Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Babies and evos...

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2009, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 8 month old baby daughter LOVES riding in the Evo, she falls asleep in it faster than riding in our family SUV. I have yet to get that recaro carseat for her once she grows a little older. :-)
Old May 28, 2009, 07:02 AM

Interesting thread gotta convince my wife the Evo makes a good car for the baby.
Old May 28, 2009, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

your kid will not even notice the noise if he/she rides in the evo at early age.
If you are really worried about the noise might effect your baby, then throw the stock cat-back on, you'll only lose about 10hp, it's not like you need go all out w/ a baby in the car.
Old May 28, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sold my evo because of my new born.
I didn't feel the evo was safe enough ( 600whp, cage, coilovers, 19'' rims, loud exhaust)
Now she gets to ride around in an air ride suspension AMG benz.
Old May 28, 2009, 07:53 AM

This is great news for me. I've got a week old son that I was so worried about riding in the evo I've been thinking about selling it. But after reading through this thread it seems most little ones just pass out while in the evo and really enjoy riding in them! Again, great news for me!!!!
Old May 28, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Lol, the guy that built my car had a 42R setup with the wastegate through the hood like mine, and his kids rode in it.

My wife and I are trying for a kid.
I snatched one of the Recaro seats that never made it out of the factory before it was recalled and corrected. It sits a bit high in the evo, but to hell with it, it's an effin recaro. I was just bummed they didn't make a black and blue to match my interior.

I've already put my foot down that the first car my kid rides in WILL be the evo. period. I may put another muffler or a resonator on mine, just to kill the drone on the interstate, and run an electric cutout.

Really, it doesn't get loud right now until my wategate opens up, but if it's cracking, I'll be more worried about the acceleration affecting the kid more than the noise
Old May 28, 2009, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

5 minutes in the EVO and my boy is out like a light. Babies like the noise & vibration, reminds them of the womb.
Old May 28, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EBEVOIX
This is great news for me. I've got a week old son that I was so worried about riding in the evo I've been thinking about selling it. But after reading through this thread it seems most little ones just pass out while in the evo and really enjoy riding in them! Again, great news for me!!!!
You're gonna be surprised of how slow and "granny" like ur gonna drive with him in it and the amazing gas mileage! and the peace n quiet of a sound asleep baby!
Old May 28, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Does it hurt your ears at all? If not, I'd say you're totally fine. If so, you're an idiot.

Our S2000 was too loud for my dad and I (our ears would hurt after a 10 min drive on the freeway) but it was also a straight back piped Honda with a SC. I have never heard an Evo that loud, even track ones.
Old May 29, 2009, 04:59 PM

Congrats on your little one. I have 3 girls ages 7, 4, and 1 and all have been raised with me having a modified car. The exhaust tone usually puts them asleep, as does the vibration. Usually my car is loud at wot, however it doesn't usually see WOT with them in the car to begin with. Your baby should be ok, it'll get them started young. My oldest and my 4 year old already have the bug, and it wont be long til my baby gets bitten by it too. What else could you ask for, you have a 4 door family car! Good luck

Last edited by Houston_Evo8; May 29, 2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old May 29, 2009, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Two words: Ear Plugs.
Old May 29, 2009, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

I dont think its a problem babies will knock out.my problem i have now is that my boys hate riding in minivan because its slow.i guess the mean its quiet because i drive same speed in van as in evo when im with them.
Old May 29, 2009, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

definitely use a silencer for the exhaust, helps A LOT!
should not be too loud after that. stiff ride and vibrations arn't too big of a health concern for babies.
Old May 31, 2009, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi all,

I DD my Evo 8. It's mildly modded, and I've driven my daughter to day care every day (she's now 5). She likes it. She asks for a quick acceleration run all the time, lol.

You should be fine unless you're car is super extreme, like the guy who had the cage and 600 HP, heh.

We had the Peg Perego infant seat, and the Britax since then, both have been great.

Congrats!

FB
Old Jun 3, 2009, 04:32 AM

I'm sure your neighbors and everyone else's for that matter has an opinion about how to raise your kid... ha

Quick Reply: Babies and evos...