Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

English version of the EVO VIII driver's handbook

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2003, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
English version of the EVO VIII driver's handbook

Hi all, this might sound a little weird... but I hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I reside in SIngapore and until recently, the official Mitsubishi distributor did not import Evos. So, I got my Evo from a grey importer (also cost me substantially less than thru the official channel). Problem is that since my GSR is directly imported from Japan (i.e. 6 speed manual), the driver's handbook is also in Japanese.

Anyone knows where I could get a copy of the English version or if anyone Evo VIII owners have scanned a handbook on their website, etc....

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 29, 2003, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Call up a US dealer and buy one from them or maybe you'll have better luck w/ a euro dealer even.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Re: English version of the EVO VIII driver's handbook

Hey there, we just had a meetup on Sunday and some of the guys bought their cars from C&C; was told that the owner's handbook is in English. You should join us in the meetups maybe someone there can give you a copy of it or something.

Originally posted by dansplace
Hi all, this might sound a little weird... but I hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I reside in SIngapore and until recently, the official Mitsubishi distributor did not import Evos. So, I got my Evo from a grey importer (also cost me substantially less than thru the official channel). Problem is that since my GSR is directly imported from Japan (i.e. 6 speed manual), the driver's handbook is also in Japanese.

Anyone knows where I could get a copy of the English version or if anyone Evo VIII owners have scanned a handbook on their website, etc....

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 29, 2003, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You might be better off calling someone in the U.K. or possibly Austrailia. Doesn't your GSR have ACD and AYC? The USDM manual won't cover those.