Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Keeping up a Evo's Value..

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2009, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes the evos were limited production but the cars you hear about selling for the same you paid for or more are extremely limited production cars like less than a thousand made total. The evo is just too much of a "mass" produced car for it to already be a collector...yet.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

15000 is a lot though?

I wouldn't think so.

Theres like 150k Mustangds a year produced since 1995..
THATS mass production.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jobs

I know a place where you get paid a good wage. You get full free medical, and full dental. You get 30 days of vacation a year. If your single we give you an apartment to live in with free utilities. If your married we have houses for you with free utilities or we pay more to live somewhere else and we give you money for food. They pay for 75% of your college while working with us and they give you $40,000 or more for school when you leave. They spend anywhere from $40,000 to $200,000 dollars training you and even let you pick your job. Plenty of organized activities and travel time and you get to see places you could never dream of before and YOU CAN CALL YOURSELF AN AMERICAN AND IT MEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!!
Old Jun 7, 2009, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

What the OP is basically insisting is for evo owners to form an oligopoly like OPEC. What do they do when oil prices fall? Make a pact to withhold oil until demand outstrips supply and the prices rise. However, the problem with OPEC is that the exporting countries are assigned a quota to maintain, but some get greedy and try to export more than they are suppose to for extra cash. Then every country does this a little bit and the supply doesn't get reduced. The idea of game theory dictates that even if everyone agrees to put up their evos for higher retail, someone will feel the pressure to get rid of theirs first, and jump the gun and sell at a lower price. Of course, not knowing if other people will hold their end of the bargain, this dilemma spirals and the pact breaks down. Trying to artificially inflate the price of an evo over its fair market value is nearly impossible when there are quite a few evo owners that are not necessarily affluent and like some have said, cannot afford to lose a house so that the price of other evos can remain high. I mean I would love if the price of my evo went up. But of course, at the rate that evos are being totalled, sooner or later, the 8's and 9's will be pretty rare.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by streetracerkam
But your missing the point.
WE CREATE THE MARKET VALUE.

They are suppliers, we are consumers. What we pay is what the market value becomes.
This is the point.

As with the overqualifying thing..
This is where you have to cheat the system.

If you can't find a job, you make a job
you act as if evom makes up every evo owner in the world...it just isn't as simple as you make it sound

keep dreaming is all I have to say
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Oh god, thats true.

As I check through the Salvage auctions with my dads account, There is 8-12 wrecked evo's appearing EVERY week in the auction. Most of them get totaled beyond repair..
Sad sight, but good for us who take care of the cars then

Sooner or later, their value will rise.
Also, the whole thing with " BUT THERES STILL MORE OF THEM BEING PRODUCED AND WILL BE".

There's new chargers, Camaro's, Mustangs, etc, but the old ones from the 60-70's are usually selling for more than the later models. So no BS there either

Well, thanks for your thoughts on this guys.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
you act as if evom makes up every evo owner in the world...it just isn't as simple as you make it sound

keep dreaming is all I have to say
Not in the world, im talking about market value in the USA.

I'd think a lot of the owners would be on here. And even more so, a lot of owners who atleast visit these pages.

Otherwise, WTH would this website be for?
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Redbud23
I know a place where you get paid a good wage. You get full free medical, and full dental. You get 30 days of vacation a year. If your single we give you an apartment to live in with free utilities. If your married we have houses for you with free utilities or we pay more to live somewhere else and we give you money for food. They pay for 75% of your college while working with us and they give you $40,000 or more for school when you leave. They spend anywhere from $40,000 to $200,000 dollars training you and even let you pick your job. Plenty of organized activities and travel time and you get to see places you could never dream of before and YOU CAN CALL YOURSELF AN AMERICAN AND IT MEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!!
mmm.. yeah - thats pretty much the worst advice you can give someone who has become desperate. Sign your life away.

good cal.

Joining any devision of the military should be a decision made based on you WANTING to do that - not as a last resort. And FYI - you military dont exactly get paid out the ying yang. So - now you have a 4 year commitment for something that in the end - may or may not help you out of your situation.

Im a DoD contractor - im well versed in all 4 branches and how they operate. All those commercials and all those banners - yeah. Cherry coating.

So - as a final thought - Join the military if you want to serve your country. Dont do it for money. You wont find any lavish ending.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

Eh, what you may think would be stupid really is the only choice for certain people.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

ops

You get out of it what you put into it. You want to make more money you can. Do what your told and work hard and move up in rank and you make a descent living. Act like a child and work like a bum and get out first chance you get and sure you will have nothing. How many companies give you retirement after 20 years. So when i am 38 i get to retire and start my next career.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

From what I see anyways, quite a bit of the Evo owners do that sorta thing

Marines, Navy, all of it.
Goes to say something..
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

job

And another thing has the economy worried you about your job. Well not me I have a job and I make good money! It is not just for desperate people there are thousands of jobs for you and you can do any of them from A highly skilled laser technician, to a linguist, to an Apache pilot. How many companies offer that!!!!!

What is up with the spelling I kind of missed some of what you where saying.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

that why i bought the rarest evo made... 2004 RS. 400 were produced as a 2004 model (in red)
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

hummmm i actually read all of this but its true some people cant handle selling there cars for a high value when they are in need.. but its also true there are jobs everywhere u just have to look and i also do believe there are a **** load of lazy people in the US. they are all mad cause they ant find some but seriously if you look you will find some... also there are people that actually did something and went to college got out there followed there dreams.. so theres opportunities everywhere..
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

i personally like to be lazy and not look for jobs. lol

Quick Reply: Keeping up a Evo's Value..