Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evolution Imports [Super Mega Merge]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2006, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so u cant get no more evo 7's now because the evo 8 is out?? what if somebody just wanted to order a evo 7 rs2?
Old May 17, 2006, 04:20 PM
Account Disabled

i can only get the RHD GSR`s now.the RS2 wasnt high number produced like the GSR so the people in europe that own the RS2 wont sell them cheap
Old May 17, 2006, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

trust me i know the rs2 are really exspensive ( the ones i seen for sale) even to part them out they want like $800 for a evo 7 wing "crazy"
Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

There is no such thing as a legally registed Evo VII in the USA other than one that some foreigner may have brought in for the 1 year exemption.

Your car is not titled as a Evo VII with an Evo VII vin number.

Originally Posted by SilverMRGrl
no its registered and its totally legal trust me even PA inspected too!
Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

here is a link to the current list of "eligible" (and legal) vehicles. no Evo VII on the list.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...LIG010906.html
Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:33 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Scot
There is no such thing as a legally registed Evo VII in the USA other than one that some foreigner may have brought in for the 1 year exemption.

this kids has no clue again what he is talking about.here is a passage right from the DOT web site regarding titling

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/.../#Anchor-63420

6. Motor Vehicle Titling and Registration

NHTSA is not responsible for regulating the operation of motor vehicles on public roads in the U.S. or for titling or registering motor vehicles for such operation. That is instead the responsibility of the individual States. Some States may require a manufacturer's certificate of origin (MCO) or manufacturer's statement of origin (MSO) to register a new motor vehicle. These are not federally required documents. NHTSA, therefore, is not in a position to offer guidance to prospective vehicle manufacturers or vehicle purchasers on obtaining a needed MCO or MSO. Consumers with questions regarding these documents should direct those questions to their State’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Prospective manufacturers seeking guidance on obtaining MCO or MSO documents should contact the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) at 703-522-4201 or visit that organization's website at http://www.aamva.org.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

yeah your right " I DONT HAVE A REGISTRATION CARD AND MY CARS NOT INSURED OR ANYTHING!!! YOUR RIGHT ITS NOT I FORGOT IAM SORRY YOUR RIGHT!

wow talk about ppl on the fourms today think they know everything in the world! wow
Old Jun 1, 2006, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

here is a link to the current list of "eligible" (and legal) vehicles. no Evo VII on the list.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...LIG010906.html

this dude got the ***** to come on here and post stuff that he THINKS he knows and get this?????? he dosent even drive an evo.,go back to the honduh fourms buddy
Old Jun 2, 2006, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

so, I have been here since August of 2001 and had the first Evo VIII from my local dealer. I just recently sold it for something neater (neater to me anyway)... You have been a member for less than 7 months.....wooooooot.....

Moving on......

Is your Evo VII registered as a Mitsubishi Evo VII? is it insured as a Mitsu Evo VII?

this dude got the ***** to come on here and post stuff that he THINKS he knows and get this?????? he dosent even drive an evo.,go back to the honduh fourms buddy

Last edited by Scot; Jun 2, 2006 at 08:13 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

If it isn't on the list, then it isn't legal..... doesn't matter how you trick a state into getting it titled (kit car, old mirage title, etc.....)

So Celm, why aren't you (EI) selling Evo VII's if they can be legally registered? There are a bunch of people who would pay for one......

Might have something to do with them NOT BEING LEGAL.....

Originally Posted by Celm
this kids has no clue again what he is talking about.here is a passage right from the DOT web site regarding titling

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/.../#Anchor-63420

6. Motor Vehicle Titling and Registration

NHTSA is not responsible for regulating the operation of motor vehicles on public roads in the U.S. or for titling or registering motor vehicles for such operation. That is instead the responsibility of the individual States. Some States may require a manufacturer's certificate of origin (MCO) or manufacturer's statement of origin (MSO) to register a new motor vehicle. These are not federally required documents. NHTSA, therefore, is not in a position to offer guidance to prospective vehicle manufacturers or vehicle purchasers on obtaining a needed MCO or MSO. Consumers with questions regarding these documents should direct those questions to their State’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Prospective manufacturers seeking guidance on obtaining MCO or MSO documents should contact the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) at 703-522-4201 or visit that organization's website at http://www.aamva.org.

Last edited by Scot; Jun 2, 2006 at 08:15 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

so, I have been here since August of 2001 and had the first Evo VIII from my local dealer. I just recently sold it for something neater (neater to me anyway)... You have been a member for less than 7 months.....wooooooot.....

Moving on......

Is your Evo VII registered as a Mitsubishi Evo VII? is it insured as a Mitsu Evo VII?

Yes my Evo VII is registered as a MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION VII. And YES on the insurance card it says MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION VII. And on the title it also says MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION VII!
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

I would have to call BS on that...... take a pic, white out your name and post a picture.....

Sure seems funny that yours is "completely legal" yet EI can't even sell them because they aren't legal.....

Yes my Evo VII is registered as a MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION VII. And YES on the insurance card it says MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION VII. And on the title it also says MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION VII!
Old Jun 2, 2006, 03:14 PM
Account Disabled

Insulting another member

Last edited by timzcat; Jun 3, 2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 03:18 PM
Account Disabled

Insulting another member

Last edited by timzcat; Jun 3, 2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Watch the trash talking Celm.

Quick Reply: Evolution Imports [Super Mega Merge]