Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Babies and evos...

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would worry only about the sound, put the stock exhaust on for a while. Done, or let your wife drive your evo and you use the Suv. I also know few people with babies and Evo's its weird because they fall asleep very quick in the car.

Last edited by tweakdsm; May 26, 2009 at 07:02 AM.
Old May 26, 2009, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first off congratulations bud.....second....my evo is fu@king loud! and i take my 20 month old nephew in my car all the time with his baby seat.

he loves it....off course he is a little older but it dont bother him.

i did have him in it to when he was 14 months and didnt bother him at all he actully fell asleep haha

it depends on the child to.
Old May 26, 2009, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xxblazexx
i think the exhaust sounds puts them to sleep..l always have my sisters baby in my car
Same here out like a lite after five mins in the loud evo.....she likes the rumble....good girl
Old May 26, 2009, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
well, I have an evo as my dd, stock exhaust but I have Tein springs. I wanted to wait until bebe boi was a year old and had the neck muscles developed before riding in the bouncy evo. now he loves it. When I get into boost he laughs and smiles. I spoke with my dad and I used to do the same thing when I rode in my dad's old Mustang so like father like son I guess.

On a side note, the evo came in really handy when we found out that my son has a severe peanut allergy. We had to rush him to the hospital, I couldn't wait for an ambulance and I drove the wheels off the evo to get him to the ER. Got pulled at "ludicrous speed" but the cop took 1 look at my son and let me go.
Old May 26, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

if anything, swap out the testpipe for a cat. should quiet it down.

or put a qtp dp on and the stock cat back. your car will be quiet till you hit the switch!!!
Old May 26, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, I have 2 litttle girls 2 and 4. They LOVE my car. Everytime we go to leave its can we take daddy's car, and they literally get pissed when we don't. Now a week ago last friday we had a little boy, i haven't had him in my car yet and my only concern is being careful accelerating cause he can't hold his head up very well yet. But if he is anything like my girls they fall asleep in the back of the car on long trips.

STevo
Old May 26, 2009, 12:54 PM

I Have a little girl she is 9 months old now and she almost always falls asleep in the car. I think that having a child in an evo is just like anyother car depending how you are driving that day. As long as you arent doiong anything out of the ordinary then it should be fine even with a loud TBE
Old May 26, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We have a 15 month old girl and every time she's been in the car it puts her to sleep after a few minutes. The rough ride over bumps don't wake her up. Unless you've stripped the car to a bare shell and have the DP terminating right into the rear open window, I can't see how the sound of the exhaust could be damaging to a young 'uns' ears.
Old May 26, 2009, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

My kids love and grown up to love the deep loud sound. Puts them to sleep, and then when i get on it they get all stoked. My boy going to be all about the cars when from now and tell he older. It will be our father son bonding activities
Old May 26, 2009, 01:33 PM

the little guy should learn to deal with it think about it hes gonna be an original jdm baby lolz then when he gets older hell have a story to tell his jdm kids ya diGg lolz nah but umm ear plugs anyone???
Old May 26, 2009, 01:38 PM

CONGRATS!!! I am a mom and the evo is my dd. My evo is also modded and very loud and it has never seemed to bother my daughter at all. Like others have said if anything it puts her to sleep. I dont know if you have heard this but they say that if babies are around loud noises from the get go they will be used to it and not even bother them. I personally wouldnt bother changing out exhaust just for fear of it bothering baby. JMO..but to each his own!
Old May 26, 2009, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

umm, i dont think the noise will bother him. I've read on here before that as soon as the evo starts up, it seems to sooth the baby to sleep.. My 2week old wakes up on the 5min trip to walmart in wifeys lancer.. drove her 2 hours away to get tuned this weekend and she was passed out the whole time lol... shes too little for my recaro tho, so we use the graco babyseat/stroller thing right now..
Old May 26, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fmly evo
Ok, I have 2 litttle girls 2 and 4. They LOVE my car. Everytime we go to leave its can we take daddy's car, and they literally get pissed when we don't. Now a week ago last friday we had a little boy, i haven't had him in my car yet and my only concern is being careful accelerating cause he can't hold his head up very well yet. But if he is anything like my girls they fall asleep in the back of the car on long trips.

STevo

LOL thats hilarious! but Ya i drive worse than a grandma with my newborn... it sucked cuz i had to drive 160miles back home from gettin a tune with her in the car and didnt get to play!
Old May 27, 2009, 03:32 PM

my niece and baby sister always fall asleep riding in the car so i dont think itll really bother them i think it actually mellows them out
Old May 27, 2009, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 2yr old and a 6mo old. They both sleep like champs in the evo.

The stiff suspension actually helps them fall asleep.

Quick Reply: Babies and evos...