Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Thinking of selling EvO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2009, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of selling EvO

**This is not a For Sale thread**

Well, I'm debating if I should sell my evo.

Details on my car:

2005 Evo with 37K miles.
CBRD BBK full (CBRD has done all the work/tune on the car)
GSC S1 cams
GSC catback
MR 02 housing/downpipe/testpipe
Walbro
ETS IC, UIPC, intake
Nisei LICP
ARP headstuds
DV
BR ported exhaust manifold/hotside
Advan RS 18x9
MR coilovers
Defi gauges
No vinyl stickers (gotta stay clean)
Basically every bolt-on except a ported IM/TB (which is on its way)

I'm 28 (almost 29) and just think it's time to step up to a luxury car. I was looking at the new 2009 Audi A4 or BMW 335i. The car looks pretty bad@ss. I can't make up my mind on what to do. I think I'm getting tired of driving a loud import. I would love to keep the evo and buy the Audi, but I just don't want to put myself in that situation.

Don't get me wrong, I love to drive her still but I don't go to the track or autocross. Not sure if I should sell it or not.

Anybody else in this situation?? Any feedback would be helpful.

Like I said, this is not a for sale thread, so Mods please don't move it there. Just want some feedback from people who are or were in this same situation. What did you do and do you regret selling or keeping the evo?

Please don't post "Sell it, your not an evo fan, blah blah blah".

Jason
Old Apr 7, 2009, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

what ever you feel comfortable with brotha, if you feel your growing out of it, sell it and get something that suits you more, idk if id sell mine, just because i couldnt drive anything that would feel as fast

goodluck i like the audi
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly man, go test drive a few cars and see if you can see yourself driving it over an Evo. The 335i's are pretty sweet. Just remember when you go to test drive it, you will be driving it everyday. So if you feel at all like you dont enjoy it as much, walk away. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with whichever path you choose
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

I went through the same sentiment back in 2004. Sold my Evo, bought a Porsche, drove it for a few years, and then went back to another Evo. I think you ultimately end up paying a lot for image but get very little back in terms of driving experience or performance. If you want something that's more comfortable, I totally understand it but don't buy it because you feel like you need to fit in at the office. You'll only end up regretting your decision.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:06 AM

Yeah, I'm so up in the air on what to do. To sell my evo "as is" with all the mods, I would take such a hit. Would hate to part it out cause thats worse then just selling it outright. It's like selling your kids (lol). I would have to go on anti-depressants.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by MrBonus
I went through the same sentiment back in 2004. Sold my Evo, bought a Porsche, drove it for a few years, and then went back to another Evo. I think you ultimately end up paying a lot for image but get very little back in terms of driving experience or performance. If you want something that's more comfortable, I totally understand it but don't buy it because you feel like you need to fit in at the office. You'll only end up regretting your decision.
^^Thats a big part of it. I've moved up in the world and just thinking rocking a BMW or Audi is part of the maturation process
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8
**This is not a For Sale thread**

Well, I'm debating if I should sell my evo.

I'm 28 (almost 29) and just think it's time to step up to a luxury car. I was looking at the new 2009 Audi A4 or BMW 335i. The car looks pretty bad@ss. I can't make up my mind on what to do. I think I'm getting tired of driving a loud import. I would love to keep the evo and buy the Audi, but I just don't want to put myself in that situation.

Jason
I feel you on that one. My plan is to look for an older luxury car and keep the evo to keep things affordable. No extra payments > fancy new car right now for me.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I had this issue about a year and a half ago and to be honest I really haven't missed my Evo that much. I drove everything under the sun trying to find an acceptable ratio of sportiness vs luxury and the 335 fit that very well. I would find myself missing it every once in a while on a back road but, that's mostly because it took me a little while to feel like I could wind out the 335 without feeling like I was beating on it.

I was very disappointed in the Audi driving experience. The car looks great and has a nice interior but, just isn't very involving to drive and can't compete with the power the 335 puts out. The latest body style is better but still not the car the 335 is IMO.

If you do get the 335 consider doing euro delivery. It saves you a few bucks and makes the car all that much more special to you.

I would also consider a CPO'd E55 if I were in the market right now. You can get them for the low 40's.

Last edited by hotrod2448; Apr 7, 2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
I had this issue about a year and a half ago and to be honest I really haven't missed my Evo that much. I drove everything under the sun trying to find an acceptable ratio of sportiness vs luxury and the 335 fit that very well.

I was very disappointed in the Audi driving experience. The car looks great and has a nice interior but, just isn't very involving to drive and can't compete with the power the 335 puts out. The latest body style is better but still not the car the 335 is IMO.

If you do get the 335 consider doing euro delivery. It saves you a few bucks and makes the car all that much more special to you.

I would also consider a CPO'd E55 if I were in the market right now. You can get them for the low 40's.
PM me on how to do "euro delivery" please
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
PM me on how to do "euro delivery" please
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...y/Default.aspx

It saved me an additional $2500 off the best price I could negotiate. They also give you a two for one airline voucher with Lufthansa.

Check out bimmerfest's euro delivery subforum.

Last edited by hotrod2448; Apr 7, 2009 at 06:32 AM.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Quiet exhaust, take the wing off, leather Recaros and You'll be set
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

^^Thats a big part of it. I've moved up in the world and just thinking rocking a BMW or Audi is part of the maturation process
To be perfectly blunt, spending large dollars on a heavily depreciating asset isn't mature; it has simply become a part of an expectation that has been marketed to us by our consumer culture.

Buy what you enjoy. If you really deep down want a BMW or Audi, buy one.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus
it has simply become a part of an expectation that has been marketed to us by our consumer culture.
I agree. Buy new this/that. I'm weening myself off of that..
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Why not upgrade to a fully loaded Evo X ?? It may not be a BMW but it's also not $50,000. You'll spend less than an overpriced German car and get more luxury than your VIII, a whole new engine to play with, and you'll still get that Mitsu performance.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I felt this exact same way!! Had 15K+ in parts and then just got tired of the stereotype, the look, the lack of amenities, it was fun to go fast but that's where the fun ended. I outgrew the car!!

My replacement was a 08' Z06 and I LOVE THE CAR it looks great, drives great, has amenities, is fast for a stock car. The amount of compliments I get are unreal. Everyone from neighbors, co-workers, Sonic cashiers, random people screaming nice car.

The EVO will always be a great performance car it will always be a street terror. With that being said the Z06 is in a whole other league.......even if it's not the "street terror" a EVO can be.

I wouldn't trade back for any EVO!!

Here is my EVO vs Z06 Review.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ot...ar-c6-z06.html

Last edited by Jasil; Apr 7, 2009 at 07:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling EvO