Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Stolen! Totaled! Help.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah. Don't feel too bad. If the insurance doesn't go after those ******, hire a lawyer.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My insurance company has always been good to me. I have had 2 civics stolen from me and both were considered total loss, I got the high end of blue book value for both.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:31 PM

It happened in Silver Spring..a lawyer sounds pretty good..im going to contact the court house and start making calls. What happened to me was not cool at all and i hope it happens to nobody else.

My whole family is thankful that the outcome was like this because it could've ended a lot worse. I hope they all become the new jail house toy! I hope there's a lawyer that would really help me..everytime i go outside and see some dude with short hair or even a white t-shirt my heart jumps i miss my evo but it is what it is im ok that's all that matters

Now my main concern is transportation. the 30 day rental will be up in 2 wks..will i be left alone and have to search for a new car..i was lucky i got a loan for this one by myself. no one in my family has credit..and im 19. how am i ever gonna get a loan out 4 a new car??? all though i've made payments on time wouldn't i still seem risky to creditors?

if anyone has any suggestions please
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

insurance might try to "F" you. Most try and some dont. My ex wife worked for Travelers and they just paid out all the time practically. Erie does that too that I know of.
GAP is deff a good thing to have. I get it all the time.

Also sucks this happened to you. Too bad you cant conceal carry down there. I actually didnt realize this and last time I went to Baltimore I carried just cuz I didnt trust the area.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

it may be tough to get the credit cuz of your age and the economy but if you got a loan 4 months ago your chances would be just as good now I would say. hopefully your insurance company will cut you a check before you have to turn in the rental. but even if they do it most likely won't be for the whole amount of your loan so how to get rid of the remainder will be the pain in the a$$ cuz suing for the remainder won't help you 2 weeks from now. as long as you still owe on this evo getting a loan for a another one will be tough. so try picking up some cheap pos that u dont need to get a loan for so that once the current loan is taken care of you can go out and get the evo.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:40 PM

def get a lawyer
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NinaX4G63
i was lucky i got a loan for this one by myself. no one in my family has credit..and im 19. how am i ever gonna get a loan out 4 a new car??? all though i've made payments on time wouldn't i still seem risky to creditors?

if anyone has any suggestions please
Hopefully the time you have been making payments helps you out, possibly call up the company that holds your Loan now and tell them what happened and ask them if they will help you finance your replacement for the Evo you had. You can still find decent evo IX's at the dealer with low mileage or pick up one of the super cheap Evo Xs that are selling right now
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do what everyone else says.

insurance will give you market value which may suck or may not depending what you owe on the car.

I would talk to a GOOD reliable lawyer and pay the $$$ to just see what he thinks you should do..
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Didnt know that those states dont have GAP. Honestly just trying to point out cars and car parts are easy to replace. Health and body parts ... not so easy. I feel really bad for this girl. I think about someone doing this to my wife or my nieces pretty sure I would have blood on my hands.

Originally Posted by juice_evo_VII
DC/MD/VA doesn't have GAP insurance as far as I know. And the market value on Evo's is way down. Given she has a 06 IX MR. Probably owes more then the car is worth at this current moment in time. (No Offense at all to OP here )

I'm really glad your alive and well Gun Point cars getting stolen in MD is like my backyard. I thought it only happened on the Other coast and in NY.

Lawyer it up

And don't fret, the others are right you can get another evo and plenty of money to make it badarse.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:49 PM
BMS
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by juice_evo_VII
Call a lawyer - Insurance company is out to F you. Especially on a Total Loss. You can also use the lawyer to go after the culprit that stole your car for everything the insurance company doesn't cover and more for your terrible ordeal.

Edit: if any of them were minors you can go after their parents money too
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Like everyone says first: contact lawyer:

Car can be replaced, who knows what could happen to you.

Just get another evo if possible.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

damn i live in baltimore.... they would be in a rude awakening if they tried to do that **** to me... i used to work in silver spring.... not that bad of an area...wasnt that silverevoix old car?
Old Jun 2, 2009, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
This X a million. Insurance companies are as bad as the car jackers.
Only morons and the uninformed think this way. If you're stupid enough to buy from a no-name local Ins company or only buy based off of price, you deserve what you get. Progressive is a top rated Ins agency for both customer service and claims. She'll get ACV (actual cash value) based on an NADA value of the vehicle. Gap coverage through your lender or loan/lease payoff through Progressive would've been the best idea if it was avail. The cheapest Ins isn't always the best, most jackasses don't realize that. Progressive also has a top financial rating which means they have no reason not to hold their end of the bargain. This situation sucks and nothing that the Ins. company pays out will probably replace the Evo 100%. It's the wrong market for that. However you did say you only had it for 3 months so maybe you got a decent price on it yourself. One thing is for sure though, you DO need to get an attorney for what happened. Having a gun pulled on you is grounds to sue for pain and suffering as well as the financial deress they caused. Good luck.

Last edited by MrMeaner; Jun 2, 2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: grammar
Old Jun 2, 2009, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by MrMeaner
Only morons and the uninformed believe think this way. If you're stupid enough to buy from a no-name local Ins company or only buy based off of price, you deserve what you get. Progressive is a top rated Ins agency for both customer service and claims. She'll get ACV (actual cash value) based on an NADA value of the vehicle. Gap coverage through your lender or loan/lease payoff through Progressive would've been the best idea if it was avail. The cheapest Ins isn't always the best, most jackasses don't realize that. Progressive also has a top financial rating which means they have no reason not to hold their end of the bargain. This situation sucks and nothing that the Ins. company pays out will probably replace the Evo 100%. It's the wrong market for that. However you did say you only had it for 3 months so maybe you got a decent price on it yourself. One thing is for sure though, you DO need to get an attorney for what happened. Having a gun pulled on you is grounds to sue for pain and suffering as well as the financial deress they caused. Good luck.
Orly?

After personal experience with my wife being hit by someone with progressive and receiving no help from her insurance (Erie) I disagree but, I'm an uniformed moron apparently.

Long story short, a guy ran a stop sign, t-boned her 3 week old Lexus, after being cut out of the car, Progressive started jerking us around with "we don't know if it's totaled" BS, and still hasn't paid her medical bills. It wasn't until a lawyer friend contacted them a few months in that they totaled the car. Sounds good to me, right?

Oh, and look what you do for a living.

Last edited by hotrod2448; Jun 2, 2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoluvin
damn i live in baltimore.... they would be in a rude awakening if they tried to do that **** to me... i used to work in silver spring.... not that bad of an area...wasnt that silverevoix old car?
NOOOOO!!!!!!! My old car was stolen!!! WTF!

****ing bastards. I dont even own it any more and that pisses me the F off. Man i feel bad for you. And i thought i had bad luck with that car. First the hood and trunk and now this? You need to move!

RIP silver06evo9mr

Quick Reply: Evo Stolen! Totaled! Help.