Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Keeping up a Evo's Value..

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
To see prices increase, well lets just say you may be waiting a while.. Economics is simple supply and demand...so as supply is dropping thru attrition one would expect prices to increase if demand is increasing--which its not. Barrett Jackson asked the same question of japanese car values--it was simple, nobody thinks jap cars are collectable--few exceptions to a select few buyers like some skylines and maybe the toyoya 2000. Hell I have a 1969 datsun roadster made less then 6000 that yr in this model and I have more into it in 20 yrs then its worth by a long shot. You can wish all you want--but the market isnt there for jap collectable cars when they compare to american muscle of the same era... or today. Just the facts.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dislike american cars. From my experiences with them, they are horrible.

Also, My parents run a used/repairable dealership. THEY are off well, me on the other hand, im doing what I can the most at my age to be "financialy secure" as to say.

I dont have a normal job, but I make my own. Ive always found ways to make money, and for me itll never be hard, because if your smart you can always find a way. This is where america is also lacking..

We have so many people here that are retards and cant do simple gradeschool stuff.

Anyways, im a huge Ebay person. Buy phones from people and sell on there for a lot more, and also Audio Equipment. When my pop buys all these high-end cars ( Benz, BMW, Maserati, Bentley, etc) I go and buy the CD changer and navigation systems off of him, and sell it for twice as much online. Plus, the stuff is always in the trunk, and when people look at them and buy them, or when we send back to other auctions, they never check that stuff. Only once they drive the car, want to pop in some CD's or the nav, do they realize its not there.. so they go, check, and bam see its missing.. Oh great... then EBAY, and seeing as dealers charge 1000-1500 for it, and I sell on ebay for 400-700.. I always sell.

Matter of fact, last night I sold 2 BMW 7 series GPS units for 400 a piece.. So im set for the next week for any fuel/food costs.
However, I am never home for free time..Always at my dad's shop helping him with stuff as I do love cars, and I sometimes get some freebie's that i can sell.

its been like this since I was a little kid, back in 7th grade, and got in an argument about growing up and a cellphone.... So ever since then, 5 years later, Ive been paying for everything on my own, apart from school, as I got a full ride

If your smart, your always going to find a job.
You dont see people elsewhere complaining.

Did you hear about Germany? they have a REAL financial crises, but noone there is *****ing about it.
People here have to grow some ***** and start working. All this damn Welfare crap and unemployment benefits, medical benefits, etc.. its BS. I HAVE TO PAY SO MANY ******* TAXES TO FEED THESE USELESS POS's that live in this country.

Truth is though, we the people create the market. We make the goods, we sell the goods, we buy the goods, we own the goods. We all think alike when it comes to these things as well, due to the rarity/availability of money..

And how you say BANKS, FINANCE COMPANIES, THE ECONOMY.. WE ARE IT! WE work in banks, WE work in finance companies, WE establish the economy.
We can change anything, but people dont give 2 ****s about anything anymore.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Sigh, you have really no idea how it all works.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

But what the hell, people are filled with their own pride and wont change.

God I wish sometimes that we could go back to ancient civilization rules.
Dont pay taxes, get killed, or banished from the country.

yeah, i know, its child speak, but its the truth.

Last year alone, my father paid 79000 In Taxes.. FOR WHAT? So these stupid hicks in this city who live in the "projects" in broken down homes dont have to pay for their utilities.
And another thing, im not racist, but when street was mayor of our city, all these black community establishments were appearing which pissed me off. THEY got thos ehomes for free, and didnt pay a ******* cent for it nor utilities, meanwhile all us other hardworking people, white, black, asian, middle eastern, you name it ( were all alike) had to work our ***** to be able to keep our homes, Cars, food on the table, and pay taxes. While these useless bums who live in the slums dont do ****, besides shoot, steal, and do drugs.

We're 1st for crime rate....
Whats funny is, never has a single normal person killed anyone either, and everything has happen in the same territory over and over.. in the damn slums of our city.

Plus, I think I would know how it all works. Afterall, im not a kid with big dreams, but Im a HS kid in an Evolution IX that has been fully paid by me.
Point to another kid, a Junior, whose like this, and has actually worked for it and not been gifted generously by family and friends.

Last edited by streetracerkam; Jun 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Also, SmikeEvo..
Seriously..

Haven't you been pissed that your car's lost so much value, that you have to work while other's dont, and that you pay taxes to feed these ignorant ****s that dont give 2 ****s about anything?

Whatever, good discussion here guys. Do me a favor and just lock this up and delete though before it gets out of hand please, Thanks bro!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Loss of value is part of owning a car. You should know what when buying one.

And the world is a ****ty place - get used to it.

Will not be locking or trashing this. You started it, you get to see all points to it.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

I already have, and it would be nice if you could " do your job" and keep it from turning into a huge flame war on the site.
Jeez.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by streetracerkam
I already have, and it would be nice if you could " do your job" and keep it from turning into a huge flame war on the site.
Jeez.

This is not a flame war. You just have some very naive view points that members have been pointing out.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by streetracerkam
Plus, I think I would know how it all works. Afterall, im not a kid with big dreams, but Im a HS kid in an Evolution IX that has been fully paid by me.
(I called that $#!T didn't I. I wasn't sure if you were a rich spoiled brat but you spelled it out).

And there you have it. Listen homey, If you don't live on your own and have well off parents to RELY on so you had access to steal items out of cars your Dad is selling you'd be screwed.

I'm not mad though. You are speaking through the eyes of a privileged HS kid that hasn't experienced life. So much can be said about your attitude but like Smike said you won't get it so why waste the time. Buy a bently or Maserati if you want to get a car that may be worth something like a collectible.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

if i can find an 8 or 9 bone stock with less than 15k miles i wouldnt hesitate to spend 30k+
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

I actually saw a 06 IX MR SE go on auction a few days ago, REPO.. CLEAN title, 3900 miles only.. ONLY.

GG in color..
Beautiful..

Sold for 27900..
Id think that was a hell of a deal. Bone stock to, besides C/F splitters on the side.

I laugh at your if your going to hate on me though. Cry me a river. Simply because im younger and better off than someof you doesnt give you the right to ***** at me nor hate. But hell, I like the attention

But okedoke smike.
Im starting to have fun anyways :P

if my father never gave me thoses car parts though ( I buy them for 200-500 depending on model from him), then i'd stil be doing fine, as I made ahsitload of cash from phones. Im a smart kid, so I know how to make money and always will be fine. Maybe if it wasnt SMART, id be nowhere.

Last edited by streetracerkam; Jun 8, 2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, thank goodness it comes out...lots'a other ppl other than the auto industry have been hit by the economy - if you want to bring examples closer to home - what would you do if you were a graphic designer for a good 5-7 years, and suddenly your company decides to shut down bc of lack of clientele? 401K, retirement, benefits gone! late 20s in age, and now has to move in with parents and have to sell home n car bc unemployment is not cutting it?! Shut your mouth junior, humble yourself, and thank God your in the comfortable position that you're in. I seriously doubt you pay taxes based on your ebay business - trust me, if the shoe was in the other foot, you'd be thankful for getting that welfare check and would be praising this great system of ours!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

great for them, but not for us since we have to waste so much damn money on them.

I do pay taxes, I have to....Otherwise IRS would have caught and shut me down when I hit 10k on my paypal account in the first few months.

You have a great point there though, Akemi.
Thanks !
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Well, this old adage works here --

If you don't like the US, then leave. If you feel you are supporting deadbeats, go find a country that is not setup to support its peoples. I doubt you would enjoy living in one if you found one.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:10 PM

EVO value -

I feel the EVO VIII & IX in America will hold its value better and depreciate less than other cars.

The EVO is a pretty finely focused performance car and will always be desirable because of this.

Also, as stated already, there were only 21k of them here in NA. that's relatively low production compared to the 1.5million or so DSM's
Specifically the RS and IX models - the IX because it was the last of the 4G63 EVO.

I bought my EVO lightly used, so the new car depreciation is already done, plan on keeping it for 10+ years, and then if I decide to get the latest and greatest current EVO, I'll only lose hopefully 20% of my original investment instead of 80% like on a normal used car. (Edit: just wanted to add tha my EVO is not my daily driver. It's garaged in the winter, and not run in the rain, if I can help it.)

Talking about limited production, look at the Lamborghini Espada: there were only 1217 made total over 10 years. Here is a handbuilt, exotic, Italian supercar that can be had for less than $50k - good stuff
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Espada
http://classiccars.com/79743.car

Last edited by deoreo; Jun 8, 2009 at 12:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Keeping up a Evo's Value..