Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need help: Bought some parts from members in here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Need help: Bought some parts from members in here

Ok, I don't really know how to go about this. I recently sent $635 for a fellow member in Evolutionm that promise to send me 4 items in "excellent" condition. Passenger: fender, front door, rear door and side skirt. Sent the money back in May May 18. He claim that he drop off the parts at Greyhound around May 23 or so and I should be getting it in a week. A week gone by nothing. Contacted him and he said give it another week. Ask him for tracking number. He gave me a tracking number for a different person that bought parts from him. Contact him again and he finally gave me the right track number. Call Greyhound and they said that the parts weren't drop off until June 2. To make this story short, he note me back in June 5th "yeah i did man i got 3 people with similar last names. yes sent to the right person. if you dont recieve the package by next week money is yours.". Anyway, the door finally arrived. ONE door arrived and is damaged. He only packaged with one layer of cardboard box and duct tape the bottom. The lady at the greyhound station said the package weren't good that's why it fell off and causes the damage. I didn't want to take it but if i left it with Greyhound, there were going to charge $3/day for storage so I told the guy I'll take it just so there won't be any charge for me or him. I kindly ask for my refund less $100 for the damage door since I don't have the other parts. He said that he'll only gave me $275 because it cost a lot to ship them. Is that my problem? Is that where the insurance he put on the parts when he ship them for? Sorry for the long story. But I need some help to get my money back so I can put my car back together. Thanks
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He should of insured the items he shipped. If he told you he would then he needs to cover them, if he never said he would insure the item then it's partly your fault. You could always file a claim with your bank if you paid through paypal and tell them the items were not received as you were promised.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
This should be in the scam thread. Not here. Closed. Repost in that thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...m-alert-5.html