Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Babies and evos...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my kid loves it from day 1. drove to the hospital in the evo and took newborn home in the evo. and i also have the recaro baby seat too and its pretty nice. he is almost 2 now and loves when the boost kicks 26psi. and he also likes to help daddy work on the car too!. congrats man.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prest0
WARNING

Not sure it was mentioned here, but the Evo 9 suspension is suited to the little peoplel, I understand the Evo 8 setup will harm or damage babies, I'm guessing 4 and under? The ride is too jarring to their developing skeletons and maybe brain development too. No joke folks.

I had N1 suspension on my ITR and Hybrid and my son was fine.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're asking a bunch of guys on a car forum for opinions on what's safe for your child? That's great if you're only looking for useless opinions, but why not ask a pediatrician?

Any pediatricians on this site? If so, speak up.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

to the guy talking about hard suspension... guess what, strollers have no suspension, my girl practically bounces out of the damn stroller when we go place(yes shes strapped in im just making my point).. evos are the best baby car woohoo! cant wait for her to get older to appreciate it haha
Old Jun 28, 2009, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

As long as the money is there keep the evo for your personal use. Your wife's suv is the way to go
Old Jun 28, 2009, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

I've got a baby coming in December. I already bought a Recaro young sport baby seat ready to go for when the baby is big enough to fit

I have the Buschur bullet TBE (w/ HFC) on my car. As long as the back windows are up, it's not too bad inside the car. I might see if I can put some sound deadening material in the trunk to see if it helps.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

didn't even have to adjust my seats..

carseat fits better in my car that it does in my gf's galant to my surprise
Old Jun 29, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MrMeaner
You're asking a bunch of guys on a car forum for opinions on what's safe for your child? That's great if you're only looking for useless opinions, but why not ask a pediatrician?

Any pediatricians on this site? If so, speak up.
Anyone know a pediatrician who owns an evo? Lulz.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 03:33 PM

If you have safety concerns then by maybe you should just park the evo, i have a evo 5 and a 6month old and a 3year old, all is well with me, car was a lil loud, just put a silencer on my exhaust and all is well with me
Old Jun 30, 2009, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kids love riding in Evo

I have two year old twins, and I have been carting them around in the Evo since they were born.

Simply for comfort sake, we take the wife's SUV if we're going on a longer trip, but I don't hesitate to strap them into the Evo.

Agreed, the side-impact crash ratings of the Evo aren't the greatest, but the Recaro Young Sport child seats (which I have BTW) have great side impact ratings.

As for noise, or hurting your kids because of the ride, come on, people. My car has a RS*R catback with HFC, OK, so it's one of the more quiet setups, but how loud are some of your exhausts?

And I live in Michigan (potholes, anyone?), and my kids don't have any problem with the ride quality. Have you ever taken them for a ride down the sidewalk in a wagon, or bounced them on your knee? I think they actually enjoy the stiffer ride.

Finally, the Evo is just a car, guys. It may be a little louder or ride a little stiffer than most cars, but I don't think you're going to hurt your kids taking them for a ride, as long as they are in a quality car seat. It's not a Top Fuel funny car.

Remember, those side-impact ratings are always getting tougher...........meaning just a few years ago, what may have been a 5 may be a 2 now, due to the tougher government requirements. So a 10 year old Buick may be even worse than your Evo.

Bottom line, don't hesitate to put your kids in the Evo. Keep your head screwed on straight when you drive (duh), and invest in a quality car seat.

Cheers!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

I say no. As someone pointed out before. Your hearing it excellent when you're younger and it gets worst as you age. Being a kid with a loud exhaust probably hurts their ears like no other. Yeah I bet they get sleepy from the vibration but I don't think I'd take my kid in a muffler/cat free car (if I had one).
Old Jul 1, 2009, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

When I had my ITR I had a baby on board sign in the back.....I used to get the most confused looks from people. It was hilarious.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by prest0
WARNING

Not sure it was mentioned here, but the Evo 9 suspension is suited to the little peoplel, I understand the Evo 8 setup will harm or damage babies, I'm guessing 4 and under? The ride is too jarring to their developing skeletons and maybe brain development too. No joke folks.
This is hilarious.... Can I see some proof about EVO 8'S damaging baby's skeletons and brains?
Old Jul 1, 2009, 04:31 PM

I am a social worker who hauls kids around in my evo all the time. Most admittedly are old enough to love it. The younger ones tend to fall asleep as mentioned, but mine isnt that loud inside. Just keep your foot out of it when you have a kid in it, for more reasons than the noise.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by [GBU]Moon
didn't even have to adjust my seats..

carseat fits better in my car that it does in my gf's galant to my surprise
*** UPDATE ***
My son is surviving the Evo just fine, we just found out we've got #2 on the way! Good thing Evo is a 4-door Back of my passenger seat could use a good cleaning on a daily basis but other than that, he LOVES when I boost and cheers whenever I pass someone. Great co-pilot.

Babies and evos...-1mxqold.jpg

Last edited by [GBU]Moon; Apr 13, 2014 at 11:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Babies and evos...