Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Noob question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2003, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Noob question

About 3 months ago I test drove an evo and fell in love with it. Since then I've been reading posts off evolutionm for months and finally decided to join. I am at a point where I really just want to save up and put down like 20k+ on it, which will take like 4 or 5 months. Anyways I checked on the site to see if the dealer was on the boycott list or on the msrp list and it was on neither. So I figured I'd check it out. After I drove it the salesman brought another guy in to talk about all the finances. He told me it was going to be 36,812 and he was going to give me a deal by taking 4k off so it would be 32,800 + tax and tags. Plus he told me, which I didn't believe, that this year's model is not the evolution 8 but is just the evo and that the evolution 8, which may come out in June or July will have more horsepower and torque. I decided to wait on it because I knew I could get a better deal and I thought he was lying about the whole evolution 8 thing. So I'm set on saving but my questions are:

1. Does anyone know or have any guesses on when the 04's are going to come out and if they will have any significant changes?

2. What is a price that I shouldn't pass up? In other words, even though I want to save, if I see the car in the color I want at what price should I just get it?

3. Oh and lastly I've looked on a few "car information sites" and they for instance edmunds.com says the msrp is 30,812 and the mitsu website says it is 29,812. Which is right?

Thanks everyone
Old Oct 3, 2003, 06:54 AM

i can't really help u with ur 3 ?s, but all i have to suggest is go bargain for a drive out price. don't worry about the prices he quotes u before tax and tags.. u name your price and he can do the math to figure out what he should be charging u. the figure that i keep hearing is anywhere from 29k to 31k drive out after tax and all that other junk..
Old Oct 3, 2003, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

1) I think Fireball is a salesman, and he mentioned '04's are coming w/o any changes. You can search for more threads. So you won't see a difference between '03 vs '04.

2)Anything near invoice ($28-29K) you can't pass up. You can probably get a great deal on the end of Dec or Jan when sales are slow.

3) $30812 is MSRP including destination charge, high wing, and sunroof. Mitsu website lists w/ low wing and destination charge.

Don't pay any higher than MSRP! Good luck .
Old Oct 3, 2003, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the quick replies. Someone mentioned in south jersey somewhere they are offering evo's for 1000 under msrp up until the 15th and I was gonna probably check it out. I'm set on a color that the dealer had up here. So if they don't have it I'm gonna see if the dealer up here will go that low. I'll keep everyone posted if they give me a good deal.

Thanks again everyone!
Old Oct 3, 2003, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

the important thing is to buy it when you feel comfortable, not when the dealer says you sre comfortable (with the price). If you aren't ha[[y, walk out and find another dealership. Chances are that they will call you in a day or two with a better offer unless you have already said something about how "good" the price is, then they'll just milk you for all you're worth
Old Oct 3, 2003, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Just thought I'd repost this to see if i can any more opinions.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

any other opinions?
Old Oct 3, 2003, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

the 30,812 is with carbon fiber spoiler and sunroof. The 29,812 I believe is without, but i believe most dealerships are willing to sell for less than both those prices. i know some dealer posted the other day in a forum that he's selling evo's for invoice, and he will deliver. try searching. Goodluck.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

found it, but he is in indiana... someone was sayin 1000 under msrp so i figure 29812 and i'll milk the graduation thing... hopefully get him down to 28 - 29.