Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

i got screwed by insurance

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Green Meanie
You may have said this already but why did your preiums raise? Did they discover something on your driving record that wasn't disclosed when you first started the policy up (like a forgotten speeding ticket or moving violation).

They just raised the rates for no reason. I was told they raised the rates for the min coverage and since i have 2 cars on my policy it came out to about $40 less then what i was paying with the full coverage on my Evo and min coverage on the wife's mustang
Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by supercharged
How am i at fault because i didn't read over my dec page at the renewals? Cause the 1st dec page sent to me had the full coverage on it when i started the policy then they dropped coverage and raised the rates for the next one like i stated before i would have only noticed a $13 difference in my bi-monthly payment
Did you get your car visually inspected? I know in NY If you have full coverage you have to get the car inspected by a body shop or the ins co will drop coverage to liability without notice.

Last edited by billyblonco; Jun 11, 2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by billyblonco
Did you have get your car visually inspected? I know in NY If you have full coverage you have to get the car inspected by a body shop or the ins co will drop coverage to liability without notice.
Yes i did at 1st that was the reason for the drop in coverage but after I contacted CarCo (the company who does the photo inspections) and got a confirmation # Then my insurance changed it to they received it late
Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow in GA (at least with Progressive) they take whatever the hell I tell them over the phone. I could tel lthem the car is pink and they wouldn't know any different. Maybe things have changed but I have been with them through too many speeding tickets and multiple accidents. They've always been good for me.

When I bought my second civic hatchback 14 years ago I had to take it to a local insurance office for visual inspection....that was in Toronto Canada though.