Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Import Info

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2009, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Import Info

I am possibly looking to move to the States later this year or possibly start of 2010

I would love to get an Evo 6 over the water as it is really the only Evo I want to have, I wont ship my own over as I will need to sell to fund the move.

Can anyone please advise any info on what regulations there is on the car (ie mods etc) also what the cost's are for registering, etc.

Mic
Old May 5, 2009, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

youd be better off talking to local customs about shipping your own car it will more than likely cheaper than trying to find a nice one and buy it then pay shipping. also depending when your moving too youll have to have the car shipped to port then have a company or your self get it and transport (youll have to have it inpected and insurance if it passes to drive lagit)

box up your car in little peices and have a buddy mail it to you haha
Old May 5, 2009, 05:59 PM

Wish I could take my car over mate but will have to sell it so I will get my mates to find me a clean 6 RS to send over

Will be looking to move to Florida so will need to look into customs there, there just a general organisation that do inspections on the cars o advise if it is fit for the road over there?

Mic
Old May 5, 2009, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hmmm GOOD luck with getting that car titled for the road. Cant be done legally. You can make it a track car but to run it on public roads dont think so good luck with that.
Old May 5, 2009, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
hmmm GOOD luck with getting that car titled for the road. Cant be done legally. You can make it a track car but to run it on public roads dont think so good luck with that.

on the contrary a buddy of mine and my self drove out to cali to pick up a right hand drive integra, drove it back, and he has a ky title on it lagit to drive on the road. he had to talk to the dmv and got all the info about a Kentucky numbered vehicle.

took him about 4 months to get it but if you take the time to do it right youll get it legal.

or buy a title off some one with a good vin

either way you can get it on the road. id do it legal tho
Old May 5, 2009, 06:35 PM

I wouldn't do it if it wasn't going to be Illegal at all, no point in running the risk to cause problems or unwanted attention from the Police.

Will look back in my post's of the pictures of my 6 as i'm sure someone mentioned that there was a 6 in the States.

Mic
Old May 5, 2009, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
best bet is to mail it in peices, doors, fenders, motor, tranny, shipping it in peices is gonna cost u less than paying all those fee's

as much as your paying, u could buy a new X
Old May 5, 2009, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

It's possible to do, but not easy. There's quite a few people who have some already in the states.
Old May 5, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

First talk to customs and find out the process to get the car over here. Then once you know what the deal is to get it here, speak with the states dmv where you plan on living. Once you have that info you should be able to make a decision whether you want to get it over here or not. There are plenty of imported vehicles driving around. I can think of 10 Skylines within a 50 square mile radius of me. I'm not exactly sure of the details on each car, but I know 5 of them are driven regularly and one guy I know personally has been pulled over on more than 2 occasions.