Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How is EVO?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2003, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is EVO?

I am looking forward to buy EVO8....

and.. I went to MITSU dealer... Exterior looks nice...

but interior kinda boring...

I couldn't test-drive EVO..so I don't know about handling of that car.....

Plez tell me your thought about EVO....

Tell me about good things and bad things....

Thank you~~~~~
Old Sep 29, 2003, 11:24 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might get flamed for this one, but the general consensus on all reviews and confirmed by most owners is that it handles razor sharp (short and precise steering). The engine has lag down low below 3k ish, and suffers above 5500-6k I believe. The ride is pretty stiff, which for a performance nut, doesn't matter. Those are the two major cons I believe. If you compare it to 99% of cars in that price range though, it's by far the best performance/buck. I know that wasn't too in depth, but that is what you will experience guaranteed. Many people bought the car without even driving it first and got exactly what they expected.

-edit- I guess the only thing I wouldn't know is exactly how the steering is. The only car I have driven that had any kind of good steering was a 96 miata, so I would have to have it compared to that.

Last edited by fre; Sep 29, 2003 at 11:26 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simply, its the most amazing PERFORMANCE car for under 100-150k$. In that respect, its certainly a little to no-compromises vehicle, just about every expert and magazine can attest (with the exception of Maxim apparently lol). From what I gather however, once you drive it off the lot, you're more or less own your own as far as any problems that may arise, unless you happen to find a very generous dealer.
And certainly don't pay any more than MSRP, any markup can be slashed in about 5 minutes of negotiation.