Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Stolen! Totaled! Help.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2009, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only morons and the uninformed think this way. If you're stupid enough to buy from a no-name local Ins company or only buy based off of price, you deserve what you get.
Yes, better to stick with companies like AIG.

Now what i'm wondering is what do i do from here on out.
CCW... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry

Work with the insurance company, get a lawyer sue the scumbag criminals.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evovin
+1 and get a Lo Jack next time
If you bothered to read the entire post, you would have known that there WAS one in it. She didn't know this though.

To the OP sorry you lost your Evo but like others have said at least you didn't get injured or shot. As another poster said also if the pieces of crap don't have anything you won't get anything out of them even if you get a lawyer (liar). It's all rigged anyhow.

Go with the G35 they are good rides. Nothing near as good handling as the Evo but they do have a decent motor for a family biased car.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by NinaX4G63
uh i know what you mean yesterday i met w/ the insurance agent for the settlement and was left w/ a decent amount..progressive did me good but as much as i love that car it would've been very uncomfortable driving it knowing what happened. Plus there's no way i can have the car sit and spend my $ on it weekly i need a new ride asap but definetely taking it a down a couple notches until i find a safe, well lit, overall 'happy' place to live.

Soooo my bf suggested an S2000 but there's No way i can have a 2 seater..so the 2 cars i have in mind are either a G35 or Accord. I like the lancer but its kind of plain in my mind. i don't know about an SUV either cuz now i got the urge to drive manual again

I appreciate all ur feedback guys!
Da**it you have a BF and I was gunna ask too. But seriously glad to haer everything is turning out better good luck to your future endeavors and rethink the evo maybe even a newer one
Old Jun 8, 2009, 07:02 AM

ok guys...soo i really appreciate your comments and going to wait 'till the court date (whenever that comes around) to see what will happen as far as going after them..most likely they don't got jobs and what not so it'll be pointless but..

i want the evo back..i'm looking @ the pictures and i guess it was the shock at first but its not that bad..the interior would be most costly overall but i can have it up in running in a couple months as a weekend/track car only... if its a reasonable amount to fix (gotta do research) then i will take it back.. no other car is fitting my needs. I based on the pics are there any little things i might need that i will miss..i know i know im buying the intercooler with UICP and LICP

the evo will only be driven on trips or track..do ya think its a bad idea
Old Jun 8, 2009, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by xzero
Da**it you have a BF and I was gunna ask too. But seriously glad to haer everything is turning out better good luck to your future endeavors and rethink the evo maybe even a newer one
lol...yes sir
Old Jun 8, 2009, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NinaX4G63
ok guys...soo i really appreciate your comments and going to wait 'till the court date (whenever that comes around) to see what will happen as far as going after them..most likely they don't got jobs and what not so it'll be pointless but..

i want the evo back..i'm looking @ the pictures and i guess it was the shock at first but its not that bad..the interior would be most costly overall but i can have it up in running in a couple months as a weekend/track car only... if its a reasonable amount to fix (gotta do research) then i will take it back.. no other car is fitting my needs. I based on the pics are there any little things i might need that i will miss..i know i know im buying the intercooler with UICP and LICP

the evo will only be driven on trips or track..do ya think its a bad idea
If the Evo was your dream car and you where happy with it.. That's what you should get. You shouldn't let some bozo's change your natural course of history. Don't live in fear. It was just bad luck.. and bad timing and as far as I see it.. It turned out for the best actually. You're still alive.. your car will get fixed and the perpetrators will be jailed.
Enjoy your life as you please. Get another Evo and come back to the forums.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

I really, really hope everything works out for you. I hate irresponsible adults with guns because it gives us responsible gun owners a bad name. This is the reason places like MD and IL have such a poor outlook on gun ownership. I hate living in a state that only allows their criminals to carry guns in public.

Personally, I would buy the car back and track it. There obviously isn't any frame damage and it looks mostly cosmetic.

Interior? Finish tearing out the carpet, weld in a cage with some new seats / harnesses.

Exterior? Replace parts using the regional For Sale sub-forum on here.

I'd also like to see you get a second vehicle that is of equal or higher value (not price, but a sense of value to you) for all your troubles. You should be able to collect quite a bit from these thugs, if they have anything of value at all. It's truly a shame that when a low-life threatens your life, that you can't sue for his life. What do I mean? If you hold me at gun point and then you're caught, I should be able to sue you for the trauma. If you don't have the money, I should be able to take your life. It sounds harsh, but who really thinks that thug scum can be rehabilitated? Don't like the idea of getting the death penalty? Don't break the law by using a deadly weapon!

Parental negligence might be hard to prove for the minors. If you live in a nanny state that hates guns, they probably have a horrible concept of who is responsible for the child's upbringing. They'll more than likely say the parents had no control over who their kids did (and did not) hang out with, what kind of clothes they wore, how they acted, etc..
Old Jun 8, 2009, 08:45 AM

90GSX-03EVO-->THANKS!! you gave me the support i needed. around here there are way to many irresponsible/ignorant people..i'm on ur side 100%..

I'll be checking out the Sale forums..if anyone has seats or an exhaust PM me please
Old Jun 8, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hey nina been out for a minute so what happened exactly with the car and how much you get. They paid it off etc??? pm me details if you dont feel like typing it all again.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 09:42 AM

Sending a PM your way
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:00 AM

hey nina, i have these stock parts

radiator
exhaust and down pipe
radio and trim
intercooler with all pipping
intake box

you can have them for next to nothing
im philly so the drive down will be good excuse to go eat some crab cakes
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:09 AM
SME
Evolved Member

This **** is nothing new in Maryland. I witnessed a carjacking at gunpoint a few years back in Germantown. I was scared ****less and couldn't imagine actually being the one jacked. Glad your ok and hope everything works out for you.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SME
This **** is nothing new in Maryland. I witnessed a carjacking at gunpoint a few years back in Germantown. I was scared ****less and couldn't imagine actually being the one jacked. Glad your ok and hope everything works out for you.
If you were behind the jacked car in traffic, you should have ran the *******s over.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:00 PM

i have a load of stock parts i can sell you at a discounted cost. even considering my factory recaros because i am considering brides myself. and body panels too, what do you need?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

hey girl, sorry to hear and i hope everything works out.

it sux too cuz im also within the same area.

sent you a pm

Quick Reply: Evo Stolen! Totaled! Help.