Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evolution Imports [Super Mega Merge]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2005, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Celm
If EI is selling anything they should be stepping up and giving those earnings to the folks who have not received cars and haven't been repaid their money. Once that happens EI may earn back a very small amount of the credibility they lost. I have been waiting for my refund for a year now. Where does EI stand on this issue?

Scot,
The way EI was trying to bring in cars is first registering the cars in states that require less paperwork to prove what it is (i.e., Florida, Missouri, etc) by giving the perspective buyer a secondary residence in that state. Then a few months or a year later you can then take the car to your local DMV with your Title and registration from your other "residence" and get it re-registered. They were trying to do it this way last I talked to them. Maybe they have been successful with it. Not exactly legal, but kinda sorta.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Not legal....... the list does not show any Evo VII's or any JDM EVO VIII's.... so.... any Evo VII that is on the road is illegal... no if's, and's or but's about it....... You cannot simply go around the NATIONAL system by tricking a particulare state.

Apparently there are bigger fish to fry, but it is pretty lame that EI continues to try to sell this **** to people who are just getting suckered.

Originally Posted by UncleXSO
Celm
Scot,
The way EI was trying to bring in cars is first registering the cars in states that require less paperwork to prove what it is (i.e., Florida, Missouri, etc) by giving the perspective buyer a secondary residence in that state. Then a few months or a year later you can then take the car to your local DMV with your Title and registration from your other "residence" and get it re-registered. They were trying to do it this way last I talked to them. Maybe they have been successful with it. Not exactly legal, but kinda sorta.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 11:19 AM

Lightbulb Chill Out

Why are u guys so upset - if people decide to purchase the cars that is their issue
Old Mar 1, 2005, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

you are a little late to the show.....readers digest version...... Evolution Imports took deposits from people for a USA legal (which is not possible even today) back about 3 years ago..... they are **still** trying to sell usa legal **** which is not usa legal...... you can read the 40+ pages for all the details.

People on this website are just trying to help someone else NOT get ripped off...

Originally Posted by Derock
Why are u guys so upset - if people decide to purchase the cars that is their issue
Old Jul 18, 2005, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Bump. That's for You EI. Keeping it real.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 06:52 PM
Account Disabled

Old Jul 18, 2005, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Hope all goes well for ya in Florida. Obviously business is going well enough that you need to be closer. I hope you guys get everything you have coming to you. Hope you're enjoying my $11329.00 by the way.

Did I mention folks that EI is well oiled scam machine? Watch your wallets and your souls.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Frank,
Just PM'd you my cell number in case EI misplaced it over there. Call me anytime.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Frank,
What I gather from your lack of response is that EI does not dispute the fact that they owe several people $10's of thousands of dollars and have not delivered legal or street legal cars. Maybe a few have made it under the legal radar, but only a few. What about all that money man? Does it really feel all that great knowing you have made a living by ruining several peoples lives by ripping them off? You talk about divorce in some of your threads, imagine the impact EI has made on married couples. Shame on us for not doing our homework better to begin with, but shame on EI for taking advantage of it. I sincerely hope that EI comes forward and pays everyone back. I guess when you hear stories about new houses, Elises, G-wagons, etc. It's become more and more obvious EI has no intentions of doing so. It's a shame, because if you and Adam put half the effort into importing these things legally as you have trying to skirt the system and ripping people off in the process, you guys could have done something worth while. If it's just that difficult then stop taking peoples money with hallow promises. Just stop.

If EI feels I am in the wrong here for posting these accusations I am sure there are several folks on here that would like to hear EI's side of the story.

Adam - Hope all is well with you and your family. Heard you had a new addition to the family recently. Congrats. Children make all the difference in the world. Think about that and the impact you have had on others with families. Maybe you'll reconsider your actions then.

UncleXSO
Old Jul 19, 2005, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Bump. Anyone else like info on EI? I have some new info if anyone is interested. PM me.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 07:06 AM
Account Disabled

so would I,please Elaborate
Old Jul 19, 2005, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by UncleXSO
Frank,
What I gather from your lack of response is that EI does not dispute the fact that they owe several people $10's of thousands of dollars and have not delivered legal or street legal cars. Maybe a few have made it under the legal radar, but only a few. What about all that money man? Does it really feel all that great knowing you have made a living by ruining several peoples lives by ripping them off? You talk about divorce in some of your threads, imagine the impact EI has made on married couples. Shame on us for not doing our homework better to begin with, but shame on EI for taking advantage of it. I sincerely hope that EI comes forward and pays everyone back. I guess when you hear stories about new houses, Elises, G-wagons, etc. It's become more and more obvious EI has no intentions of doing so. It's a shame, because if you and Adam put half the effort into importing these things legally as you have trying to skirt the system and ripping people off in the process, you guys could have done something worth while. If it's just that difficult then stop taking peoples money with hallow promises. Just stop.

If EI feels I am in the wrong here for posting these accusations I am sure there are several folks on here that would like to hear EI's side of the story.

Adam - Hope all is well with you and your family. Heard you had a new addition to the family recently. Congrats. Children make all the difference in the world. Think about that and the impact you have had on others with families. Maybe you'll reconsider your actions then.

UncleXSO
I'll second this. Adam is a liar plain and simple. He won't even have the decency to pick up his damn phone, or respond to emails, like he forgets that I gave him almost 40K with nothing to show for it.

Regarding their business...EI is delivering "parts" cars, hence their ability to deliver all these exotic cars. They basically gave up on their Evo 7 & 8 petition. Anyone who has a car delivered to them from EI essentially has a "kit car".
Old Jul 19, 2005, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Celm
so would I,please Elaborate
Dont you work for them?

Why dont you respond to this guys accusations or elaborate to whats happening with peoples cars? I mean why doesn't adam or whatever return calls or emails?

Can't you clear the air right here right now? Why let these guys bash your company to death and potentially kill all future business if what they are saying isnt true. Without you defending your company I take this as you mocking people that have been ripped off .

Ps. You suck by association. SCAM ARTIST.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Bumpity bump. Please let me know if you would like any info on EI before doing business with them.

UncleXSO

Last edited by UncleXSO; Jul 25, 2005 at 04:24 PM. Reason: typo's
Old Jul 27, 2005, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

I saw on the Elise board....... CELM (or actually I think ADAM) was selling an Elise which made it's way to EBAY.......then they bid on their own auction by bidding with the name that was set up to sell an Evo VII.... doh!!!!

I guess there is nothing in their lives that is legit.

Hey UncleXSO- go ahead and post what you got. Can't hurt. I would hope at this point everyone under (and over) the sun knows that EI is a scam.

I think Senor Info had the best stuff when he looked up all of their **** from whatever island that was in the carribean.

Quick Reply: Evolution Imports [Super Mega Merge]