Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

A Sad Story......

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2003, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Unhappy A Sad Story......

Last night coming out of the mall I noticed my car was hit in the parking lot. I got hit in the Left Rear side of my car. My bumper guard needs to be replaced, have to get a new spoiler (carbonfiber took a nice hit), and left light cluster. This Is all obvious replacements. Also my 1/4 pannel took some damage from the wing getting shoved into it, and my trunk got crumpled from the wing. yes, I found the wing if very strong, enough to bend the trunk lid and the 1/4 pannels with out even comming off. I havent got any real estimates yet, but i'm sure it'll be around $4000.
There goes some money for mods... I have insurence but still $500 deductable will still put a whole in my budget, so now my mods are held back until the spring.
I dont have anypictures uploaded on the internet. Yeah i hate Hit and Runs, looks like a trailer or something hit it. My poor baby.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that. - Sucks people don't even do the legal thing and leave some contact information for you to have them pay for it.

I hope this wasn't at Walmart.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

If it was at a mall sometimes they have cameras monitoring the parking lot. they may have who hit you on film.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 01:15 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sorry about that. the mall security should be able to provide you with some footage of the accident if it was close to a camera and find the culprit.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

yeah check w/ the mall security, they have digital cams most of the time so you might be able to get a license plate # of the video...then hunt his punkass down for a hit and run!

sorry to hear about your car...that sucks

i was at a red light a long time ago and some mexican comes flying down the road and rear ends me...and i was stopped...he was going like 60...

neck hurt for 2-3 wks and truck for a loss but got 4k for an old truck
Old Sep 26, 2003, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear that bro!!! Hate ppl who don't take resposibility nor care as long as they don't get caught nor care about someone elses property!!!! them all!!!! Hope everything works out!!!
Old Sep 26, 2003, 01:25 PM
Account Disabled

Anyone notice that all the Vandalism, B N E's, Theft and Hit N Runs only happen in Jersey.

Like ****, this is the 15th person in Jersey to say something happened to there car. What a ****ty state.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
First off no cameras outside the mall... yeah
Yeah their is a lot of vandalism in this state, just a lot of people dont respect others accomplishments. Another kid from my school with a hooked up rice mobile (looked nice) car got stolen and got stripped almost to the frame and was found on blocks.
Yeah the damage does not look too bad, but when it comes down to it, its bad. Like the CF wing, quarter sized chunk missing out of the left side, and its messed up where it was mounted on the trunk. I know there is damage a little on the inside, specially when the trunk is pushed up a lilttle on the left side and i cannot get the spare tire cover off. The dealer ordered some of the parts already, (spoiler, bumper guard, LR cluster). They just took a quick look at it until I get the Insurence clame back then i can get a real estimate, and i'm sure once they take that bumper, and other pannels off they will see other damage that will bump the price up a little more.
I'll keep you updated, I have pictures but I got to get my internet site back up so I can use the URL.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump.

Sorry to hear that, man.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:05 PM

It really sucks *** that in a public lot like a Mall or Walmart, no one has any liability. I guess it's the chance you take going to those places and parking near other people.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

I've got a set of tail lamps if you want to take them off my hands i'd be wiling to sell them for pretty cheap if you are looking for some parts...

Sorry to hear about your car, I never bring my caar to the mall. CAr brings way too much attention to itself (the bad kind)
Old Sep 26, 2003, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear about this. Every time I go to the movies I would always think about my car. It's prett bad, but I just care too much about my ride.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

thats NJ for you. Alot of scumbags who hate to see others enjoy what they worked hard for.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

why is it such a task to take your car anywhere nowadays?! how gay!
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by batty
thats NJ for you. Alot of scumbags who hate to see others enjoy what they worked hard for.
True. Not only in NJ but all over the 50 states. No matter where you live there's always people will do such a thing. Expect the unexpected and be careful with your car. Sorry to hear your car got hit and run.