Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Stolen! Totaled! Help.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dam def. sucks..especially the week b4 oc car show which i read somewhere that u would be there. Im sure from every1 else has told u im gonna do the same and tell u to get a lawyer and take them crooks to court and get all u can outta them. and as for ur evo its easily replaced! More than one out there.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:35 AM

find the last guy and kill him ..... run him over with the rental ....
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:00 AM

I'm really really sorry this happened to you. What a terrible thing.

I didn't read every single post in the thread, but I've seen a lot of "get a lawyer and sue the guys who did this to you."

I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket. If the people who did it have nothing, that's exactly what you'll get from them when you sue. Unless they are white collar workers who steal stuff on the side when they aren't plinking away in their office, I doubt you'll see much as they probably don't have any wages worth garnishing.

Last edited by BlackOps; Jun 3, 2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Woops! Spelling error!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackOps
I'm really really sorry this happened to you. What a terrible thing.

I didn't read every single post in the thread, but I've seen a lot of "get a lawyer and sue the guys who did this to you."

I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket. If the people who did it have nothing, that's exactly what you'll get from them when you sue. Unless they are white color workers who steal stuff on the side when they aren't plinking away in their office, I doubt you'll see much as they probably don't have any wages worth garnishing.
Racist.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This guy above me blackops is correct(minus that white color comment )

First of all you stated what 2 or so where minors and the other 2 were adults. Well the minors you will get nothing you would have to sue the parents then you have to PROVE that the parents were negligent. Good luck with that one. Now for the 2 adults you can sue them but if they have no wages to garish guess what you get nothing. when they start making money you can then get something out of them until then nothing. so if they go to jail for some time guess what nothing can be gained so your out of pocket there. Now the whole insurance issue YES they do give you NADA value etc BUT if you paid more for the car then its worth you out of pocket there. YOU have to pay the difference. You stated you did not get gap insurance. YOU SOULD ALWAYS GET IT PERIOD. i dont see why alot of folks dont unless they paid it off or bought it outright makes sense to not have it of course but most finance to get credit. so let say the evo is worth

20k keep simple they give you 15k since you have no gap you now owe 5k. so you are not getting another loan for another car if your credit is not A1 and your debt to income ratio is bad. Thats how it works so you might actually be a$$ out not the insurance company is paying everything off and your going to sue and get paid right away thats a fairytale the real world works like i just stated. Lets hope they do cover the car or majority of it at least so you will then have to start over from the beginning. Look into the people first before you go just blindly sueing and then you will have to pay the lawyer if it does not work out as your planning. Next time please get gap insurance on all expensive cars you buy espesically if you live in a hostile area. if i were you i would think about moving next

Last edited by RockmanX; Jun 3, 2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by NinaX4G63
...let me stay optimistic..everything happens for a reason..i just have yet to figure out this one...
^good outlook, stay optimistic. i have the same view and i am going through the sma emotion with my hit and run situation. there will be a positive to come out of this.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:45 AM

damn, that sucks girl...sorry to hear about it, like everyone says take it to court and get as much as you can. sucks you can't go down oc with the evo
Old Jun 3, 2009, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

There is a law called A Covenant Of Good Faith And Fair Dealing. If they dont cover you get a lawyer an sue for that. Cause they cant breach the contract.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 03:09 PM

RockmanX i totally get what you stated...I had the chance to get gap and slacked on it. Def learned my lesson with that. On another note, just got back from seeing the car and i feel pretty damn upset inside.
It's definately not worth to buy back the car from insurance. These guys knew exactly what they were doing. who would do something like this?? i really hope they are not evo owners cuz that would be sad.
If any of ya'll got personal experience with a situation like this can you guys tell me what kind of crooks would do this? What do you think from these pics..

i'll miss you
Old Jun 3, 2009, 03:50 PM

they either want the parts for themselves or know a handfull of evo owners that will buy them for cheap and thats how thieves work so quick
Old Jun 3, 2009, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Nina, you have my deepest sympathy. It's really tough when you see hard working people lose things they fought hard to get at the hands of scum bags.

After the last guy got shot over his evo and this.

I think it's going to be the new policy the AMD 65 goes where my Evo goes from now on.

I'd love to see the look on their face at that point...

You haz hi point... I haz AK. Thanks for playing.

All jokes aside, I'm extremely glad you're ok. Getting shot over your car is a definite possibility with low lifes. So remember it could always be worse. What REALLY sucks is you are too young for a carry permit, AND you live in MD. I hate to see women get taken advantage of like that. And a small carry weapon and some training can really make the difference in being a helpless victim like that. Again, glad you are safe, and good luck getting your money back on the car. GAP ins is your dear dear friend. Don't ever make that mistake again!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by Silver06evo9mr
dont think they knew. i had it installed when i bought it new. traded car in. this girl bought the car. i guess i was only one that knew...
Shouldn't carfax have record of lojack installation. I mean I used to work at a dealership and when a dealer accepts a trade in they want to know everything about the car before finally accepting it.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Asmodeus6
Nina, you have my deepest sympathy. It's really tough when you see hard working people lose things they fought hard to get at the hands of scum bags.

After the last guy got shot over his evo and this.

I think it's going to be the new policy the AMD 65 goes where my Evo goes from now on.

I'd love to see the look on their face at that point...

You haz hi point... I haz AK. Thanks for playing.

All jokes aside, I'm extremely glad you're ok. Getting shot over your car is a definite possibility with low lifes. So remember it could always be worse. What REALLY sucks is you are too young for a carry permit, AND you live in MD. I hate to see women get taken advantage of like that. And a small carry weapon and some training can really make the difference in being a helpless victim like that. Again, glad you are safe, and good luck getting your money back on the car. GAP ins is your dear dear friend. Don't ever make that mistake again!
I need to move out to PA so at least I can have the right to pack heat..... and ditch the ugly front plate from the front of my car.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

you can always hire me for free to walk around and shoot anyone that trys to still your next evo lol...
but hope everything turns out ok
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
GAP insurance is a civil agreement between your lien holder and you to cover the offset money that you owe after you settle with your insurance company should the car be a total loss, and has NOTHING to do with the state you live in.

As for the punishment these dooshbags get, is somewhat irrelevant in criminal court. You can request restitution though in a criminal trial but it varies from state to state and in since she is the victim and the state is representing her, she does not need an attorney for the criminal trial. It does not hurt to speak to one though. The attorney is needed for civil court and this you can do after the criminal trial is over.

First thing is see what your insurance company will offer you to settle as the car was a total loss. Then go from there. No point is spending money on attorneys unless totally necessary... they are not cheap.

Quick Reply: Evo Stolen! Totaled! Help.