Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evolution Imports [Super Mega Merge]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2002, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In England we do not have any BHP restrictions so they quite happly make more powerful ones. Anyway, much like the Skyline, they just claim that it is 279 bhp but it is well over.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 08:33 PM

Have you hear of the EVO 300FQ? (F**KING QUICK) really that is what it stands for. It is an offcial EVO only for the UK and europien markets and it has 300+ bhp. So there you have it, it is not an Extreme evo and it is official

http://www.mitsubishiownersclub.com/news.html
Old Jul 29, 2002, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Karl,

I do understand that cars, parts and service cost money, believe me! However, it is unfair to say "not everyone is as well off as you" since you do not know my financial situation and as it is none of your business.
I could say the same about you (after all you bought a car for 36,000 or something and talk about buying suspension fro several thousand USD), so let's not even start that debate.

An Evo that costs 30,000 USD will require that you have at least 40,000 to fit decent suspension exhaust and ECU, service and maintenance and insurance. Not everybody has or can obtain a credit for that amount of money and unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about that.

Most of the problems people on the lancerregister have are due to poor knowledge of their dealers and bad tuning, very rarely to manufacturing problems. They get bolts not tightened correctly, too lean or too rich running ECUs etc etc. In the USA, there are a lot more specialized companies who can build engines and modify turbos and who know what they're doing!

Claudius,

you mentioned my name, but you are talking to the wrong person ! I think you were replying back to "RA29", not me !!!
So you better take back what you said about me

Karl
Old Jul 29, 2002, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

You're still a bastard, though

Old Jul 29, 2002, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah there are some minor mods that need to be done, it's not finalized yet so I can't give you too many details, but i do know that the ECU is gonna be reprogrammed to pass emissions.
Also, the vapor nozzle needs to be added in the fuel tank to meet US standards. Right now if you open up the gas cap, it's wide open in there.
Also the OBDII system needs to be fitted in.

I'm sure there'll be some other tidbits but nothing major at all.

Last edited by WRC4ever; Jul 30, 2002 at 11:16 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 11:33 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

WRC4ever,
Get some pics and a review of your new EVO when you get a chance.

Can't wait...
Old Jul 29, 2002, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

dazz, I posted pics of my Evo in the General Forum. Look for the "One Sweet Car" subject thread.

There's a tiny initial review, but not much, since I ran outta gas after less than 2 miles
Old Jul 30, 2002, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by Evolution Se7en
They didn't get their rides just yet. They've come to the US, yes, but they are being converted at the AMG shop in Santa Ana. I was there today. I talked to the two dudes who bought the first two Evo imports. One red, one blue. Pretty sweet car...I will post pictures soon

EVII
I'm not sure about them being the 1st ones but sweet cars nonetheless...here's a white one from the last local autosport show

Last edited by LiQUid; Jul 30, 2002 at 11:05 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not sure about them being the 1st ones but sweet cars nonetheless...here's a white one from the last local autosport show

Might not be the 1st evo imports, but I think they are the 1st that will be fully country-wide street legal. The one shown in your pics is an RS used for rally (can even tell there's a full-on roll cage in there, not to mention the very DISCREET pod light )

Quick Reply: Evolution Imports [Super Mega Merge]