Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Stolen! Totaled! Help.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am sorry to hear that you lost your dream car, im glad you ok. i sometimes think what i would do if a lost one of my cars.

ps: cant see pics
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:01 AM

damn i am sorry for your loss..
you should keep your doors locked 24/7..
if you have electronics inside tint your windows dark

and if you are held at gunpoint again...run- its an evo what are they gonna do try to catch you?? hahaaaa
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTVR-4

and if you are held at gunpoint again...run- its an evo what are they gonna do try to catch you?? hahaaaa
Evo = fast
Bullet = FASTER!

Be glad you are ok.
Hire a lawyer before you agree to or sign ANYTHING from the ins. co.!!!
Old Jun 4, 2009, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Astro_Train
GAP insurance is a civil agreement between your lien holder and you to cover the offset money that you owe after you settle with your insurance company should the car be a total loss, and has NOTHING to do with the state you live in.

As for the punishment these dooshbags get, is somewhat irrelevant in criminal court. You can request restitution though in a criminal trial but it varies from state to state and in since she is the victim and the state is representing her, she does not need an attorney for the criminal trial. It does not hurt to speak to one though. The attorney is needed for civil court and this you can do after the criminal trial is over.

First thing is see what your insurance company will offer you to settle as the car was a total loss. Then go from there. No point is spending money on attorneys unless totally necessary... they are not cheap.

Thanks for the Info.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 04:44 AM

In case ya can't tell the 3rd pic is where the back seats are supposed to be..
it looks like freakin trash
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
Racist.
I believe he meant white colar, that's not racist!
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by D420mac
I believe he meant white colar, that's not racist!
Did you see the laughing smiley at the end of the post? Besides I believe you both meant collar.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NinaX4G63
RockmanX i totally get what you stated...I had the chance to get gap and slacked on it. Def learned my lesson with that. On another note, just got back from seeing the car and i feel pretty damn upset inside.
It's definately not worth to buy back the car from insurance. These guys knew exactly what they were doing. who would do something like this?? i really hope they are not evo owners cuz that would be sad.
If any of ya'll got personal experience with a situation like this can you guys tell me what kind of crooks would do this? What do you think from these pics..

i'll miss you

We can't see the pics!! Try to repost them. It would be good to know what's missing in case the parts come up for sale, we may be able to help.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by D420mac
We can't see the pics!! Try to repost them. It would be good to know what's missing in case the parts come up for sale, we may be able to help.
x2

friend of a friend got his RSX S stripped down, and was later informed that his parts were on sale on craigslist....friend showed up with cops guy got arrested and lead them to the person that gave him the parts (the actual car thief)

Anyway, you got some pretty good advice so far, I'm sorry this happend to you and your dream car
(my dream car as well, tried to get an X for so long, built my credit and got a loan for a ix at 19)
Old Jun 4, 2009, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just read all the posts... The car is one thing, but a life is a totally higher dimension, and just wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to pay it forward and recommend/assist with getting her a lawyer who specializes in criminal law, since there was a gun involved and an assault. The going after the insurance company to make sure they play fair is something that attorney can work out, and I am sure that would be taken care of.

I figure with the demographics of people who own and drive EVOs in the USA, there's probably a good possibility there is a lawyer in the group who would be kind enough to take this on for her... Just had to ask. I don't know any or I would recommend.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tony_b
Evo = fast
Bullet = FASTER!

Be glad you are ok.
Hire a lawyer before you agree to or sign ANYTHING from the ins. co.!!!
Agreed, as much as I love my car I MIGHT just have to give her up if I was held at gunpoint!
Old Jun 4, 2009, 03:38 PM

oops i put the album on private so hopefully it works this time..the 1st pic is the last 'quick' shot i got of the car the day before..and the 4th pic is where the back seats used to be...

Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

not trying to be inconsiderate or blunt, but this is "totaled"? I was expecting to see stuff like the engine/gearbox, rims, tires, doors, hood and other stuff just stripped. These guys were amateurs with a gun.

Silver lining... have you considered just getting this car back and getting the insurance to replace the stuff that was damaged/taken and keep going? It seems to me that it would cost the insurance less money to replace the stuff, even if it is from another totaled out EVO.

Of course press on with the gun/assault charges, as well as remain positive and think of ways to work with the settlement/adjusters to keep your EVO. It has history and a story to tell, and it seems people here know this car. Damn! Is it just me or are you all thinking the same way I am? Phoenix rising baby...
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DBallz
Shouldn't carfax have record of lojack installation. I mean I used to work at a dealership and when a dealer accepts a trade in they want to know everything about the car before finally accepting it.
Yea it should, and even if she didn't know it had lojack it goes off regardless when its reported stolen.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:33 PM

if its a total loss take the insurance money, buy the car back from the insurance company and use these forums to buy all the parts its missing. all the important parts look like they r still there. you may even have extra money left over. also hire a lawyer and hit those bastards for all they have

Quick Reply: Evo Stolen! Totaled! Help.