Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Stolen! Totaled! Help.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2009, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A few months ago an Evo owner in Wisconsin (oddly enough with a silver IX too) was kidnapped at gunpoint and murdered for his car.

Point is, you'll get another one one way or another. Just be thankful. I know I'd be mad too but yeah.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, Im sorry about your loss, but just follow up get a lawyer and take any step possible in order to your back and make sure to follow up as far as those *** holes who caused this, and im glad that they are busted already.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Check your insurance policy and read the terms and conditions on the collision / comprehensive coverage, which will be the applicable coverage for your loss. Check your dedeductible for how much your responsibility is, and see if there is anything in the policy which will waive the deductible. Always be nice when speaking to insurance company representative. Call your lienholder and advise them the car is totaled, and get pay off amount of loan.

State laws vary, but most states have insurance code which governs how an insurer can conduct business in your state, check the MD insurance code, or you can get a lawyer but this will cost money. In CA insurers must give cash value for the loss, some policies / states require a higher obligation for an insured, like replacement cost which is different than cash value. Learn what is in your policy! The most knowledge you will gain will be from the fine print of your auto insurance policy or state's insurance code. If you know an auto insurance adjuster that handles claims in MD, i would call them right away.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hang tough, the car's value will be replaced.

get a lawyer asap, as u can most likely recover money from those fu**ers. sue their pants off and have no regret. they ruined something terribly valuable to u along with a growing fear of muggers.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
Orly?

After personal experience with my wife being hit by someone with progressive and receiving no help from her insurance (Erie) I disagree but, I'm an uniformed moron apparently.

Long story short, a guy ran a stop sign, t-boned her 3 week old Lexus, after being cut out of the car, Progressive started jerking us around with "we don't know if it's totaled" BS, and still hasn't paid her medical bills. It wasn't until a lawyer friend contacted them a few months in that they totaled the car. Sounds good to me, right?

Oh, and look what you do for a living.
Clearly he is towing the company line... My mom had Progressive insurance when she got rear ended awhile ago. She had to get a lawyer to get them to payout for everything. It was a big cluster f**k.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

get lawyer. make sure he protects you from the insurance company and then go after the mother****ers that jacked you. sue for mental anguish ect. take them for all they are worth, and if not them, their families.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 03:19 PM

sry for your loss man. But i would also recommend a lawyer. once they give you the #'s they are try to take the easy way out. You can settle on a deal just as if you where buying the car. My step day had two car totals and had the same problem each time.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

let me see some pics if u have any
Old Jun 2, 2009, 03:29 PM

Wow, this sux. I am extremely sorry to hear about your Evo but think on the positive side. You are well and alive, Evo can be replaced but I know every body carries a sentimental value with our Evo's which can't be replaced. Like every body suggested on the forum, get a good lawyer. I have heard a lot of bad stories about progressive, how they jerk around people. Fight them and fight well. Good luck and don't be sad. You will have another Evo in no time
Old Jun 2, 2009, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

You know what kind of bothers me about this whole "situation" posted by the OP? The fact that it's so completely necessary for her to get a lawyer.

Wasn't there a time in America when people got in trouble automatically for the crimes they committed and had to pay?? The OP seemed to be doing nothing else besides living her life and then this gets dropped in her lap and now there is:

Getting a lawyer
Possibly paying a deductible
Possibly having a totaled car and all those car payments for nothing
And the mental devastation (my cousin was held up at gun point....it messed her up for years!)

You would think this could easily go to court and the judge will be like "Hey insurance company pay up, big guy! That's why she pays you!" But nope, she automatically has to get a lawyer if she wants to get anything done.

Very sad.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad you're ok. Your life is more valuable than a machine even though you work hard for it. Be careful next time on where you go. Always drive to where there's people around to be safe. GL with the insurance.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NinaX4G63
It happened in Silver Spring..a lawyer sounds pretty good..im going to contact the court house and start making calls. What happened to me was not cool at all and i hope it happens to nobody else.

My whole family is thankful that the outcome was like this because it could've ended a lot worse. I hope they all become the new jail house toy! I hope there's a lawyer that would really help me..everytime i go outside and see some dude with short hair or even a white t-shirt my heart jumps i miss my evo but it is what it is im ok that's all that matters

Now my main concern is transportation. the 30 day rental will be up in 2 wks..will i be left alone and have to search for a new car..i was lucky i got a loan for this one by myself. no one in my family has credit..and im 19. how am i ever gonna get a loan out 4 a new car??? all though i've made payments on time wouldn't i still seem risky to creditors?

if anyone has any suggestions please

credit union is very useful!! idk if you have one but im 19 also and they let me sign by myself even if i had crappy credit which my credit is good enough for being 19. If you don't have one i think it takes around 3 months til u can start taking out loans with them. May be different with another credit union but thats how mine is. Maybe a bank would get you some financing if you had a down payment or something but your prolly gonna be paying high interest which you dont want at all. Give CBRD_Caleb a PM and check with him. He might be able to help you out with that stuff. He is finding me an evo as we speak.

or call him at 717-751-2345

I hope im never in that situation bc i prolly wouldnt just hand over the evo so easily

Last edited by godmiller10; Jun 2, 2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Wow this took place in Silver Spring? Wow my sister used to live in that area. From the aspect of insurance don't worry they will cover the remainder of the loan right now the insurance company is working with the police to get the facts. State to state the laws are different but you will be fine. My last car was a 2000 Civic Si Turbo that was paid for 3 years early. Well I came home from a late night party and woke up 3 hours later and it was gone. They found it bone stripped 25 days later and paid me 15k for it which I applied to the evo. So don't worry the insurance will cover the remainder of the loan. I wouldn't worry about getting another loan I would worry about insurance rates on your next car
Old Jun 2, 2009, 04:33 PM

thats sucks..wish u the best
Old Jun 2, 2009, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Silver06evo9mr
NOOOOO!!!!!!! My old car was stolen!!! WTF!

****ing bastards. I dont even own it any more and that pisses me the F off. Man i feel bad for you. And i thought i had bad luck with that car. First the hood and trunk and now this? You need to move!

RIP silver06evo9mr

Yes i know..dont make me cry

and i thought i would have it forever..the car has not been released yet so i haven't seen it with my own eyeballs but the insurance agent was able to get a peek and i should receive the pics he was able to get tomorrow....i'm dreading the day i have to go and see it

Quick Reply: Evo Stolen! Totaled! Help.