Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Two guys, two mods, and a tune... in the 11's

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any idea as to how does this clutch rates versus an Exedy Twin-HD, both in power handling capability and pedal effort?

l8r)
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr. Indyevo, can you explain the push vs. pull style clutch and why folks have the issue with the pull type, please?
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:50 PM
Account Disabled

Wow amazing becareful people might ask you to start tunning there cars
Old Jun 21, 2009, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

im doing pretty much the same exact thing, minus the trips to the track...

i have a buschur intake pipe, perrin intake filter, hallman RXpro MBC, and im tuned to spike 25psi, and hold 22... im also using an N2MB WOT box, which gives me no-lift to shift, proven to cut 3/10ths of a second on a bone stock SRT-4, and 6/10ths on a big turbo SRT... and my clutch just started slipping as well... except im going with the exedy twin disc... im really interested to see what you guys come up with !!!!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Glad to hear the QM showed up

When's the next outting?
Old Jun 22, 2009, 05:11 PM
Former Sponsor

After we get 9sec9's car back to him we will be back to the track. Thanks, Indy

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jun 22, 2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 09:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Tonight we had 9sec9's chassis certified by the NHRA to run to an 8.50 ET, we have also updated all the safety equipment to meet or exceed current standards. The tin work and final assembly will be completed over the next week and then it will be ready for delivery.

When 9sec9 comes to town, we hope to get a couple of track days in to establish a new baseline with the Quarter Master clutch, try some additional 9sec9 tweeks to the tune, and then install the MIL.SPEC 100 cell cat. There will be plenty happening in the month of July so keep checking back for updates. Indy

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jun 24, 2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by scarface2jz
im doing pretty much the same exact thing, minus the trips to the track...

i have a buschur intake pipe, perrin intake filter, hallman RXpro MBC, and im tuned to spike 25psi, and hold 22... im also using an N2MB WOT box, which gives me no-lift to shift, proven to cut 3/10ths of a second on a bone stock SRT-4, and 6/10ths on a big turbo SRT... and my clutch just started slipping as well... except im going with the exedy twin disc... im really interested to see what you guys come up with !!!!
FYI you can do no-lift-to-shift with a simple ROM swap in your stock ECU. No need for extra boxes.

Indy, are you using a NLTS Tephra ROM?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 09:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jid2
FYI you can do no-lift-to-shift with a simple ROM swap in your stock ECU. No need for extra boxes.

No, 9sec9 found a set up that works for the way I drive, but we plan to try NLTS in the future.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 03:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
Any idea as to how does this clutch rates versus an Exedy Twin-HD, both in power handling capability and pedal effort?

l8r)
I considered both, but in the end I gave up creature comfort for what I believe to be the most bulletproof set up for my application. The Exedy Twin HD would work on most of the true daily driven street cars, and should be very reliable with Turbo Trix's fork stop.

In my case we go to the track two to three times a week, and the past two months we put more passes on the car than most race cars. We can't afford to be down due to a driveline failure with the test schedule we have, so I gave up comfort (noise) for reliability (HTB). As for exact clamping loads the manufactures and vendors have that information on their sites. For pedal feel that would be up the individual what they would consider acceptable.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 03:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MOREPSiTEHBETT4
Mr. Indyevo, can you explain the push vs. pull style clutch and why folks have the issue with the pull type, please?
The push style (Tilton, Quarter Master, and the AMS Exedy conversion) all use a hydraulic throw out bearing that mounts to the transmission case with an integrated bearing.

The stock clutch, or pull style uses a bearing assembly attached to a clutch fork that pivots away from the clutch assembly.

I have not experienced clip failure as I was still running the stock clutch to this point. After talking with 9sec9 the only time he had a clip break was during a NLTS run in the OXIX car. I'm sure there are plenty of threads with information you are looking for.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jid2

yes, i am familiar with the tephra mod, it also gets the SES light to flash with knock count... but the WOT box works in a slightly different fashion to hold boost better through the shifts, i have been in a car with the patch and it doesnt feel the same, this one holds higher boost through the shift, and doesnt require a laptop to tune...
Old Jun 25, 2009, 06:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by scarface2jz
yes, i am familiar with the tephra mod, it also gets the SES light to flash with knock count... but the WOT box works in a slightly different fashion to hold boost better through the shifts, i have been in a car with the patch and it doesnt feel the same, this one holds higher boost through the shift, and doesnt require a laptop to tune...
9sec9's tune holds boost just fine between shifts, that's the reason we have not tried the NLTS patch. After reviewing the logs we did not see an advantage at this time, but we will look at it in the future to see if there is anything there.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jun 26, 2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

I cant seem to find a really solid answer in general but for the car whats the weight with driver or have you not weighed it?

Im just trying to compare rs (yours or not) to my car. Which is currently 3350 with me.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
just to let u know i weighed my RS with 3/4 tank of gas, spare and jack in the trunk and me in it was 3380. the scale had me at 180 lol. i need to lose some weight lol. i remember weighing my car at a 1/4 tank of gas and it was 3180ish

Quick Reply: Two guys, two mods, and a tune... in the 11's