Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evolution Imports [Super Mega Merge]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2006, 01:34 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
I think this is all everyone needs right now.

http://www.orlando.bbb.org/newsearch...07330012002719
repost x10000000
Old Jun 5, 2006, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

well silvermrgrl can post in here she got her car from EI so id say she can post in here!!
Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

since I am from PA too....i pulled out one of my titles.... it does not list the actual model on the title. So, i guess as long as it was titled in a different state first (somehow), the it can make it's way into PA without getting flagged.....

that doesn't make it legal since the car isn't on the list of legal cars, but as long as no one else gives a **** sounds like it works.

Like i said before... if they were legal, someone would be selling a few of them per month like the Skylines from Motorex....

as far as me being jealous... I think my car > Evo VII, but to each their own.

Originally Posted by SilverMRGrl
thank u frank! for informing us about the "model" on the title
Old Jun 7, 2006, 01:29 PM

FWIW, there is a company based out the MiamiIntAirport called Auto Terminals if my memory serves me correct. When I was there I saw a ton of grey market cars in their possession. Unfortunately, the Miami port was a temporary holding ground until these cars made their way to some Caribbean island for conversion to left hand drive. I thought EI was a broker for Auto Terminals at some point. I'm positive though that Auto Terminals cannot and will not sell any of these cars located at the Miami terminal as they do not meet any US requirements.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 02:13 PM

why do they have to convert them to LHD, why not leave them RHD?
Old Jun 7, 2006, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Blue By You Evo
you can find out where a car is located by its license plate number now, and with the vin, someone can probably find out to the smallest detail and tell if u have leather or cloth interior hah.but true.

people still register modded/nice cars to where they live nowadays P.O. boxes are cool
Old Jun 7, 2006, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Certain states will not allow you to register a car to a P.O. Box.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

You can't hide anything behind a PO anyway. It's the government and they will give out the owners info at the drop of a hat to any other agency.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 07:48 PM

Hey UncleXSO if you are still reading this I would like to talk to you about EI. I sent you a PM.
Anybody else who has had problems should email me also. They have taken my money and delivered nothing after more than a year. As a group up we may be able to work together.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

gawa1,
I have been corresponding with your parents and the first thing I would like to say is thanks for being an enlisted man and fighting for our freedoms here back in the states that some of us seem to take for granted. And thanks to EI once again for stooping to all new lows.

The advise I have given your parents is to get a lawyer "Breach of Contract, etc.). EI has managed to dance around just about everything else.

Mr. Burdette, (Celm - not sure if you're still involved these days)
Seems you still have it in you to take peoples money for nothing I see. I hope you don't **** of the wrong person some day. You guys aren't all that hard to find. DOn't take that as personal threat because it's not. I'm done with this now, but, it just seems like you guys are pressing your luck with this stuff by continuing to take people's money without anything in return.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone who has been scammed by EI should file a complaint with the FBI Internet Crimes site. They actually do investigate frequent reports.

Celm has been permanently banned from this site.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 11:05 AM

I'm hearing that Adam has bankrupted Evolution Imports. So those of you waiting for cars had best stop just waiting for him to call you. By the way, he has started another company called ABJMS. He lives in a $600,000 house and his home address is on the Florida corporation web site under his new company name if you would like to try to reach him. I guess I paid for one of his bedrooms with my 15K.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 06:17 PM

update on how to complain if you have been a victim of Adam at Evolution Imports:

contact the US Secret Service, 135 W Central Ste 670, Orlando,Fl 32801 or
Orange County Consumer Fraud Unit, 415 North Orange Ave, PO Box 1673, Orlando, Fl 32802
Old Oct 18, 2006, 07:30 PM

It took over a year and a half to get my $10k+ back from Adam. I consider myself very lucky on that. His new company is TVR USA, and now he's trying to import those vehicles. I bet you ABJMS stands for "Adam Burdette, Joanna Michelle Simmons" The second name is his wife's. Clever! If you want to research further about the status of his companies (or any other company in Florida), go to www.sunbiz.org.

One more thing. I do know someone who can get skylines state registered (not US dot or us epa, etc), and he's pretty good. I know someone who bought one from him. Straight-forward person. try www.fast4wheels.com, meet him and make your own judgement. That's what I did. Good luck with your money situations everyone, God knows it is an absolute hell.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:48 PM

Adams new company

There is a disclaimer about a tvr north america on the TVR website. I guess this is about Adam's company. Buyer's beware. Adam just left a bunch of EI customers with no car and out thousands of dollars each just this month. Where'd he get the money to start a new company? As if I had to ask.

Quick Reply: Evolution Imports [Super Mega Merge]