Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Crazy battery setup!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2009, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn. The things that people do to their cars!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 09:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha yikes!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by revvin9k
Only in Florida! Datz how we does it!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
I wanna see some track time and some zip ties break and the battery flailing about in the engine bay!

he couldent even get track time with a batt setup like that when the did there quick inspection they would turn him right around.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

weight reduction? haha
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
waits for why won't my car start thread... I bet he blows a couple fuses, when he forgets to put the block of wood back. Doh!

Good Luck!

Michael
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:08 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
waits for why won't my car start thread... I bet he blows a couple fuses, when he forgets to put the block of wood back. Doh!

Good Luck!

Michael
haha , you know when i asked him why you dont change that to your trunk or buy a battery tray he said "i dont have time" ..
well i want to see when somethings happend to that car he is not going to have "time" and "Car"
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tony@hzmachineshop
haha , you know when i asked him why you dont change that to your trunk or buy a battery tray he said "i dont have time" ..
well i want to see when somethings happend to that car he is not going to have "time" and "Car"

No offense, but how can you guys let the car leave the shop like that?

It's clearly a safety issue, not only to himself, but it could be for others as well.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cmj
Some people should just keep their hands off cars when it comes to maintenance and repairs.

My friend calls me up and says his car won't start. I get to his house to check it out for him, turn the key and get a click. So I'm thinking the batt. is low. While standing around his garage I see 15-20 empty quarts of oil, this guy can't change his own tire why does he have all these empty oil containers? I ask about it and he tells me that he decided to try and change his oil by himself. Turns out he kept on filling until it reached the top of the oil fill cap. I had to drain the oil, pull the plugs and crank out the oil that was in the cylinders.
I think this is quite possibly the best/funniest story I've heard on here in a long long time. for you sir!

On a flip note though, those people that do stupid things like that tend to be ones who feel pressured to work on their own cars... Granted, I am not nearly that dumb, but I did feel pretty pressured to do my own work on the Evo from the community, and there's a lot of things I'm glad I didn't attempt on my own.

Originally Posted by SqEvoVIII
I like how most people think this is funny. First someone who does this should not have the priviledge to drive an EVO. Secondly after seeing many accidents in the body shop where a battery has come loose and even been a projectile, we will see how funny it is when some has major injurys from shade tree installs. Just my .02.

PS, at least the battery is on the drivers side, so if it does go through the windshield it will at least take out the moron who can't go to the dealer and drop $50 on a battery tray.
$50 that could be spent on cheap hookers and cocaine man! Don't you know the demographics of Evo owners?

Originally Posted by revvin9k
No offense, but how can you guys let the car leave the shop like that?

It's clearly a safety issue, not only to himself, but it could be for others as well.
I don't think it left their shop, he stated it was just a friend's car. And if his friend is anything like mine, even with my car knowledge, they won't let me suggest better ways to work on their own car (or get work done on it). Luckily driving it is another story and they trust me with that.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

WTF!Wow thats a cheap and horrible quick fix!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 01:16 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
I think this is quite possibly the best/funniest story I've heard on here in a long long time. for you sir!

On a flip note though, those people that do stupid things like that tend to be ones who feel pressured to work on their own cars... Granted, I am not nearly that dumb, but I did feel pretty pressured to do my own work on the Evo from the community, and there's a lot of things I'm glad I didn't attempt on my own.

$50 that could be spent on cheap hookers and cocaine man! Don't you know the demographics of Evo owners?

I don't think it left their shop, he stated it was just a friend's car. And if his friend is anything like mine, even with my car knowledge, they won't let me suggest better ways to work on their own car (or get work done on it). Luckily driving it is another story and they trust me with that.
Exactly... this picture is at a friend house, he thinks things will be just fine like that and there is no need to do buy a tray or "no time" for relocation... I can give advice to a friend but if he won't take the suggestion there is not much you can do.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Man I thought this came into your shop and left like this... I feel a bit better, but I still think your "friend" is a tool...

Friends don't let friends drive garbage
Old Jun 24, 2009, 02:06 PM
Account Disabled

Man I thought this came into your shop and left like this... I feel a bit better, but I still think your "friend" is a tool...

Friends don't let friends drive garbage
You can help as long as the person accepts the help, but if he does not want to listen to suggestions etc, not much you can do... no matter how much you want to help him.

The car itself is quite cool... but that part is a huge FAIL.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree 100% sometimes you just have to shake your head, walk away, and wait for the I told you so line...
Old Jun 24, 2009, 02:20 PM
Account Disabled

I agree 100% sometimes you just have to shake your head, walk away, and wait for the I told you so line...
Yeah, I'm just hoping he relocates the battery or get a tray soon enough to avoid reaching the: "I told you so part"