Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

mitsu says "ive been caught"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2003, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by fury656
How did they figure out who you were through your screen name?
In this day and age it would pretty simple really -- maybe not legal, but simple. And we all know if there was any illegal dealings in finding out who he was, they would never admit it. If I were you, I would deny that being you on the board and force them to provide you with the means by which they know your full name from the message board.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

dude call you lcoal news station and let them know of the unethical business practices etc and that they are making false allegations..(get it on tape first)

im gonna use it tooo even though I have no mods...

Last edited by stevEVO8; Sep 26, 2003 at 02:11 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:07 PM

Really all they need to do is log and trace your IP back to your ISP and they can get your name. Doesn't matter if you use your real name or a screen name. There are ways to make your IP tough to trace though, which may help.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

check it!!
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

^^Sweet. I know you said you didn't have mods but it also protects you from racing your car as well.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

maybee the admin of this site should post a usage policy stating that any information on this site is the strict property of evolution m and may not be used for business purposes or legal action acainst its members
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by liquid7879
maybee the admin of this site should post a usage policy stating that any information on this site is the strict property of evolution m and may not be used for business purposes or legal action acainst its members

Yea that would be really nice actually. Then I wouldn't have to stick this bulk signature in every post i made. It would be something fairly easy to do though...unless of course the site admin is getting a kick down from mits. And if he is getting paid for it, I cannot honestly say I blame him...business is business.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

So then what right does Mitsu have in getting info from other people. Thats like saying i work for mcdonalds, let me call AOL and see who's IP this is.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

right now the internet has no laws of use, unless other wise stated.....any information that you put on the internet can be used against us as if we siad it in person...

Just like writing a letter saying your gonna kill someone....

if mitsu is using this site other than the intentions and breaking the usage policies then the owner of the site on behalf of its members can sue mitsu for illegal use of evom's assets etc...
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:29 PM

My Response

I feel that it is foolish of Mitsubishii to do such thiings. Why bring over a WRC race oriented car, when they are really pushing Rally Racing in the USA, and not let customers enjoy what the car was intended for? Makes no sense. Now, are their defense, just because its a WRC type car doesn't mean you can do what ever you want to it. Go thrash on it, then blow something and act all inicent like its a defect of the car. That's not cool either. So its a wash. They encouage racing for the pro's, but for us, its just to admire a well built fun to drive car. If you race your car, Mitsubishi didn't sponser you, so why think your getting free stuff when you break it? So its common sense. My ten Cents.

"United We Stand"
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Re: My Response

Originally posted by LuvmyEvo
If you race your car, Mitsubishi didn't sponser you, so why think your getting free stuff when you break it? So its common sense. My ten Cents.

"United We Stand"

There is a difference in something breaking directly due to race abuse and them voiding your entire warranty just because you race. Should a blistered clutch be replaced under warranty? No way. I believe that if the clutch is not abused, it will last for as long as it needs to. But people are being denied a lot more warranty issues than just a clutch because of racing. There is no way a transfer case or a transmission or a motor for that matter should break (all things being stock) under even the toughest racing conditions on a brand new car. The problem is that :mits: realized too late in the game that they were going to have a few problems. So instead of taking the consumer's side and gaining an awesome name in the performance auto circles, they are shooting themselves in the foot and shewing away hundreds, if not thousands, of prospective future first time buyers and repeat buyers.

Just as an example of GOOD customer support. The president of SVT for Ford told his engineers that a stock 03 Mustang Cobra MUST stand up to 500 launches at the drag strip (ALL parts included) or they were to go back to the drawing board. When they finally finished their design, they took a test car out to a drag strip and stopped at 1000 passes with no broken parts. That is how a car should be designed!
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

So then by your rational its ok for mitsu to scour the internet and VOID a warranty for a vehicle even though I have no claims for anything wrong with my car?

or better yet to illegaly VOID a warranty against the waranty acts that we all abide by?

i mean what happens when my wing falls off and they say my warranty on the wing is void cause they believe i raced my car but have no substantial evidenece except an internet board.....

come on thats dirty business any way you look at it... and every business knows that they will loose a certain amount of money along the lines which is estimated and factored in to the cost of all their prodcuts and services.. so either way you look at it we are paying for the warrant when we buy the car and with the overhead that they place in the price of the car so they should not act like this.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:57 PM

Hope you don't mind, but I just had to use that disclaimer....friggin' one of the most intelligent things I've ever seen!
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:58 PM

Originally posted by bricke
Really all they need to do is log and trace your IP back to your ISP and they can get your name. Doesn't matter if you use your real name or a screen name. There are ways to make your IP tough to trace though, which may help.
i think about my ip adress, but i never loged onto this site with my own computer, it was always at school or on my gf's computer... there is no way they could have found me through ip address.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Look very simple go to the dealer tell them to give you a copy of the report they obtain. since its the law that they have to give a copy to you of whatever they are accusing you of. Second if they dont you have the right to ask for one. If they still dont then you can take them to court and prosecute them if what your telling us is correect that they have you confused. I say this for one im in my second year in law school. Third of all my tickets and arrest ive come out victorious when defending myself. If you have any questions feel free to ask. As for mitsu you are stictly violationg cunsumer privacy acts. Also when one registerson to the furums does any one know if it sasy that our information wil be given out to other or like aol it sasy it will never be given out. Because if it sasy it wont be givin out and mitsu sasy they obtain you and your sn and address you can seriously ask The owner of Evo site to respond to how they aquired it. Because if they did then that is a serious crime and its considered a felony. So always stay on top of and aware of the law peope best advise I can give you and last Thing. I went to the dealer in Whittier in cali and they treated me very well when i asked tem what would i be voing when installed aturbo they told me with no problem though they did try to void some other stuf that would not beaffected by the turbo so i fought it and asked them why then they just sayd "as long as the problem you bring to us with the veichel has nothing to do with the installation of the turbocharger or was caused by the turbo charger we wil still warranty it" by service manager. Though mostly like if anything drivetarrein ande ngigine comps my not be warrantied after installed only for one reason. that was that most of the proble ms are do to the turbo being on a non turbo car. They were very cool about it and even told me to get a turbo timer when i finished the turbo set up because it will help alot. So i give mitsu in Whitier a praise for not dicking me around and being straight honest I am Charles. Thanks if mitsu is watching. Though i will give mitsu in the city of industry a big buuuuu and tem thumbs down for their lack in customer service. Hope this helps guys. I also remembered one of you guys posted like a chart of all the rules and what not of the warrenty issue. you guys should read that too.

Quick Reply: mitsu says "ive been caught"