Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Babies and evos...

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2009, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah for sure
Old May 25, 2009, 02:57 AM
Evolving Member

I bought mine when i my daughter was 4 months, she's going on 2 now and she loves it and always has. She gets excited when i go into boost lol. Its funny as s***.
Old May 25, 2009, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When my daughter was a newborn the only thing that would put her to sleep was taking her for a ride in the Evo VIII. A year and a half later got the Evo IX and put the same exhaust on it (Buschur bullet). I sold the VIII to a guy that lived up the street from my babysitter. Whenever he drove by my daughter would run to the door thinking it was me coming to pick her up. She turned 4 in February and I just got back from Afghanistan. I asked her if she wanted to go for a ride in the Evo and she gave a big smile and said yes. It is very rare if she makes it past 4 miles before being out cold.

Last edited by alicea8541; May 25, 2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old May 25, 2009, 05:52 AM
Account Disabled

My son was in my car at 5wks. old with my wife in the back to keep an eye on him. I think he likes the drone of my exhaust as well. The only thing that I have to keep in mind is the cornering. My wife commented about how hard I was taking corners in the Evo and that the babies head was moving back and forth......he does have one of those Neck/Head braces though. It's funny because I don't take corners hard like some idiot who thinks he has a fast car, I just seem to take them a little harder than the wife's 07' RDX.
Old May 25, 2009, 04:39 PM

My son is almost 2 and he loves my car more than i do. Every time i take him out that car puts him to sleep.
Old May 25, 2009, 04:43 PM

Car is usually louder outside than in, but it still can be loud. Maybe add a resonator?
Old May 25, 2009, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Get a quieter exhaust until he is about two. Then put the loud one back on. Any doctor is going to tell you to put a factory one back on if you ask them. Bad thing about Docs, they may report you to social services for neglect even if their suspicion is unsubstantiated.
Old May 25, 2009, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

You guys are pansies....LOL. My son rode in my Integra Type R with full Apex i iTR N1 exhaust and full Apex i N1 coilovers and polymounts everywhere. He loved it. i would take him out late at night when he wouldn't go to sleep and was terrorizing my wife. The vibration combined with the noise would drop that kid in 2 minutes.

He goes to sleep, my wife gets to sleep and I got drive my car, win win for everyone.

My daughter loves modified cars and going fast. She always wanted to ride with me around the neighbourhood on my crotch rocket.
Old May 25, 2009, 08:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Just run the stock catback and an electric cutout in the testpipe... Gives you the option of super loud or super quiet.

Cheers!
Old May 25, 2009, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My son has ridden in my Evo for nearly 3 years. He will be 3 in a few months. He absolutly loves it. The car is loud outside so when he is in the car I usually keep the windows up. I also reinstalled all of the trunk lining just to quiet it down a bit more.

Now that my son is talking more, I ask him what daddys car does, he says really loudly..."VROOM, PSSSHHH".

When the wife and I have to go places.....our boy picks "daddy car" most of the time.

As long as your car is safe (with a properly mounted car seat), you don't drive like an idiot, and you keep your windows up (for noise reduction), your child will be just fine.

Paul
Old May 25, 2009, 09:52 PM

Jesus Christ, how loud are your Evo's that you are worried about damaging your little ones hearing? That's gotta be bordering on obnoxious.

My son loved (loves) mine. Put him to sleep. There were nights he wouldn't go to sleep I'd take him out in the car drive around the block a couple times and he zonk out.

The hardest part about having kids and an Evo is keeping it clean. >.< Other than that though, its a great car for the sports car loving dad with a family.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

My son is almost 4 now he's been riding the evo since
i took him home from the hospital. And he's loving the
the ride every single time. specially when the evo ripped
corners he'll like "weeeee!"
Old May 25, 2009, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

I dont have a kid, but I do have a dog that goes nuts over any noise. I drive her around in both my EVO and ES. The EVO has a Trust TBE (custom) and my ES has a custom exhaust with no muffler (cat and resonator only). She isn't bothered by either. She actually falls asleep. However my girlfriends Explorer has a Flowmaster 40 series, and when she gets past 3000RPM, Hemi (my dog) starts whining and pacing on the back seat.
Old May 25, 2009, 11:06 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by xxblazexx
i think the exhaust sounds puts them to sleep..l always have my sisters baby in my car
haha i agree
Old May 26, 2009, 06:54 AM

My girlfriend is almost 14 weeks pregnant and I'm already telling her the baby is gonna want to ride in the evo rather then her car and she gets pissed haha! I'm still running the stock exhaust but I'm upgrading to the AMS tbe soon but I think the drone puts them to sleep. Hell if only they made white noise machines for us guys that had selections like "Dragstrip" or "Idle turbo flutter"... Ahh we can dream...

Quick Reply: Babies and evos...