Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Prosport Boost gauge is reading 24psi?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 04:57 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by srcevo8
My defi boost gauge reads about 1.5-2 lbs high.
Yeah, we see this alot but where's all the "My Defi Boost Gauge is reading high" threads?? not too many of those, is it because no one is listening? or that no one want to admit that they paid all that money and getting the same results as gauges 1/3 the price?
I think the main difference (besides the price) is that Prosport Inc. is accessible. Try giving Defi a call and let me know how that works out for you..

We are available on the forums, email, phone, etc.. for everyone to ask questions, give us suggestions, tech support, etc.

If you think your gauges are not reading correct, give us a call we will work with you until the problem is solved, regardless if it is installation problems, burnt wires, leaks, improper grounds, shipping damage, incorrect wiring and yes even defective parts.

We stand behind everything we manufacture.

Side note: EvojoiX- I especially liked your comment "you get what you pay for"
That could not be further from the truth as we are manufacturers and thus make many other gauges and in some cases have seen people compare prosport to other brands we make and call one better than the other, when in fact they are exactly the same.
Many times what you are paying for is "branding" ie advertising. All gauges cost about the same to make (within reason) We will put our premium series gauges against Defi anytime. It has been done many times already.
Give IA performance a call in AZ. They do not sell our gauges- but tested them against defi on their dyno and ours were more accurate.
Maybe your gauge was defective, damaged, incorrectly installed- did you call us for help? Let us help you to get your gauge working properly.
Old May 13, 2009, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Prosport Gauges
Yeah, we see this alot but where's all the "My Defi Boost Gauge is reading high" threads?? not too many of those, is it because no one is listening? or that no one want to admit that they paid all that money and getting the same results as gauges 1/3 the price?
I think the main difference (besides the price) is that Prosport Inc. is accessible. Try giving Defi a call and let me know how that works out for you..

We are available on the forums, email, phone, etc.. for everyone to ask questions, give us suggestions, tech support, etc.

If you think your gauges are not reading correct, give us a call we will work with you until the problem is solved, regardless if it is installation problems, burnt wires, leaks, improper grounds, shipping damage, incorrect wiring and yes even defective parts.

We stand behind everything we manufacture.

Side note: EvojoiX- I especially liked your comment "you get what you pay for"
That could not be further from the truth as we are manufacturers and thus make many other gauges and in some cases have seen people compare prosport to other brands we make and call one better than the other, when in fact they are exactly the same.
Many times what you are paying for is "branding" ie advertising. All gauges cost about the same to make (within reason) We will put our premium series gauges against Defi anytime. It has been done many times already.
Give IA performance a call in AZ. They do not sell our gauges- but tested them against defi on their dyno and ours were more accurate.
Maybe your gauge was defective, damaged, incorrectly installed- did you call us for help? Let us help you to get your gauge working properly.

Funny this thread came up because I just had a Prosport Boost and Oil Pressure gauge installed yesterday and I have to say they work (and look) great. For the money, I don't think you can get a better set up IMO. Keep up the good work Prosport
Old May 13, 2009, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tvieira24
Just cause you're tuned for 28 psi doesn't mean your car will always be at 28psi. As previously mentioned there are many variables involved and you can't assume the gauge is inaccurate without using the proper instruments to prove your assumption.
oh really??

trust me the mechanical boost guages are garbage....its as simple as is....you get what you pay for.

i was tuned for 28psi.....the dyno read my car at 28psi.

i pull my car off the dyno and drive it, my boost guage doesnt go past 25psi.....explain please??

the guage has always been off since day 1

Last edited by EvoDom; May 14, 2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old May 13, 2009, 06:42 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tvieira24
Just cause you're tuned for 28 psi doesn't mean your car will always be at 28psi. As previously mentioned there are many variables involved and you can't assume the gauge is inaccurate without using the proper instruments to prove your assumption.

Perfectly said. If my car was tuned at 28psi and it boosted that every time i got on it, that would be a miracle
Old May 13, 2009, 06:47 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoDom
oh really??

trust me the guages are garbage....its as simple as is....you get what you pay for.

i pull my car off the dyno and drive it, my boost guage doesnt go past 25psi.....explain please??

Maybe the Dyno was off. We have seen this before, every dyno is different. Everything has a degree of tollerance and I am sure that a different dyno may show different numbers. So maybe the dyno is off. What exactly was measuring boost pressure??? were do you have the T fitting located at on the boost source, PLEASE dont tell me the BOV???

Fingers crossed!!!!

Ryan
727-572-9011

Last edited by Prosport Gauges; May 13, 2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old May 13, 2009, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

I really like my Prosport Gauges. I've had the Boost gauge and now I have the Oil pressure, Oil Temp, Water Temp gauges and I am very pleased with them. Worth every penny and more.
Old May 13, 2009, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

In general, it would be nice if all manufacturers would include a calibration certificate with every gauge they sell.
Old May 13, 2009, 08:57 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evotech8
In general, it would be nice if all manufacturers would include a calibration certificate with every gauge they sell.
I wonder if that would solve anything though. Don't get me wrong, I like to see calibration certificates myself but it sounds like ProSport has great customer service so I wouldn't worry about it.

I've been very impressed with my boost gauge since the day I bought it. I'm so glad there are people out there that still believe that "You get what you pay for" applies to any and every type of product in the market. It only makes me feel better that I've spent 1/3 the price and got the same if not better quality.
Old May 13, 2009, 11:48 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoDom
oh really??

We would be happy to explain it and help you, give us a call so we can work with you to get the most accurate reading you can.

727-572-9011 M-F 9-5est.
Old May 13, 2009, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WOW!! Sorry I havnt checked back up on this guys. I has tons of replies now! LOL Anyway, I have a hallman pro boost controller on the car. The only thing I can think of as far as higher boost, would be cause I basically have no donut gasket and it is leaking like crazy from there. Its kinda like almost running open exhaust a bit.

I just turned it down to 19-20psi. I just dont understand where the higher boost was coming from. I was so excited to get the boost back up cause I turned it down to 17psi(according to the stewart warner gauge) before and was looking foward to getting it back to 20psi.

The thing I dont get, is, all this time I was running without boost gauge and thought I was a 17psi, but really was running 24psi(according to prosport boost gauge) and I never had any problems.

24psi is a bit much for a basically stock car, except 3"tbe, boost controller and HKS intake!

I figured 20psi is about the safe limit for a moderately stock car, correct?

The gauge I have is the Mechanical prosport boost! They look awesome by the way!!
Old May 14, 2009, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Prosport Gauges
We would be happy to explain it and help you, give us a call so we can work with you to get the most accurate reading you can.

727-572-9011 M-F 9-5est.
its not the dyno i was on.....the dyno is dead on....some gauges were reading high like a defi read 1psi higher then what the dyno said.

mine read 2-3psi lower.....the only gauge that was close was Stewart Warner.

i love the look of the gauges but sometimes the needle sticks in Vacuum and right before 0.

and i really need a good boost gauge and everyone reccomended ProSport so i gave it a shot.....Maybe i got a bad batch!

whatever it is it bothers me because i need to guess what boost range im in.
Old May 14, 2009, 06:48 AM
Account Disabled

anything is possible, so give us a call to discuss..
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:17 PM

Hi, i have 2 electronic premium series prosport gauges on my Evo8, a Boost and Fuel Pressure gauge, the boost gauge had a problem after using it for 2 month, claim the warranty and was replace it for new one, but it always measure 15.5 PSI max boost never measure more than that.
So i'm wondering if the gauge is accurate or not, the altitude where i live is 4,897ft.
Also want to know if the installation is correct, i used EVO Motorsports web site to guide me to install the boost sensor.
http://evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tPa...b60864cb0b2805
Old Jun 12, 2009, 04:26 AM

I too believe that there are too many variables involved if the gauge is off by 1-2 psi any bigger diff and you should consider if you installed it right or if the gauge is broken
Old Jun 15, 2009, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by lilevil
I too believe that there are too many variables involved if the gauge is off by 1-2 psi any bigger diff and you should consider if you installed it right or if the gauge is broken
Thanks for the reply, so is normal the gauge is off by 1-2 psi, the altitude could be one of the variables involved? the installation i took from the website is the correct procedure?
Any suggestion from Prosport Gauges experts?

Quick Reply: Prosport Boost gauge is reading 24psi?