Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ebc

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2009, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ebc

hey, am starting to mod the evo, but i want to do it the right way, i want to buy a ebc, but i dont know what to look at, i dont want anything super special, what would be the best bang for your buck ebc. im looking for everybodys imput, problems, comments, reviews, anything. if you have an ebc tell me about it.

Last edited by Smike; Jun 22, 2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 05:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're considering doing a EBC save the money and do the GM 3port setup and a JDM map sensor. Total is going to cost you around $100 or less and you'll have a better setup.

As far as the BOV, just keep checking the "private for sale" section and you'll see one sooner or later. Its a pretty popular item so you should find one pretty quickly.

Cheers!
Old Jun 21, 2009, 08:52 PM

bump
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

you got the perfect answer above, but since you dont seem to like it I run a Greddy Profec B II and its not bad at all
Old Jun 22, 2009, 03:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I inherited a car with an HKS EVC VI. Haven't driven the car yet but I plan on driving it like this for a while and then going to JDM Map sensor and GM 3 Port setup once I get more confidence using ECUFlash
Old Jun 22, 2009, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

I used to only use my Greddy Profec E-01. I moved to a manual.

I really only benefitted using the EBC on a stock (small) turbo. The larger turbos I just use an MBC. Doesnt have to be an EBC to be "doing it the right way".
Old Jun 22, 2009, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
I'm running a Blitz SBC Id EBC and I have no issues. I find that running an EBC is better then MBC in the winter. Instead of popping the hood all I have to do it turn a dial located right infront of me. The other advantage I like is the built in failsafe or warning if for some reason I run too much boost it will back the turbo down to wastegate pressure. 3rd advantage I have and this is very noticable with the new turbo I have I can hold more boost to redline vs MBC.

To compare boost controllers I can only share what I have heard about the others. I have 3 friends who have or had the Profec B. I only think one of them liked it. One guy's wastegate actuator died on the dyno and the other guy I think tossed it and went ECU controlled boost

AEM trueboost I heard is good but it can only put a turbo to 25 or 30psi.

Oh and I had the Apex boost controller don't bother that thing is way too complicated.

I don't really know too much about ECU controlled boost but apparently it has gotten much better.

Hope that helps
Old Jun 22, 2009, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Search, read stickies, closed.