear someone of you guys pain so it could ease mine a bit
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i only hate it at night.... i can't stay out too late cause if i see one cop on my way home, i will get a ticket...good thing my girl has a car so she can drive me home at night. lol
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

i love my evo. everything about it. shes perfect. but i do feel your pain. if its not the clutch its the brakes, if its not the brakes its fluid etc. my car keeps me outta trouble bc i would never do something that would jepordize her safety, esp late at night. however, when i make the 3 1/2 hr commute to and from school (every weekend for the past 3 weeks) sometimes i wish i could just drive my parents subaru SUV. cruise control, no looks from cops, heated seats, cd changer etc. its all about compromise, i wouldnt trade her for anything, although i def feel your pain. its a never ending money pit. gl with your clutch, as soon as its all fixed up you will fall back in love!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

i here u man i think about it all the time to.... the payments blow im just like 400 extra a month i can buy some sick cloths hit the strip club up have a house haha but i still live at home!!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

Lmao.. yeah these payments are killing me. Not enough to wanna start a thread such as 'Have you thought of selling your Evo' but it's making me have to wait on things like these that just are just UNACCEPTABLE! I'm sure I'll get the same rush I got the day I bought it again.. worse part is this was shortly after I got the car.. Only a month! So I'm yearning that feeling right about now. Never dealing with that dealer again, they did nothing but a dam oil change before I bought the car. Still love her though.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:33 AM

yea i fell ur pain but every time the boost comes on it all gos away
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

Payments are killer, after I'm done paying off the car, I'm sure I'll get myself into something else with high payments...like an apartment. I also have to finish getting my BA in General Management....crap, i need new tires badly, I'm still on the stockers with 22k....LOL. I also have to adjust my ets uicp, the bottom scraps against the frame and its annoying when it rubs all the time and everyone in the car asks "whats that sound"...anyways, I love the evo, just hate not having enough money.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:40 AM
Evolving Member

I was being sarcastic when I said I hated my Evo in case the next poster decides to make that their opening/closing statement. But yeah not having enough money blows fasho btw you don't actually own a FQ-400 do you...
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel your pain too my friend. I just finished replacing a blown engine only to find out that my transmission is about to die... Neverending money pit and I never seem to be able to keep up with the cost enough to mod it as much as I would like. Don't give up though, the Evo is still an incredible car to own and drive no matter how many things come up.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:03 AM
Evolved Member

sell it before its to late. its the clutch now, next tranny, transfer case, engine....
Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:33 AM

go get yourself beater for like 500-1000 and call it a day, i have a kia as mine and all it needed was a clutch and a few minor fixes. total cost 800$, and u will appreciate your evo hole lot more then u do now.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 02:37 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah i have the same problem right now. I bought it with some work done to it. Rims are junk because the paint is coming off. Had big spacers on stock lugs broke a lug one night got extended lug studs promblem fixed. Then trans 2nd gear was grinding so i drove it not using 2nd gear. Next t case started whining typical of 2003 evos. So i got that fixed. Got it tuned which was bad because they didnt tune it will say it was devo tuning because they are closed anyways. Then ended up going to another shop for tuning and a hole in the intercooler welded that up got it tuned which its alright tune now still needs adjustments. Had to give her up for 3 days for a winter tune on aem that was fun but was worth it once i got her back. Now my last journey is that the t case took a dump again after getting it fixed. That journey is dont know what happened if i got screwed by the shop or if stage 3 sheps t cases go out in 4000 miles of dd. My guess shop or just a mechanical mishap Definately not sheps because those t cases are amazing and i only have 400 horse. But know i have had my evo sit outside for month and a half and i still love her. Driving my eclipse is just torture to me. Well hope that helps you feel better also ive owned the car for 7 months now and driven it for maybe 2 months lol. Best 2 months of my life gotta get her going for summer cruising. Best of luck man hope shes good to u after this
Old Apr 7, 2009, 03:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by street dreamin8
yea i fell ur pain but every time the boost comes on it all gos away
^gotta love the boost
Old Apr 7, 2009, 03:48 AM
Evolving Member

Never ending money pit indeed is what I think till I hit boost.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

i feel all of you guys. When i first got the car i thought it was the best thing ever then the clutch went out. Then money got tight. racked up like 20k in a year on it. i said hell with this went out got me a beater. It seemed like when i drove the evo everyday seemed like things kept going wrong. So i parked it and got everything fixed on it and it sits now i take it out drive it once in a while as long as its nice out. I hate it when $hit breaks def dose dig into your pocket but im starting to realize its an evo. always keep a separate bank account for it. So now i keep money stashed away for times when stuff goes wrong.

Quick Reply: I hate my Evo...