Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

APR Splitter- installed right?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like that think is off a Mazda Miata.....
Old Jun 3, 2009, 07:56 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joon82
That guy is looking for parts on classified section so I'm sure he got money.
I would call lawyer even if I lose my money.
Sue his *** for fraud and mental disorder(stress,anger,etc) you got from this transaction.

paying illegal alien $ to trash his car is one way

btw what is mod doing? this guy is still active on this forum and looking for parts.
And +23232 on that!!!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

my APR splitter hits things too much and has little mini stress fractures all over it. Its kind of a pain in the *** honestly. And u have to drill holes in your bumper which sucks too!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

It looks like it belongs on a regular lancer. Its a non-wide body splitter like for the lancer. I have an APR splitter for the lancer for sale. Its for the 08+ so it looks different. Ill post a pic when I get home. It's also not a real APR splitter. It should have a metal plate riveted to the rear of the splitter with the APR logo as well as a sticker on the front.

Last edited by AJsGenerX; Jun 3, 2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by EVO8emUp
Did he tell you that it was an APR splitter?
yea he did..

Originally Posted by Domolution
WOW!!!! F%ck that seller.... he can suck a fat one and get a load in the mouth as well. :X
That splitter is probably for a civic and he sold it to you!!! DAMN!!! :X
Send that **** back, get your money back and buy a REAL one that fits properly and functions properly.
haha I love all your **** talk... hes not refunding me ..last time I do business face to face without paypal

Originally Posted by Xearo
my APR splitter hits things too much and has little mini stress fractures all over it. Its kind of a pain in the *** honestly. And u have to drill holes in your bumper which sucks too!
yea after this whole ordeal I would rather have a lip haa
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:14 PM
Account Disabled

You guys don't even know the real story. The kid wanted the splitter, I bought the splitter off pWerks time attack evo. Was told it was a Apr product.

It was NEVER installed. Due to the fact that my car sits low as hell and I dident want it to get ruined so fast (driveways potholes whatever) and I made sure I told him that...he was cool with that. Its not like I sold him NOTHING. I have seen plenty of true scams go down on this site. We did a in person purchase at the ams swap. If he was weary of it not being real or wouldn't fit his car he dident have to buy plain and simple.

Last edited by SpinninAll4s; Jun 3, 2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

how much u sell it to him for?

Id look at it like this - from a totally neutral stand point as I am - what did u sell it to him for?

If you care about your reputation, u shouldnt have let it get this far. Work a deal with the kid that he can agree with. Maybe give him 50% of his money back and let him keep it and do with it as he pleases. Or give him a lil more and take the thing back and try to figure out what it goes to and sell it or just sell it on ebay or something as a universal. Or on craigslist. Im sure theres some ******** rolling in a suzuki aerio that thinks hes driving a rice rocket and would probably love to buy that thing as a universal splitter lol.

Or if you dont care about rep, just lay low for a while and change your account name and try not to let this kid see u lol. I think u probably didnt brake the law but I think maybe you just wanted that splitter out of your hair so u layed the problem on somone else. Ive done the same thing with selling a car that had problems i didnt want to deal with anymore, but this time i think u broke the kids heart

It sounds like u are kind of aggravated with the way he's smearing your name now but I would probably do the same thing lol. YOU could try and give him a hug but i think at this point he just feels screwed!! The way he was offering it back to you in exchange for the money less 20$ means hes willing to work a deal, but I dont think you care about that. I think you might have to live with the bad rep. Its ok - ex president bush has to live with a bad rep in front of the entire nation for the rest of his life - U only have to worry about the Evo community =)
Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:46 PM

I dont have a heart
he broke my wallet since I am a poor kid lol.. he was asking 200 I offered 150.. refused he suggested 175... so it was sold for 175. yea thats exactly what Im thinking.. he knew it wasnt right and looked for a kid to screw over (he picked the wrong kid).. he wont admit that though

yea since he is in my mind, unfair about it I would like to at LEAST work out a deal.

haha Xearo your sucha Dr. Phil lol

Last edited by TTVR-4; Jun 3, 2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:53 PM

if this thing fit right I wouldnt have that big of a problem with it.. it would still work, but the fact that its more narrow than the bumper is the problem.. the holes are drilled in the wrong spots for an evo bumper
(which proves either someone installed it on another car, or installed it wrong)
and I dont like using **** ebay parts on my car!!!
I dont know anyone who does...
Old Jun 4, 2009, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SpinninAll4s
You guys don't even know the real story. The kid wanted the splitter, I bought the splitter off pWerks time attack evo. Was told it was a Apr product.

It was NEVER installed. Due to the fact that my car sits low as hell and I dident want it to get ruined so fast (driveways potholes whatever) and I made sure I told him that...he was cool with that. Its not like I sold him NOTHING. I have seen plenty of true scams go down on this site. We did a in person purchase at the ams swap. If he was weary of it not being real or wouldn't fit his car he dident have to buy plain and simple.
So your admitting that you told him it was an APR Product for an Evo before you sold it to him? Obviously it isnt!!!! Man up and refund the kid his money.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

It has extra holes WTF not cool people these days trying to make a easy buck pshh
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by evo@24psi
So your admitting that you told him it was an APR Product for an Evo before you sold it to him? Obviously it isnt!!!! Man up and refund the kid his money.
thank you

Originally Posted by EVILBLOODBROTHA
It has extra holes WTF not cool people these days trying to make a easy buck pshh
yea it obviously wasnt installed on an evo unless the installer was blind...
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Mite as well change ur username and account now bc after anyone reads this no one will ever want to conduct business with you in the future knowing that you scammed some kid and then refused to eben consider working out a deal with him in which u benefit! Kid shud call a lawyer bc obviously spinningall4s is unwilling to even consider working out a deal in which he is in the wrong. Come on mods let's handle this and end it...username
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

Just throw the splitter through his windshield and call it a day.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 06:50 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Xearo
how much u sell it to him for?

Id look at it like this - from a totally neutral stand point as I am - what did u sell it to him for?

If you care about your reputation, u shouldnt have let it get this far. Work a deal with the kid that he can agree with. Maybe give him 50% of his money back and let him keep it and do with it as he pleases. Or give him a lil more and take the thing back and try to figure out what it goes to and sell it or just sell it on ebay or something as a universal. Or on craigslist. Im sure theres some ******** rolling in a suzuki aerio that thinks hes driving a rice rocket and would probably love to buy that thing as a universal splitter lol.

Or if you dont care about rep, just lay low for a while and change your account name and try not to let this kid see u lol. I think u probably didnt brake the law but I think maybe you just wanted that splitter out of your hair so u layed the problem on somone else. Ive done the same thing with selling a car that had problems i didnt want to deal with anymore, but this time i think u broke the kids heart

It sounds like u are kind of aggravated with the way he's smearing your name now but I would probably do the same thing lol. YOU could try and give him a hug but i think at this point he just feels screwed!! The way he was offering it back to you in exchange for the money less 20$ means hes willing to work a deal, but I dont think you care about that. I think you might have to live with the bad rep. Its ok - ex president bush has to live with a bad rep in front of the entire nation for the rest of his life - U only have to worry about the Evo community =)
. Glad to hear you can view it from both ways. Thank you for that civilized responce. I sold him the splitter for 175 the thing was mint. If I would of known its wasents going to work, Or cause this much unneeded drama I would of never sold it. As far as my reps concerned Yes I could make a new account in 5min, but I'm on here trying to explain the situation.

Quick Reply: APR Splitter- installed right?