Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is this rear damage repairable?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2009 | 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gtride
I think that the price is already little high. You also got to consier of delivering it from NC - RALEIGH thats going to run you about another $850. How much is that person charging you to buy at that auction? I can probably make a better deal for you if I buy it for you. Let me know.

I dont know why he covered the rims, but they look ugly anyways:

Considering it only got 32k miles, and looks unmoded i wouldnt spend more then 6k on it. Best part is that is and SE w/5 speed.

Here is what you got to replace:
both rear 1/4 panels
trunk area
probably cut off some of bend rear frame rails

Parts would run you around $3-4k
Labor would be around $3-4k depends on the how good you wanted to be. You can probably get it done for $1500 but i wouldnt trust it on the track. I would also get an RS if you going to track it.

It end up being $14k evo 9 for you, i think thats too expensive. I got mine everything for $12k evo9 MR SE w/2500 miles in October 07. Its really up to you. Let me know what you want me to help you out.

I have some rear end parts available still.
PM'd you man about your offer.
The rims do look ugly btw. And im not sure how much it will go for. I can set my limit plus the delivery fee and go from there. But its only one of the options, Im still looking around
Old Jun 18, 2009 | 11:37 PM

im into an 04 for 12,500 with just over 40k on the clock. i also bought mine smashed with rear damage. cost me 2500 to fix it all up! but thats cuz the frame rack is sittin in my garage lol
Old Jun 19, 2009 | 02:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by abdizzle
My brother got his 9 SE with 17K miles for $13K all said and done.

My 8 cost me $7K.

Why on earth would I want to pay 3 times that amount for the same car but with a paper that doesn't say "Salvage." Indistinguishable otherwise.

And yes, IX's go for $5-8K all the time in the Auctions.
Salvaged IX's go for that much at the auctions

I picked up my 8 for $7500 as a flood vehicle and after $2k into it's in great shape

That car originally posted is going to cost $6-7k to fix and needs to spend some time on a frame jig.
Old Jun 19, 2009 | 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

where are you guys getting these salvage/flood damage/wrecked evos? i would love to get one and would be more than happy to pay someone to help me obtain one from an auction.
Old Jun 19, 2009 | 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by alex_s817
where are you guys getting these salvage/flood damage/wrecked evos? i would love to get one and would be more than happy to pay someone to help me obtain one from an auction.
Yes me to!!!! Evo's around here in Florida are worth there weight in gold at salvage auctions
Old Jun 19, 2009 | 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tvieira24
Salvaged IX's go for that much at the auctions

I picked up my 8 for $7500 as a flood vehicle and after $2k into it's in great shape

That car originally posted is going to cost $6-7k to fix and needs to spend some time on a frame jig.
You just reiterated what I already stated. That car will NOT cost $7 grand to fix, that's a ridiculous amount. That's the preposterous number an insurance company would claim damage repair would cost. You can get away with half of that IMO. Most costly being a rear clip from another Evo, that's it.

I would honestly never pay $20K+ for a used Evo IX.
Old Jun 19, 2009 | 05:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by abdizzle
You just reiterated what I already stated. That car will NOT cost $7 grand to fix, that's a ridiculous amount. That's the preposterous number an insurance company would claim damage repair would cost. You can get away with half of that IMO. Most costly being a rear clip from another Evo, that's it.

I would honestly never pay $20K+ for a used Evo IX.
It won't cost $7k to fix if you're doing the work yourself but $6k - $7k is what most shops around here would charge to repair extensive rear end damage when the rear 1/4 has to be replaced.
Old Jun 19, 2009 | 09:43 PM
Account Disabled

just fix her up. i love black
Old Jun 20, 2009 | 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tvieira24
It won't cost $7k to fix if you're doing the work yourself but $6k - $7k is what most shops around here would charge to repair extensive rear end damage when the rear 1/4 has to be replaced.

^I agree.
I got in a rear ended incident and the estimate was around $8k. Not as much damage in the pics but still the cost was high. Luckily the other persons insurance claim paid for it all.
Old Jun 20, 2009 | 12:10 PM

You know these cars go through a special assembly line where the double up the laser welds and etc to make em Evos? That said, I'll waffle now by saying if that's not critical for you then yeah you could get it repaired, but check with a race fabrication shop as a 1st step, maybe Road RRE. Not sure where you are, so I guess email them.
Old Jun 25, 2009 | 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Changed my mind on this one guys. Not enough funds for repairs
Old Jun 25, 2009 | 04:40 PM

if u want to make a race car out of the i would say its a good buy. i have a stock trunk lid if u want to buy it just pm me
Old Jun 25, 2009 | 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

i was thinking of trying my hand at something like this but a track car
put these two together and you have a clean title track beast for 12k

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Incre...7%7C240%3A1318

http://www.salvagedirect.com/asp/vie...?itemid=716590
Old Jun 26, 2009 | 07:46 PM

My BMW 323is got smashed almost identically. Cost $15K to fix. Should cost similarly to fix your car.
Old Jun 26, 2009 | 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gtride
Yep for 12k back in October 07. I had two cars and assembled it in to one good clean evo 9. It took me almost 6 month to get the right car as a parts car.

Here is the VID of me ****ing around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSbfoLufwFI
haha so you're the owner of that video! Funny comments you got there.

Quick Reply: Is this rear damage repairable?