Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Stolen! Totaled! Help.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2009, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good luck hope everything works out.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by juice_evo_VII
Call a lawyer - Insurance company is out to F you. Especially on a Total Loss. You can also use the lawyer to go after the culprit that stole your car for everything the insurance company doesn't cover and more for your terrible ordeal.

Edit: if any of them were minors you can go after their parents money too
this is really good advice and i second you doing this. we own the 3rd stolen vehicle in the united states. you have to fight back.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow thats horrible and for reasons like that i dont DD my car any more or even park it out in the open at all i hope it all works out for your bennifit
Old Jun 2, 2009, 05:17 PM

Thanks for the input Kwanza, Godmiller10, SRTRaceR04 and everyone else.

Yea i got my loan through a credit union and all though i knew how important gap insurance was i figured i'd get it later on..anyways who would think that they will get held up and car jacked in day light?! hopefully once i get my money and living situation straight caleb can lend me a hand. i don't even want to talk about the 500 deductible.

Ooo these guys messed with the wrong person..3 were under age but 2 of them well be tried as adults.and best believe i am coming after their parents..there is no way i or anyone should suffer for their mistakes and retarded decisions.

As i told another evom member..sad part is that they were going to car jack another innocent person when they took my car. I don't want to give out to much details though..hopefully ya'll understand..once progress is made i'll give an update

I swear to live around here you got to have some damn beater car with 4 different colors and a donut. I'm going to keep working full time and going to college full time to make a better life just like my parents want. i refuse to let someones ignorance hold me back..i am mentally scarred for life though..i need a drink
Old Jun 2, 2009, 05:30 PM

Wow that is absolutly crazy, i'm really sorry that happened, but hopefully insurance covers all of it and you can sue the **** out of the guys who stole your car. When you get your new evo you should get a bottle of pepper spray. Im getting 17% police strength riot control spray in a 16oz can lol. Hopefully no one tries to steal my car and if they do hopefully they arent immune to spray. but yea that might be a good investment for next time. Here is the link in case anyone wanted to check it out. Anyway, good luck with everything, glad you are ok. =) http://cgi.ebay.com/POLICE-16OZ-OC-1...2em118Q2el1247
Old Jun 2, 2009, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Yea def get a lawyer, I hope these dude's get what's coming to them two fold.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:18 PM

id get a lawyer and go after the guy who stole ur car
Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
Orly?

After personal experience with my wife being hit by someone with progressive and receiving no help from her insurance (Erie) I disagree but, I'm an uniformed moron apparently.

Long story short, a guy ran a stop sign, t-boned her 3 week old Lexus, after being cut out of the car, Progressive started jerking us around with "we don't know if it's totaled" BS, and still hasn't paid her medical bills. It wasn't until a lawyer friend contacted them a few months in that they totaled the car. Sounds good to me, right?

Oh, and look what you do for a living.
I wouldn't doubt that you are exactly the same as the other 98% of americans that don't know jack about Ins and think they're covered when they are not. Just because you lawyer contacted and they folded doesn't mean they were in the wrong. You might have considered that if an Ins company fought every battle to the teeth with their own attorney they might never even break even once subrogation was even won. Do you think attornies are cheap just becuase your buddy "hooked" you up. Grow up. Unless the vehicle in question was worth a substantial amount of money and the BI in question was in the tens of thousands and pain and suffering was involved it never makes sense to take some "moron" to court who doesn't understand that court proceedings aren't quick. Ins claims unfortunately can take a long time and only certain states (no fault states) require immediate payouts. Cry and bit** when you have to deal with what happens in a situation that millions have dealt with rather than try to understand it. You are starting to sound like and uninformed moron, yes.

Last edited by MrMeaner; Jun 2, 2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

hey one thing i just remembered that the dealer prolly didnt tell u when u bought my old car..

IT HAD LOW JACK IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you could have found it in ten mintues if u would have known this. it wasnt removed when i traded it in either.

opps.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:45 PM

WHAT!!!! NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

WTF! WTF! WTF! WTF!
it's not ur fault man the dealership should have let me know.. im so mad
Man am i trying so hard to keep my manners in check. it could've been saved..but u know what..let me stay optimistic..everything happens for a reason..i just have yet to figure out this one..my head hurts you guys.. im going to bed
Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silver06evo9mr
hey one thing i just remembered that the dealer prolly didnt tell u when u bought my old car..

IT HAD LOW JACK IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you could have found it in ten mintues if u would have known this. it wasnt removed when i traded it in either.

opps.

LMAO!! dude....shouldnt even had said that. Make her feel worse knowing there was a way to get it back
Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

sorry, if they gutted the car that quick they prolly found it and new what they were doing anyway. the installer didnt hide it that well cuz i found it when taking some stuff apart before.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NinaX4G63
WHAT!!!! NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

WTF! WTF! WTF! WTF!
it's not ur fault man the dealership should have let me know.. im so mad
Man am i trying so hard to keep my manners in check. it could've been saved..but u know what..let me stay optimistic..everything happens for a reason..i just have yet to figure out this one..my head hurts you guys.. im going to bed

drink your pain away
jk but seriously
Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear this, I wish you the best.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

damn...if i was you i would put a hit on them once they get out..word of thought but not saying you should do it but like a gun to you? for your car? stupid way to get locked up and alot of jail time for...and PLUS your a girl!! hope you get mad money out of it and wish you best of luck on your emotions and stuff.

ps. not best thing to say but o wells its how i feel so good luck with everything

Quick Reply: Evo Stolen! Totaled! Help.