Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My complaint to BBB

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2003, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sure thought they were going to be more help.......

Oh well, Mitsu is "supposed" to be getting back to me this week..lets see this is thursday so I'll hear from them 2 weeks from next friday (maybe) if they get the time......
Old Oct 2, 2003, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

This kind of problems are making me re-evaluate buying an Evo... or any other mitsubishi product for that matter
Old Oct 2, 2003, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by FlatSixTurbo
This kind of problems are making me re-evaluate buying an Evo... or any other mitsubishi product for that matter
If it makes you feel any better about buying one, I have no problems with my car, dealer, or mistu for that matter.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

I live in a city with only one Mitsu dealer. Lucky I got one that is great to work with. Reasonable on warranty work on modded vehicles (My eclipse had all kinds of mods, and they did not reject warranty on anything, just because it was modified.) It helps that the owner is an enthusiast, and was asking when I traded in my eclipse, if I had plans right away for the evo.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 06:40 AM
DGS
Evolving Member

The BBB isn't "The Masked Avenger". It's mostly a bookkeeping operation.

The BBB web sites list unresolved complaints against businesses. Not all unresolved complaints are reasonable, and BBB can only track the reported complaints. But "didn't respond" goes into the stats for that dealer.

A clean report from BBB doesn't mean a business is "safe", and no report is conclusive. It's just a data point to take into account before selecting a dealer -- if you have a selection to make.

Re: "Only" three dealers around? There aren't all that many around here, without a long gridlocked drive. But even if you have only two, you can do better than just flipping a coin.

The Mitsu US dealer network was in the "minus" column for the EVO. But, in these parts, the Scooby dealers aren't any better. If I lived somewhere else, I might have made a different choice. (There were five cars on my "short list")

But even "the best car" isn't much fun, if you can't keep it running. That's why "the best car" varies from individual to individual.