Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

350hp

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2009, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 350hp

hey i want to hear everyones imput. SInce im on a budget for now because of times, and i have to pay for school. i want get 350hp,that is my goal for this year. Next year i will probably bump it up to 400. but for now gotta stay low. i want to know what the simplest modds to buy, i read modding for dummies and it stated to not buy things you dont need. so im asking all the tuners out there for suggestions,and setups. I will be tuning it at ams. I've read lots of guys with stis do a 300hp/310ftlbs tune. if possible could i do a 350hp/360 or 370ftlbs tune, or will my torque always be lower. A buddy suggested that i get 3 seperate tunes an aggressive, and daily driver and a highway tune. (its only a suggestion just want to hear imput not downput) so i want to hear what you guys think, and all the words of wisdom you evo owners have.
thanks
Old Jun 24, 2009, 04:54 PM

I think the first step would be meth.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 04:55 PM

yea ok
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:00 PM

Well when I first got my car I had a MBC meth BOV intake and tune and I made alittle more than 300.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Since you are taking it to AMS why don't you just ask them. Coming on hear and asking for opinions is going to confuse you at best and make you a PITA to deal with when you take it to AMS.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ALLBLACK-EVO
Since you are taking it to AMS why don't you just ask them. Coming on hear and asking for opinions is going to confuse you at best and make you a PITA to deal with when you take it to AMS.
I agree as people here have several different set-ups going. I have found that when working with an experienced shop like AMS explain your goals along with your budget they should set you down the right path. Best of luck
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

do basic bolt ons like most of the other people who just start modding. u never know what power u will make though every car is different and so is every dyno
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

I have been from below stock hp to 450 on meth and back to mild-- spent WAY too much $ in the process. Follow advise above, Talk to a good shop and explain your goals and budget.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:29 PM

thanks

thanks i will be doing that this weekend also then.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

You should ask whoever is going to tune your car, If you trust them enough to tune your car then you should trust their advice.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Perhaps like basic bolt ons.

-TBE Exaust
-Manual Boost Controler
-Boost Gauge
-Meth is good for making power
-Drop in air filter or Intake
-Upper Lower InterCooler Piping
-Bov
-And a DynoFlash Tune...

And Make Sure Its Buschur Power lol
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mad Gorilla1911
yea ok
You realize he's talking methanol injection, right? I don't know if it is the first step but depending on the gas quality you have locally (good 93 or not?) that is not a bad supporting mod. It won't get you to 350whp though - probably 350 at the crank though!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

personally i think people who walk in saying hey i want this power are retarded.... not trying to be offensive but most of the people want this horsepower number so they can tell their friends.... why not take alittle bit of time checking out different brands, parts, learn about the parts a little and why they affect power and base your decisions off of what you want on your car and what you'll use it for rather than hearing people use this this and this to make 350..... so your doing the same thing as everyone so your can say you have this much power.... i just think it's stupid i spent alot of time learning like everyone does but theres always seems to be a certain way everyone goes..... say maybe turbo back exhaust, intake, boost controller and tune for the first parts do work on those and pick out what suits you..... then theres intercoolers, piping, cams, fuel pump and what not... do the same with those. obviously get some opinions from people and ask question like they were sayin above but do your thing man you'll be happy in the end that it's your setup if that makes sense good luck man
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

i really dont like meth until your running out of supporting mods as well imo and a BOV will not help you and if you run it to atmosphere your car will stutter which is cool for streets and **** but dangerous on the track.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by oneofakindtrini
Perhaps like basic bolt ons.

-TBE Exaust
-Manual Boost Controler
-Boost Gauge
-Meth is good for making power
-Drop in air filter or Intake
-Upper Lower InterCooler Piping
-Bov
-And a DynoFlash Tune...

And Make Sure Its Buschur Power lol
Do not get a tune by Dynoflash. You will regret it. I do agree that with the Buschur parts though. AMS will do just as well.

Quick Reply: 350hp