Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evolution Imports [Super Mega Merge]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2003, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, good read

so EI is not held accountable for the money they are holding nor the cars that are not sent to the paying customers?

wow
Old Oct 7, 2003, 08:55 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by Seņor Info
My thanks to the moderator who moved this from where I'd incorrectly posted it originally to the forum I'd intended.
Anytime. It happens to the best.

I have to say I enjoy the vast majority of your posts. They help clarify some of the missing portions of my understanding of legal imports in the US.

And since I'm sure someone is bound to ask, I have no idea what's going on with the EI banner, vendor status etc.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by rarson

Which makes sense considering, at least last I heard, the cars that were actually shipped to customers and taken away were being held in California.
Yeah, I drive past them every day. On the 55 freeway. You can see about 4 purple/blue evo VIIs and some white ones parked behind a fence along the freeway.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:37 AM

Wow, great info. Nice work uncovering all the sorted details.

Perhaps this thread should be spread around to any Honda boards out there (sorry, I dont know of any or I would do it.)
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:47 AM
Account Disabled

JUST PUT IT TO REST!!!
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:55 AM

So one quick question...You mentioned that there are other alternatives to having a car imported here

"In fact, they shouldn't have used EI in the first place, as there are many cheaper alternatives for this type of importation."

So who would you recommend for importing a car? The only people that I know of that can do it is Motorex. But there's no way in hell I'm gonna pay $80,000-$90,000 for a Skyline.

Just wondering. Thanks for all the good info though! I still see them trying to sell the 7's on Ebay. What a shame
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:08 AM
In Timeout

Im confused whos gonna know if there driving an illegal car on the street? its not like the cops are going to give them an evo 7 fix it ticket
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

And if you get into an accident? Or let's say your insurance company digs a little into a curious VIN and sees that you've fraudulently registered and/or insured your car?

Or maybe you just rub a cop the wrong way or he's having a really ****ty day and feels like giving you hell.

The consquence is your car becomes a small, metal cube. Is it worth it? Maybe to some.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:21 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by Showteg
"In fact, they shouldn't have used EI in the first place, as there are many cheaper alternatives for this type of importation."

So who would you recommend for importing a car?
I believe he was saying that if you wanted a car for off-road purposes then you could easily import it without paying the same mark-up.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

i'm not sure if it's any correllation or if you could get this from any island you entered in.... but a google search revealed a pretty good history of Nevis being used by fraud companies.
Searched the web for island of nevis fraud. Results 11 - 20 of about 20,000. Search took 0.39 seconds.

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/waw/press_...c/wuensche.htm
http://www.kycnews.com/Documents/storyfibg.htm

this article is especially interesting
http://www.webfreetrade.com/offersga...s/offer22.html

from
http://www.acams.org/press/associatedpress_021403.htm
CHARLESTOWN, Nevis (AP) _ On islands like Nevis, where offshore
companies outnumber inhabitants, businesses have operated in relative obscurity for years. Now that is beginning to change.

Nevis' 17,000 companies, few of which have offices on the island,
are drawn by confidentiality laws and the lack of taxes _ traditions that have given offshore financial havens worldwide a reputation for tax evasion, dirty money and fraud.

i am beginning to wonder how random the decision to incorporate his assets and records on the island of nevis was.

edit - more information on nevis
http://www.alcoinc.com/web/Offshore%...nies/Nevis.htm
Benefits of the Nevis Corporation
ˇ No taxes are imposed in Nevis upon income, dividends or distributions which are not earned on the island;
ˇ Annual reports or financial returns are not required to be filed;
ˇ Principle office and records may be located anywhere in the world;
ˇ Directors, Officers and Shareholders need not be citizens or residents of Nevis;
ˇ A corporation may act as Director and as Secretary;
ˇ Bearer shares are permitted;
ˇ Limited business activity may be carried out in Nevis while still maintaining tax exemption;
ˇ Authority to redomicile in or out of the country;
ˇ A Managing Director may be appointed to guide the activities of the company;
ˇ Directors and Shareholders may act by unanimous consent without a meeting;
ˇ No disclosure of Owners, Officers, or Directors;
ˇ No requirement for annual financial returns;
ˇ Freedom to locate offices and records wherever desired;
ˇ Ability to maintain certain control without ownership;
ˇ No requirement that officers or directors be citizens of the country;
ˇ Freedom to issue bearer shares;
ˇ Strict privacy laws.

and i also have a copy of -
THE NEVIS INTERNATIONAL EXEMPT TRUST ORDINANCE, 1994
(as amended, 2000)

if anybody wants to read the 26 page document let me know.

Last edited by theaphextwin84; Oct 7, 2003 at 12:01 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

from http://www.webfreetrade.com/offersga...s/offer22.html
Offer Title: Company incorporation on Nevis Island
Item Price: 1150.00
Quantity: service
Offer Type: sell
Country Code: KN

Offer Description:
The company incorporation is part of the package of measures aimed to protect individual from the acquisitive crimes. The main point of the measures is to keep in secret the confidential information about the individual's income and financial position. This is achieved by the transfer of the property and finances from the individual to his Nevis company. The whole package of the measures include: - incorporation of Nevis company; - assistance in the account opening for the new company; - assistance in the payment cards issue; - consulting services regarding the use of the company; - assistance in the property transfer procedures; - representation in different bodies of power and local authorities; - other legal services.

how would you like to protect your company through a company registered on the island of nevis ..... only 1150 dollars.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Celm
JUST PUT IT TO REST!!!
If by "IT" you mean "Evolution Imports" then that is exactly what I'm trying to do: hang a big fat "REST in Peace" sign over them.

I'll reconsider if they ever decide to go legit, which is to say: if they ever become a DOT Registered Importer.

Do you think I'm just making this stuff up?

BTW, you (and others) may have recourse against the orginal Florida corporation, Evolution Motors Limited, Inc., since you made your deal prior to the formation of Evolution Imports, LLC in Nevis. It's unlikely that Evolution Motors has any assets, but you never know.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 04:45 PM

I, for one, appreciate someone actually researching something and posting information to this board. Not to mention it's interesting and very good stuff to know, in case anyone were to be suckered in to giving away their money.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 07:18 PM

I aint gonna lie. When I was first looking to buy an EVO, I called Adam of EI and almost sent him $32,000 for an EVO VIII. He was a very personable guy and made every assurance that he and EI was legit. Sent me copies of legal documents/applications for legalization of the EVO. He told me that the founder of Motorex (Skyline importer) was the co-founder of EI.
Anyways, I didn't send them any money but did buy a US EVO VIII. Best dam thing I ever bought!!!!!
Old Oct 7, 2003, 07:20 PM

Dam good researchin Senor. Hey, you wouldn't happen to be able to tell us who shot Kennedy would ya? Or if Roswell happened? JK, thanks for info man.

Quick Reply: Evolution Imports [Super Mega Merge]