Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Best Time To Buy????

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Best Time To Buy????

Okay Guys & Gals I'm new to this forum but have been a huge fan of Mitsu for years. I currently have an 2001 Galant LS (with loads of aftermarket goodies, headers, exhaust, intake, body kit etc...)

My problem is that I want the EVO (I have dreamed about this car since version 1 Anyway I'm looking for some help and advise.

1) How much do you think I'd get in a trade for the Galant (38K miles and great condition)? Or should I private sale?

2) When is the best time to buy the EVO?

3) What is the best price someone has gotten for the EVO? (I saw a post and someone from Cape Code mentioned they bought for 2500 off MSRP???? How do you get this deal? )

4) Has anyone purchase a car of ebay? How does that work? Some EVO's on ebay have prices around 25k....

Sorry for all the questions but I just want to be part of the EVO family...

Thanks for all the help
Old Sep 26, 2003, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Check out Edmunds.com and kbb.com for trade-in prices. Realize those are run by dealers (I'm guessing) so your trade-in value will be low . You'll get more money selling to a private party, but it's more of a hassle.

*note: Depending on some state laws, you can trade in your car and the price of the EVO is deducted. You only pay sales tax on the EVO - trade-in. That saved me $700!!! So toss that number on top of the trade -in value and it's closer to the private party price .

2) Best time to buy: End of the month. Get there a few days early to test drive. So then you are sure about the purchase before you make them sweat a day or two.

3) You hear some good deals but it's all regional and dealer specific. Invoice may be the going market in your area or maybe MSRP.

4) No experience with Ebay.

Good luck!